wvpeach, who created the world?

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 12:20 pm
Hey wvpeach. I just wanted your opinion on who created the world.

[SIZE="4"]Did the Father create the world?

Did the Son create the world?

OR did both the Son and Father create the world?
[/SIZE]

Take care
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,717 • Replies: 141
No top replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:16 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;37052 wrote:
Hey wvpeach. I just wanted your opinion on who YOU THINK created the world.

[SIZE="4"]Did the Father create the world?

Did the Son create the world?

OR did both the Son and Father create the world?
[/SIZE]

Take care

FIXT

since not even a bible thumper actually KNOWS, just a strong hope.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:26 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
jd4u, that has to be the dumbest question I ever seen you post.

Sorry my friend, you have severely limited the answer by not allowing enough multiple choice questions.

Cmon junior (bet you missed that one eh?) you GOT to come up with better questions if you expect people to take you seriously.

BTW, I hope you and your dad can make my show on sunday.

Welcome to BlogTalkRadio

Some of your old friends and nemesis promise to be there.
wvpeach

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:04 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Well personally I believe both the father and the son had a hand in it. As Jesus says many times in the bible that he does only what the father taught him and that without the Father he can do nothing on his own. So God the Father gave Jesus the son the authority and power to create the world.

John 5:19 Verily , Verily I say unto you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise
AND

John 8 : 28 Then said Jesus unto them, When you have lifted up the SON of man, then shall ye know that I am he , and that I do nothing of myself ; but as my father has taught me , I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: The Father hath not left me alone: for I always do those things that please him.

John 14:28 ye have heard how I said unto you I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me ye would rejoice, because I said I go unto the Father; For the Father is greater than I.

And then of coarse there is

1st Corinthians 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet . But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted , which did put all things under him.

And when all things shall be subdued under him, then shall the SON also himself be subject to him that put all things under him, that God may be all and all.

Colossians 1: 15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the first born of every creature.
For by him were all things created , that are in heaven and in the earth, visible and invisible. whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him and for him.
And he is before all things , and by him all things consist.
And he is the head of the body the church, who is the beginning the first born from the dead; that in all things he might have preeminence .
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell.

So by these scriptures I have posted for you above and many others in the bible it would appear that God gave Jesus all power and authority to create the world and every creature in it.

One of my favorite parts of the bible is the first chapter of Hebrews. Its really a love letter to the Lord Jesus . In this chapter it is told of Gods love for Jesus and how he set him above all the angels and all of creation .

I love the first chapter of Hebrews it is a fitting tribute to the Lord Jesus.:headbang:
wvpeach

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:06 pm
@wvpeach,
And died for you

I love to study the bible , so I am happy always to do that with you.

You'll have to forgive me though if I don't get back to you much this weekend.

My sister in law is coming from out of town with my two nieces.

8 and 4 yrs old . I am looking forward to it , but as no small children have graced my home for a decade at least now they really do keep me busy.

But I appreciate the bible study and will get back here when I can.

Paula
mako cv

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:48 pm
@wvpeach,
Quote:
Well personally I believe both the father and the son had a hand in it.
wvpeach

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 03:06 pm
@mako cv,
I understand mako and there are legends among the Indian tribes about the Son of God who walked the Americas suring the 1600"S

People need to understand that different groups may use a name we are unfamiliar with for God .

That does not mean they are not talking about the one true God.
mako cv

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 03:13 pm
@wvpeach,
Ah, that is the rub...who is the one true god? We Deists contend that the Creator has never interacted with his creation and there really is no evidence that he has. So why should one religion take precedence over another as being of the one true god? :patriot:
JesusDiedForU

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:46 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37071 wrote:
Well personally I believe both the father and the son had a hand in it. As Jesus says many times in the bible that he does only what the father taught him and that without the Father he can do nothing on his own. So God the Father gave Jesus the son the authority and power to create the world.

John 5:19 Verily , Verily I say unto you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise
AND

John 8 : 28 Then said Jesus unto them, When you have lifted up the SON of man, then shall ye know that I am he , and that I do nothing of myself ; but as my father has taught me , I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: The Father hath not left me alone: for I always do those things that please him.

John 14:28 ye have heard how I said unto you I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me ye would rejoice, because I said I go unto the Father; For the Father is greater than I.

And then of coarse there is

1st Corinthians 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet . But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted , which did put all things under him.

And when all things shall be subdued under him, then shall the SON also himself be subject to him that put all things under him, that God may be all and all.

Colossians 1: 15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the first born of every creature.
For by him were all things created , that are in heaven and in the earth, visible and invisible. whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him and for him.
And he is before all things , and by him all things consist.
And he is the head of the body the church, who is the beginning the first born from the dead; that in all things he might have preeminence .
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell.

So by these scriptures I have posted for you above and many others in the bible it would appear that God gave Jesus all power and authority to create the world and every creature in it.

One of my favorite parts of the bible is the first chapter of Hebrews. Its really a love letter to the Lord Jesus . In this chapter it is told of Gods love for Jesus and how he set him above all the angels and all of creation .

I love the first chapter of Hebrews it is a fitting tribute to the Lord Jesus.:headbang:

Okay, good verses.

But you say that Jesus was given all the power by Jehovah (God) to create the earth.

HOWEVER, Jehovah states in Isaiah that He created the earth ALONE and by HIMSELF

Is Jehovah telling the truth? YES or NO

(Don't worry about this weekend... I will wait for your response)

Take care.
JesusDiedForU

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 05:11 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;37063 wrote:
jd4u, that has to be the dumbest question I ever seen you post.

Sorry my friend, you have severely limited the answer by not allowing enough multiple choice questions.

Cmon junior (bet you missed that one eh?) you GOT to come up with better questions if you expect people to take you seriously.

BTW, I hope you and your dad can make my show on sunday.

Welcome to BlogTalkRadio

Some of your old friends and nemesis promise to be there.

Fed up,

It's okay if you don't understand my post.

What is going on with your talk radio show and campbell?

You should have him on sometime...
FedUpAmerican

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 08:34 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;37101 wrote:
Fed up,

It's okay if you don't understand my post.

What is going on with your talk radio show and campbell?

You should have him on sometime...

This Sunday. I would love to have you both on.

Welcome to BlogTalkRadio
wvpeach

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 08:58 pm
@mako cv,
Well mako

i understand that you do not know me and have no reason to take what I say as the truth.

But I assure you that the creator has interacted with me in a very personal way a couple of times.

Once this happens you can never doubt God is all powerful and divine.

mako;37080 wrote:
Ah, that is the rub...who is the one true god? We Deists contend that the Creator has never interacted with his creation and there really is no evidence that he has. So why should one religion take precedence over another as being of the one true god? :patriot:
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 09:00 pm
@JesusDiedForU,
Died for you chapter and verse please, so I can know what you are talking about.

As far as I remember in Isaiah it is completely the Lord Jesus talking. But the bible is a big book , maybe I am wrong.

Chapter and verse please?

JesusDiedForU;37098 wrote:
Okay, good verses.

But you say that Jesus was given all the power by Jehovah (God) to create the earth.

HOWEVER, Jehovah states in Isaiah that He created the earth ALONE and by HIMSELF

Is Jehovah telling the truth? YES or NO

(Don't worry about this weekend... I will wait for your response)

Take care.
JesusDiedForU

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 10:49 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37131 wrote:
Died for you chapter and verse please, so I can know what you are talking about.

As far as I remember in Isaiah it is completely the Lord Jesus talking. But the bible is a big book , maybe I am wrong.

Chapter and verse please?

(Isaiah was wrtten about 700 years BEFORE Jesus).

[SIZE="4"]
Jehovah made the earth?...[/SIZE]

I am the LORD [Jehovah],
who has made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself
(Isaiah 44:24)

[SIZE="4"]Jesus made the earth?...[/SIZE]

By him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth...all things were created by him, and for him (Colossians 1:16)

All things were made by him(Jesus); and without him was not anything made that was made (John 1:3)

If Jehovah created the world alone and by himself, how can Jesus been part of creation of the earth?
JesusDiedForU

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 10:58 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;37129 wrote:
This Sunday. I would love to have you both on.

Welcome to BlogTalkRadio

Do we just call in?

I live in Michigan... is it possible for me to listen to you on the radio?

The show starts at 4pm... righT?
mlurp

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 11:40 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;37072 wrote:
And died for you

I love to study the bible , so I am happy always to do that with you.

You'll have to forgive me though if I don't get back to you much this weekend.

My sister in law is coming from out of town with my two nieces.

8 and 4 yrs old . I am looking forward to it , but as no small children have graced my home for a decade at least now they really do keep me busy.

But I appreciate the bible study and will get back here when I can.

Paula

Wasn't the Holy Spirit involved. I alway just accepted that.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 04:27 am
@JesusDiedForU,
JesusDiedForU;37138 wrote:
Do we just call in?

I live in Michigan... is it possible for me to listen to you on the radio?

The show starts at 4pm... righT?

Yes, you can call in. All the info's on Welcome to BlogTalkRadio
Campbell34

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 06:14 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;37143 wrote:
Wasn't the Holy Spirit involved. I alway just accepted that.

Yes the Holy Spirit was involved. And this question was asked because there are those who donot believe in a Triune God. They will tell you that Jesus made the earth, and they will tell you the Jehovah also made the earth, and that's where the problem begin's for those who donot believe in a Triune God. You see in the Old Testament, Jehovah states He made the earth alone and by Himself. Now for Christians there is no problem with that verse, because we believe that Jesus and Jehovah = one God. Yet if you were a member of the JW's they donot believe that. They believe that Jesus was a second created God. So when you ask one if they believe that Jehovah made the earth alone and by Himself, that cannot agree with His statement.
They will tell you they believe everything Jehovah has said, but the reality is that cannot believe that He made the earth alone and by Himself. And the reason for this is because the New Testament tells us Jesus made the earth. So unless the Father and Jesus = One God they are left with this big problem that goes against their doctrine. That's why JW's refuse to agree with the Jehovah's statement in the Old Testament. It really come's down to the fact that their belief system is more important to them then what is actually stated in the Bible. For the JW's it is a real point of frustration, and they cannot resolve it. I discovered this verse long ago and have enjoyed speaking with them about it when they come knocking on my door. When ever I ask one of them to confirm Jehovah's own words about His creation of the earth they can't. Because Jehovah doesen't agree with their doctrine.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:35 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;37172 wrote:
Yes, you can call in. All the info's on Welcome to BlogTalkRadio

I think what they call what your doing, spamming.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:51 am
@JesusDiedForU,
Nope. What I'm doing is answering a question.

comments deleted by admin