Fox Loses GOP Debate Support

92b16vx

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 12:45 am
Fox Loses GOP Debate Support

Saturday, January 5, 2008 3:11 PM

Article Font Size

The New Hampshire Republican Party dropped their affiliation with a Republican debate sponsored by Fox News tomorrow night because they have limited the number of candidates that can participate, according to a report in Boston.com.

“The first-in-the-nation New Hampshire primary serves a national purpose by giving all candidates an equal opportunity on a level playing field," said Republican chair Fergus Cullen. "Only in New Hampshire do lesser known, lesser funded underdogs have a fighting chance to establish themselves as national figures."

The Fox debate is excluding Texas Congressman Ron Paul even though he polls higher in New Hampshire and has raised significantly more money, and is campaigning more in New Hampshire than Fred Thompson who is invited.

"We look forward to presenting a substantive forum which will serve as the first program of its kind this election season," David Rhodes, vice president of Fox News, said in a statement.

Newsmax.com - Fox Loses GOP Debate Support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the NH GOP realizes Fox are a bunch of agenda driven sockpuppets.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,114 • Replies: 35
No top replies

briansol

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 02:19 am
@92b16vx,
nice. everyone should boycott it. that would be awesome. fox news, live, with no one there. haha
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 11:31 am
@briansol,
Yeah....it's funny. I bet Fathead O'Reilly and Rupert Murdoch are two honked off idiots right now. Ha.Very Happy
92b16vx

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 12:34 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;50078 wrote:
Yeah....it's funny. I bet Fathead O'Reilly and Rupert Murdoch are two honked off idiots right now. Ha.Very Happy

I doubt it, they don't care about anything past themselves, and their agenda.
92b16vx

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 12:45 pm
@92b16vx,
New Hampshire G.O.P. Backs Out of Fox Forum
By Michael Falcone

MANCHESTER, N.H. — Ron Paul raised nearly $20 million in the last quarter, likely more than any of his rivals. He garnered 10 percent of the Republican vote in the Iowa Caucuses, surpassing Rudolph W. Giuliani. And he’s in New Hampshire this weekend on the airwaves and the campaign trail before the Jan. 8 primary.
But the Texas congressman and presidential contender won’t be getting a seat and the table at Sunday’s Fox News Republican candidate forum.
On Saturday the New Hampshire Republican party expressed its disappointment with the decision to exclude Mr. Paul and Representative Duncan Hunter of California by severing its partnership with Fox.
“We believe that it is inconsistent with the first in the nation primary tradition to be excluding candidates in a pre-primary setting,” said Fergus Cullen, chair of the state G.O.P. party. “All candidates regardless of how well known they are or how much money they’ve raised should be treated equally here.”

Fox News invited Mr. Giuliani, Mitt Romney, John McCain, Mike Huckabee and Fred Thompson to the 90-minute forum which will be held Sunday night at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire. Mr. Paul is leading Mr. Thompson in several recent polls in the state.
The New Hampshire G.O.P. has been in discussions with Fox to include all the candidates in the forum, but the network said that it was only inviting candidates who received double digit support in national polls.
On Saturday, Fox News Channel issued a brief statement from David Rhodes, its vice president of news: “We look forward to presenting a substantive forum which will serve as the first program of its kind this election season.”
Supporters of Mr. Paul will still be able to watch him on their television screens Sunday night. Jesse Benton, his spokesman, said the campaign is planning its own town hall special to be broadcast on Manchester, N.H. public television, C-SPAN and online. Mr. Paul is also set to appear on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Monday.
Update: In a statement, Duncan Hunter’s presidential campaign announced that it too would hold its own town hall meeting in place of the Fox News forum, and noted that Mr. Hunter won a delegate in Saturday’s Wyoming primary while other candidates who received invitations to the forum did not.
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 04:32 pm
@92b16vx,
Paulbots, the new move-on, LOL.
klyph

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 06:46 pm
@92b16vx,
I can't understand why you think any of Dr. Paul's ideas are bad. Name one policy of his and explain why it's a bad idea.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 07:03 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;50094 wrote:
I doubt it, they don't care about anything past themselves, and their agenda.

It doesn't take much to trigger a meltdown in O'Reilly. He's probably out beating up some homeless dude under a bridge right now somewhere in NH.Very Happy
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 07:04 pm
@klyph,
klyph;50137 wrote:
I can't understand why you think any of Dr. Paul's ideas are bad. Name one policy of his and explain why it's a bad idea.

Hello? Klyph....hello? Ron is WAY out in left field. Yeah.....WAY, WAY out there.:wtf:
92b16vx

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 07:36 pm
@klyph,
klyph;50137 wrote:

If he responds with more than a MSM soundbyte, or some neocon bloggers opinion, I would be highly surprised.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 07:37 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;50141 wrote:
Hello? Klyph....hello? Ron is WAY out in left field. Yeah.....WAY, WAY out there.:wtf:

Here ya go Klyph, a prime example of not backing up the "He's crazy" blah blah blah.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 07:40 pm
@92b16vx,
Quote:
Supporters of Mr. Paul will still be able to watch him on their television screens Sunday night. Jesse Benton, his spokesman, said the campaign is planning its own town hall special to be broadcast on Manchester, N.H. public television, C-SPAN and online. Mr. Paul is also set to appear on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Monday.

Where there will undoubtedly be a moving chorus of Kumbaya with everyone holding hands and singing in unity.

Wow, C-SPAN.
92b16vx

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 07:55 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50153 wrote:
Where there will undoubtedly be a moving chorus of Kumbaya with everyone holding hands and singing in unity.

Wow, C-SPAN.

Off the cuff irrelevent attemps at ad hom are a sign of mental weakness.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 07:59 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;50158 wrote:
Off the cuff irrelevent attemps at ad hom are a sign of mental weakness.

Ad hominem attacks require a point to not answer. This thread does not posess any point other than whining about Fox and how evil it is.

For that matter, some would say supporting Ron Paul is a sign of mental weakness. Matter of opinion.
92b16vx

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:03 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50161 wrote:
Ad hominem attacks require a point to not answer. This thread does not posess any point other than whining about Fox and how evil it is.

For that matter, some would say supporting Ron Paul is a sign of mental weakness. Matter of opinion.

So can you answer Klyph question or not? It's real simple. Debate 101.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:27 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;50164 wrote:
So can you answer Klyph question or not? It's real simple. Debate 101.

I agree with many of his policies, I just don't like his style. Or supporters.

Also, his non-interventionist policies are simply unrealistic.
92b16vx

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:35 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50169 wrote:
Also, his non-interventionist policies are simply unrealistic.

How do you figure that? We do not need to be involved with the workings of other countries, in case you missed it, our out of control desire to be numero uno has caused most of our problems. Perpetuating the policies that have gotten us into the clusterfuck we are in is a very bad idea.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 08:49 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;50173 wrote:
How do you figure that? We do not need to be involved with the workings of other countries, in case you missed it, our out of control desire to be numero uno has caused most of our problems. Perpetuating the policies that have gotten us into the cluster*** we are in is a very bad idea.

Well, I for one don't want to wait until we get attacked in the US to fight our enemies abroad. Call it warmongering, but pre-emptive strikes have the abilitu to work, you know.

Also, smaller government is nice, but this guy is so radical that we'll have a one room log cabin on Capitol hill. I don't think we should take that kind of extreme step, especially when a lot of the issues he doesn't want the government to decide on are really best left up to the federal government.
92b16vx

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 09:02 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;50176 wrote:
Well, I for one don't want to wait until we get attacked in the US to fight our enemies abroad. Call it warmongering, but pre-emptive strikes have the abilitu to work, you know.

Bullshit. Let me ask you this, what do you think would happen if you were walking down the street with a friend, and a large, scary gangbanger looking type was walking towards you. You friend says he thinks the guy has a gun, and is going to shoot you, so you pull out a gun, and blow his head off. What do you think is going to happen to you? Do you think that anyone is going to say it's ok, because your friend told you he was going to attack you, and you thought he had a gun so you just pre-emptively killed him? Too simplistic? Nope, not at all.

No one has the right to kill someone else out of fear. It is criminal.

Quote:
Also, smaller government is nice, but this guy is so radical that we'll have a one room log cabin on Capitol hill. I don't think we should take that kind of extreme step, especially when a lot of the issues he doesn't want the govwenment to decide on are really best left up to the federal government.

Why don't you give some examples of big government that you like, that Ron Paul wants to get rid of, and back up any assertation that we need them.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 06:30 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;50152 wrote:
Here ya go Klyph, a prime example of not backing up the "He's crazy" blah blah blah.

Look.....I tried to listen to the guy on TV. I mean, I really tried. He rambled, rationalized away our need to fight the WOT, and didn't seem that bright. I'm sorry. I'm unimpressed with the dude. I'd never support him. :dunno:
0 Replies