Why are major media outlets not covering Ron Pauls win at GOP debate?

92b16vx

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 11:21 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;15614 wrote:
So the people that were there meet the criteria, right?
They know enough to run for president. There are not many job qualifications other then being born here. So IMO they're <--fixed again qualified.
Yeah, and the liberterian middle of the roaders are gonna show us the light right? Na, they have to run as dems or repugs to have a chance.

You really are terrible at trying to poke holes in arguments.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 07:28 am
@I Understand,
I Understand;15622 wrote:
Do you even know where Dr. Paul stands or what he is about?

Who cares? Not me, i don't usually vote for fence riders. If he don't have the conviction to pick a side and has to run under the radar to get elected, he ain't noboby i wanna know.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 07:30 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;15629 wrote:
You really are terrible at trying to poke holes in arguments.
If there weren't holes in arguments i guess i would be out of business. I'm just trying to keep things in "Context?" LOL

In stead of correcting my spelling i suggest you do yours as well, i can point out a few posts if you need something to get started?
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 10:02 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;15696 wrote:
Who cares? Not me, i don't usually vote for fence riders. If he don't have the conviction to pick a side and has to run under the radar to get elected, he ain't noboby i wanna know.

He isn't a fence rider. He actually has a stance in issues, not some wibblewobble special interest decided views like typical republicans and democrats. People like you are the reason this country has been going to hell in a handbasket, more interested in keeping you party lines seperate, and worrying about who is what, instead of who stands for what. You'd all just as soon let the country go completely to **** than actually get someone that wants to take care of America, as long as they have the right label.
DCZE

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 12:31 pm
@I Understand,
IN RON PAUL'S WORDS:
"If we stuck to the Constitution as written, we would have: no federal meddling in our schools; no Federal Reserve; no U. S. membership in the U.N.; no gun control; and no foreign aid. We would have no welfare for big corporations, or the "poor"; No American troops in 100 foreign countries; no Nafta, GATT, or "fast-track"; no arrogant federal judges usurping states rights; no attacks on private property; and no income tax. We can get rid of most of the cabinet departments, most of the agencies, and most of the budget. The government would be small, frugal, and limited. That system is called Liberty. It's what the Founding Fathers gave us. Under liberty, we built the greatest, freest, most prosperous, most decent country on earth. But the media, as usual, were all wet. (Do they ever get anything right?) The average Congressman may go to Washington to wallow in power, and line his pockets with a big lobbying job for a special interest (so he can get keep ripping-off the taxpayers). But that's not why I'm in Congress. It's not why I left my medical practice as a physician. It's not why I put up with all of the abuse. It's not why I refuse a plush Congressional pension. I'm in this fight for reason. I want to hand on to my children and grandchildren, and to you in your family, a great and free America, an America true to her Constitution, an America worthy of her history. I'll not let the crooks and clowns and criminals have their way. I'm in Congress to represent the ideas of Liberty, the ideas that you and I share, for the people of my district, for the people of Texas, for the people of America. That's why I'm working to stop federal abuses, and to cut the government: its taxes, its bureaucrats, its paramilitary police, its spending, its meddling overseas, and every single unconstitutional action it takes. And not with a pair of nail scissors, but with a hammer and chisel. Won't you help me do this work? Not much of the federal leviathan would be left, if I had my way. But you'd be able to keep the money you earn, your privacy would be secure, your dollar would be sound, your local school would be tops, and your kids wouldn't be sent off to some useless or vicious foreign war to fight for the U.N.. By the way, when I say cut taxes, I don't mean fiddle with the code. I mean abolish the income tax and the IRS, and replace them with nothing. Such ideas, said one newspaper reporter, make me a maverick, who will never go far because he won't go along to get along. Darn right! What does "go far" mean? Get a big government job? To heck with that. And I won't sell my vote for pork either. When I walked through the U.S. Capitol this morning, I got angry. The building is filled with statues and paintings of Jefferson, Madison, and the other Founders. Those great men sacrificed everything to give us a free country, and a Constitution to keep it that way. When I was first elected, I placed my hand on the Bible and swore an oath to uphold the Constitution. That's exactly what I'm fighting for. Such ideas drive the liberals crazy. That's why I badly need your help. I've been targeted nationally for defeat. The Democrats, the AFL-CIO, the teachers union, big business PACs, the trial lawyers, the big bankers, the foreign aid lobbyists, the big media, and the establishment Republicans want to dance on my political grave. The Fed, the Education Department, in the U.N. are anxious to join in. They can't stand even one person telling the truth. And they're terrified when that truth gains the people support. Right now, four well funded Democrats are competing to try to beat me, and Republican is rumored to have been offered money at a secret meeting in Mexico(!) if he would try to knock me off in a primary. Won't you help me stay up here to fight? Frankly I'm in trouble if you don't. As I know from my last election, which I won by the skin of my teeth, the media will carry any smear, repeat any libel, throw any piece of mud, no matter how untrue. In fact, the less true, the more they like it. They are determined to silence me. But you can help me overcome all this. Together, we can beat the bad guys arrayed against our country and our freedom. We can support the Constitution. We can win. Together we can make this history." Sincerely, Ron Paul
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 03:05 pm
@I Understand,
He is right we can make this history. I am an optimist and i think Americans are waking up. Anybody who loves freedom should support this man.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 01:32 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;15711 wrote:
He isn't a fence rider. He actually has a stance in issues, not some wibblewobble special interest decided views like typical republicans and democrats. People like you are the reason this country has been going to hell in a handbasket, more interested in keeping you party lines seperate, and worrying about who is what, instead of who stands for what. You'd all just as soon let the country go completely to **** than actually get someone that wants to take care of America, as long as they have the right label.
Quote:
He isn't a fence rider. He actually has a stance in issues, not some wibblewobble special interest decided views like typical republicans and democrats.
And your not typical right? What makes your "special interests" much more special then ours? Oh, your thinking of the country, that's it? Na what i think your thinking of is yourself, not the country?
Quote:
People like you are the reason this country has been going to hell in a handbasket, more interested in keeping you party lines seperate, and worrying about who is what, instead of who stands for what.
Funny, i think it's people like you who are the reason this country's that way it is. Why should i here what this guy has to say when the first thing he does is deceive the public by saying he is a repug? Oh hell, i'll give him a break just because of what he stands for, Yeah Right!
Quote:
You'd all just as soon let the country go completely to **** than actually get someone that wants to take care of America, as long as they have the right label
Being he's got about a snowballs chance in hell, i expect you may just see that before you get your wish.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 01:36 pm
@I Understand,
I Understand;15726 wrote:
He is right we can make this history. I am an optimist and i think Americans are waking up. Anybody who loves freedom should support this man.
Being free means we don't have to support this man and still remain free.
I Understand

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 11:34 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;15766 wrote:
Being free means we don't have to support this man and still remain free.

How are we free right now? We live under the false assumption that we are free. This is a whole other topic.
92b16vx

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:03 pm
@I Understand,
I Understand;15805 wrote:
How are we free right now? We live under the false assumption that we are free. This is a whole other topic.

Exactly, everyday your individual rights are stripped, and people don't even care.

Quote:
And your not typical right? What makes your "special interests" much more special then ours? Oh, your thinking of the country, that's it? Na what i think your thinking of is yourself, not the country?

You're not too smart. For one thing, my special interest are not lining a politicians pockets to get them to pass law to my biding. If you didn't understand the term "special interest" how it was used, you shouldn't have commented.

Quote:
Funny, i think it's people like you who are the reason this country's that way it is. Why should i here what this guy has to say when the first thing he does is deceive the public by saying he is a repug? Oh hell, i'll give him a break just because of what he stands for, Yeah Right!

Yet another blind party dope.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 10:04 am
@I Understand,
More free than most of the world.

Maybe it's you guys who are so blinded by your hate of the fact that people join parties because they agree with that party and your mad because you can't win enough converts?
92b16vx

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 01:43 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;15866 wrote:
More free than most of the world.

Maybe it's you guys who are so blinded by your hate of the fact that people join parties because they agree with that party and your mad because you can't win enough converts?

He's a republican.

And I guess as long as we can still say "more free than most others" it's ok to have our freedom eroded little by little
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 01:44 pm
@I Understand,
Yeah, I know. Statement still applies.
0 Replies

lizwitch

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 12:13 pm
@I Understand,
I Understand;15473 wrote:
He has won nearly every major poll on the websites and all you hear about is Gulliani, McCain, and Romney. Ron Paul is exactly what this country needs and the polls don't lie.

I agree that he is better than the other candadites - but the mainstream press is owned by three corporations - and all of them are making money off the war - Ron Paul is all for ending the war so the mainstream media won't be doing him any justice. Just for example - GE owns NBC MSNBC and many cable stations - GE is one of the biggest munitions manufactures in the world. What do you think they do with their news stations?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 09:14 am
@I Understand,
I Understand;15805 wrote:

Opression is in the mind. IMO also something you surcumb too?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 04:33 am
@I Understand,
Ron Paul is an idiot and loser. He's irrelevant to the upcoming presidential elections. Forget about him.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:00 am
@I Understand,
I second that.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:39 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;17366 wrote:
Ron Paul is an idiot and loser. He's irrelevant to the upcoming presidential elections. Forget about him.

Yea, a real moron for believing in the constitution, and wanting to do what's good, and right for America, a total whack job.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 02:21 pm
@I Understand,
"Yea, a real moron for believing in the constitution, and wanting to do what's good, and right for America, a total whack job."

Naive idealist. The world is a mean mofo. He needs to accept that fact. Utopia doesn't and CAN'T exist. Give it up. Get real.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 04:57 pm
@I Understand,
Insisting that we make war because it is necessary and only because it is necessary not because a small group of men want it isn't naive and...stupid agression isn't tough its just stupid....it accomplishes nothing and wastes resources....I dont agree with all of Pauls ideas but reigning in foreign adventures that do not fit th definition of necessity is golden right now
We all know the world is a mean crazy place and requires compromise in the name survival but not a rubber stamp for neocon pipe dreams
0 Replies