Liberal or Conservative - it matters not

Jarlaxle cv

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:19 pm
@socalgolfguy,
Quote:
Don't,,,I said don't say a word. GM removed a battery powered vehicle from market a few years ago the American consumer had produced a two month waiting list for.

Why did that happen?

The same reason Toyota axed their electric car at about the same time: it was a money sink, they lost thousands on every one. It was an impractical vehicle at best.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle cv

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:21 pm
@Bevo,
Bevo;61148 wrote:
Check this out, I just went and looked at new cars. You know that Ford does not offer a CNG vehicle at all. They said it was because the government does not want them too.

Yes, they do. The actually offer two: CNG-powered versions of the Croiwn Victoria & Econoline van. They may also still offer a CNG F-150 pickup.
socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 05:11 am
@Jarlaxle cv,
Jarlaxle;61679 wrote:
Yes, they do. The actually offer two: CNG-powered versions of the Croiwn Victoria & Econoline van. They may also still offer a CNG F-150 pickup.

I had heard that they were discontinuing the Crown Vic for public sales - it is to be offered to police departments and government agencies only. CNG in those instances would be appropriate since no drunks would be driving around a rolling bomb of compressed gas.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 06:16 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61709 wrote:
I had heard that they were discontinuing the Crown Vic for public sales - it is to be offered to police departments and government agencies only. CNG in those instances would be appropriate since no drunks would be driving around a rolling bomb of compressed gas.

Can't be any more dangerous than a car filled with highly flammable gasoline.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle cv

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 09:43 am
@socalgolfguy,
Except that CNG is also highly COMPRESSED. Even inert gas under pressure is dangerous.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 11:22 am
@socalgolfguy,
Imagine 2 drunks (me and Scooby) running head on into each other driving CNG cars - man, what an explosion that would be. Far worse than what happens here.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:40 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61738 wrote:
Imagine 2 drunks (me and Scooby) running head on into each other driving CNG cars - man, what an explosion that would be. Far worse than what happens here.

Scooby is explosive even when he's not in a car. Very Happy
0 Replies