I need your help

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 01:08 pm
I have a dilemma, that maybe some of you can help with advice.

I know a guy wanting to hire a new administrator of a multi-billion dollar business.

He has three candidates for the job. Of the three, two have never run a business of any kind. One has some experience as a trail lawyer, but made millions himself on one lawsuit and has never worked another day.

One of the candidates is a woman, and the business has never had a woman CEO, and one of them is a black guy, and the company never has had a black CEO.

The black guy talks a great game, but again, has next to nothing on his resume for running a business of this magnitude.

The lady makes great promises, but when pressed, really has no answer to back her ideas.

The third guy, he is a nice fellow, friendly, but has that all too familiar grin of a used car salesman or a trial lawyer. What should he do, bounce all three? Hire one of these clowns?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,202 • Replies: 40
No top replies

briansol

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 01:44 pm
@rugonnacry,
bounce all 3 Smile
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 02:38 pm
@rugonnacry,
Bounce all three, of course. If there's really no one else, hire the lawyer, but if the job is as lucrative as you make it sound, I don't see why there are no other applicants.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 02:49 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50400 wrote:
Bounce all three, of course. If there's really no one else, hire the lawyer, but if the job is as lucrative as you make it sound, I don't see why there are no other applicants.

There are but they have neglected to submit there resume to the Board for approval yet.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 02:53 pm
@rugonnacry,
Then he should set a deadline for them to submit their resume and wait. If the only candidates are that unqualified, it would probably work out more or less the same way if the position were left vacant.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:00 pm
@rugonnacry,
Vacancy in that position is not an option.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:06 pm
@rugonnacry,
Of course not, but I would expect incompetency in that position is not what they're looking for either.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:19 pm
@rugonnacry,
Unfortunately the remaining applications are no better.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:34 pm
@rugonnacry,
Well, then I would go with the lawyer, once he's truly scrutinized every one of them to death.

There is always the eenie-meenie-miney-mo method.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 03:52 pm
@rugonnacry,
He should hire me. I am available for consulting work, $25,000 a week...plus lunch.
westernmom

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:23 pm
@rugonnacry,
Why not hire a guy with plenty of experience in running large corporations, taking corruption out of the picture and turning around failing businesses? Duh...
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:26 pm
@rugonnacry,
The whole point is that there is no one like that available.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:32 pm
@rugonnacry,
Has anyone that applied for the job ever run a business of this magnitude? His anyone that has held this job ever run a business off this magnitude?
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:39 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;50453 wrote:
Why not hire a guy with plenty of experience in running large corporations, taking corruption out of the picture and turning around failing businesses? Duh...

And who do you think has applied for that position with those qualifications?
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:40 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;50456 wrote:
Has anyone that applied for the job ever run a business of this magnitude? His anyone that has held this job ever run a business off this magnitude?

The closest we have come is The Woman applicant, has been around it for 8 yeas, Her husband once held the title.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:41 pm
@rugonnacry,
From what I hear the last guy that got the job had already bankrupted three companies, so does it really matter? Do any of the workers ever show that they really care?
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:43 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;50459 wrote:
And who do you think has applied for that position with those qualifications?

Ryno - are you self-made or a trust fund baby? Because you're on your way to great wealth. I say you will be worth $5 million by 30 and $50 million by 40.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:46 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;50436 wrote:
He should hire me. I am available for consulting work, $25,000 a week...plus lunch.

$400,000 per year, along with a $50,000 expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 for entertainment.

Also The job holder will be in very high demand of public speaking events, and it is up to the employee to negotiate a financial settlement of those speaking sessions.

You have access to a Private Jet, as well as Round the clock personal security.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:47 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;50461 wrote:
From what I hear the last guy that got the job had already bankrupted three companies, so does it really matter? Do any of the workers ever show that they really care?

We had one that may have truly cared back in the 60's however, he met with an unfortunate shooting.

That doesnt happen often.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:48 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;50462 wrote:
Ryno - are you self-made or a trust fund baby? Because you're on your way to great wealth. I say you will be worth $5 million by 30 and $50 million by 40.

Trust fund Baby LOL No sir, My mother was on welfare untill I was 14 and then she worked at walmart, we still received food stamps.
0 Replies