Don't Criticise Islam - U.N. "Dictates"

Skye cv

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:31 am
That modern bastion of human righteousness rather than rights has taken time from money raising for their causes, while partying over the holiday break to decree yet another societal policy for us to follow. Can these guys get any worse - even the N.Y. Sanitation District would hesitate to remove them at this point.

Don't criticise Islam, says UN : December 2007 : Holy Smoke : UK : Telegraph Blogs

Holy Smoke
by Damian Thompson, December 31, 2007

Damian Thompson is editor-in-chief of the Catholic Herald. The Church Times once described him as a "blood-crazed ferret".

Don't criticise Islam, says UN
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,059 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 03:17 pm
@Skye cv,
Thanks, that's nice to know. Imagine what it would be like if people still took the U.N. seriously. Luckily, more people are now well informed on this issue and most people will see this as dangerous absurdity.

Not exactly standing up for free speech, are they?
Skye cv

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 05:28 pm
@Reagaknight,
One fascinating story about the U.N. which sticks in my head is the incident in May 2003 (oh boy the pictures were wonderful on the news) - of the restaurant workers' strike in the U.N. Building right around lunch time...here's a brief account....sadly no pictures.

Quote:

Workers Struggles: The Americas

UN food service workers wildcat over lost vacation pay
Food service workers staged a wildcat strike at the United Nations headquarters in New York May 2 when a contract management changed robbed them of reimbursement for vacation pay. Restaurant Associates Inc., which lost the UN contract in March, refused to award any vacation pay to workers that came due after May 2. Aramark Corporation, which won the new contract and is the largest US foodservices company, said it would not honor vacation time accrued before May 2.

The wildcat strike closed down cafeterias and bars in the UN’s 40-acre complex. While UN delegates have been known to drag their feet when starvation inflicts itself on populations around the world, by 1:00 p.m. bureaucratic lethargy was nowhere to be seen. A high-ranking UN delegate ordered the food service utilities opened despite the lack of staff. An Aramark executive described the ensuing scene as “chaos, wild, something out of a war scene,” as the distinguished delegates and staff sacked the restaurants and bars, stripping them bare of food, liquor and silverware as well.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 07:24 pm
@Skye cv,
That's hilarious, I don't recall it. I'll have to look for pictures later.
Skye cv

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 07:43 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight

It really was hilarious. I was posting on a very liberal anti-American forum at the time and they were puffing steam over it while I was screaming with laughter at the sight of the 'venerated U.N. members' turning into thugs over a donut or two.

It isn't as if they were locked in and were being starved to death ....:cool:
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 12:08 pm
@Skye cv,
Sadly, nothing will come of it. Perhaps when Bill Clinton realizes his lifelong dream of becoming Secretary General of the UN things there will change...(cough, cough)
92b16vx

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 01:46 pm
@Skye cv,
**** the United Nations.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 02:22 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;50020 wrote:
Sadly, nothing will come of it. Perhaps when Bill Clinton realizes his lifelong dream of becoming Secretary General of the UN things there will change...(cough, cough)

I think it would be a good appointment Very Happy
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 03:29 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;50032 wrote:
I think it would be a good appointment Very Happy

You surprised absolutely no one with that comment. We all know you have an overt yearning to be near him....
0 Replies

Joe Stalin

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 05:54 pm
@Skye cv,
I guess there is no chance my Uncle will get the job instead of Slick Willie?

I call John Bolton 'Unc. J' as he kinda looks like by late Uncle John. Very Happy
0 Replies