Iowa Straw Poll

westernmom

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:15 am
@92b16vx,
So if Romney provided a fun day for his supporters what's the big deal? He didn't force them to get on the buses did he?

To me it was a smart way to get name recognition and airtime for himself.

It's not like the vote is influencing the final outcome. It was a fundraiser for the GOP for heck sakes. Not the national election!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:50 am
@briansol,
briansol;30808 wrote:
if he was such a good mayor, why didn't he get re-elected?

some of these pages should peak your dis-interest:
firefighters against giuliani - Google Search

All I know is what I see on TV. He seems to be the most experienced and convincing of all the Repub candidates to me.:dunno:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:51 am
@92b16vx,
Okay.....I'm ignorant on this. Will someone please tell me why frig'n Iowa is so darned important.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:52 am
@92b16vx,
ultimately, it might. Iowa and NH primaries are the first that end up chosing who the delegate of the party will be.

if he rigs both of these events by spending stupid amounts of money, the rest of the candidates who aren't as spendy as the rest will get pushed to the bottom, even though their ideas are better.

Most cadidates are in the millions spent. last i saw, ron paul is up to 600k.
westernmom

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:01 pm
@briansol,
briansol;30862 wrote:
ultimately, it might. Iowa and NH primaries are the first that end up chosing who the delegate of the party will be.

if he rigs both of these events by spending stupid amounts of money, the rest of the candidates who aren't as spendy as the rest will get pushed to the bottom, even though their ideas are better.

Most cadidates are in the millions spent. last i saw, ron paul is up to 600k.

Why would it be "rigging" if he is spending money that he has earned? Where does that money go? To people that cater events, bus drivers, etc. He's creating jobs!

And why would it be "stupid" to spend if it gets him elected?

When you want something, don't you have to pay for it? Can you be a doctor without spending money for an education?

Ron Paul who?????
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:04 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;30311 wrote:
Mc Guiliani might as well just cut and run (lol), hell, two guys that aren't even really running for the nomination beat them.

neither Thompson nor Giuliani campaigned

Rudy still leads a vast majority of GOP polls and you'd better hope he wins, cause realistically it's Rudy or Mrs President
92b16vx

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;30880 wrote:
neither Thompson nor Giuliani campaigned

Rudy still leads a vast majority of GOP polls and you'd better hope he wins, cause realistically it's Rudy or Mrs President

Rudy is a douchebag and I wouldn't vote for the scum if he actually was a republican. If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination than you can say hello to Hitlery, as he is the ONLY candidate that will pull voters from ALL sides, republican loyalist, democrats that are scared by Hitlery, wingnuts, libertarians, constitutionalist, and, the young voters. Too many people see through Rudy, his is only concerned with his own image and profits, and is only riding the deaths of those in 9/11 as long as he can. He didn't campaign Iowa because Iowa doesn't want his ass, because he is not a republican.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:19 pm
@92b16vx,
Social Healthcare FTL.

I'm tired of paying for every god damn slacker who can't afford it on their own.
get a damn job like i did.

bad enough i have to pay to raise their babies and give them food stamps to eat.... now i have to make sure they don't get sick and die so they can mooch off me longer????

F that.

if Paul doesn't get the nod, i'm writing him in anyway.
i suggest everyone who works for a living to do the same thing.
westernmom

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:23 pm
@briansol,
briansol;30891 wrote:
Social Healthcare FTL.

I'm tired of paying for every god damn slacker who can't afford it on their own.
get a damn job like i did.

bad enough i have to pay to raise their babies and give them food stamps to eat.... now i have to make sure they don't get sick and die so they can mooch off me longer????

F that.

if Paul doesn't get the nod, i'm writing him in anyway.
i suggest everyone who works for a living to do the same thing.

I totally agree with you but you have to vote for a candidate that acually has a chance of winning. That's how Hit-lary WILL get in!
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:25 pm
@92b16vx,
No, i don't.

I HAVE TO vote for the candidate that I think best respresents who i Feel should be America's leader.

If more people thought this way, we would have much better elections.
briansol

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:26 pm
@92b16vx,
and besides... if ron paul doesn't get in, we're screwed anyway... so it really doesn't matter to me who else goes in.

the economy will go to ****, we'll go into recession, we'll get bombed monthly by the taliban...

oh well. vote for hillary duff
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:28 pm
@briansol,
briansol;30896 wrote:
No, i don't.

I HAVE TO vote for the candidate that I think best respresents who i Feel should be America's leader.

If more people thought this way, we would have much better elections.

Exactly. The tactic of getting people to toe the party line is old and tired, and got us into this BS mess we are in now being run by neocons. Vote for who you think will be the right person for the job, not just because they have a (R) in front of their name on some MSM poll.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:41 pm
@briansol,
briansol;30891 wrote:
Social Healthcare FTL.

THIS GUY:
FOXNews.com - Pedophile Blogger Arrested Near UCLA Day Care Facility - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Will be receiving social health care, paid for by you and I, if you vote for hilary or obama.
remember that.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:47 pm
@92b16vx,
So why do you think Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that can handle fiscal matters?

When I was young and foolish I too thought that by voting for the person that best represented me that I was making a statement. Guess what? No one heard my statement! People like Carter got voted in!
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:53 pm
@92b16vx,
MLK started out in his local church, and with time, became a household name where streets are named after him. People heard his statement.

Today, with the power of the internet, in theory, I could run for president.

Hell, if ron paul doesn't get the nod, i'm going to start a campaign to elect me.... kinda like Colbert did for that bridge in Holland or where ever it was.

I don't think Paul is the only one who can handle the fiscal matters. There's a lot more to him than that.
Out of everything i've read, the only thing i DON'T agree with him on is abortion. I am pro-abortion. I think more girls should have them. but that was another thread.... whereas Paul is pro life.

Since im a guy, and i'm smart, i don't really have to worry about abortions. My g/f is on the pill, and we play it safe. If it happens, it happens, and I will take care of our kid if we should have one with out any issues.

Other than that, there's not a thing I don't nod my hat to him for saying.

Ron who?
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Watch some. get to know him.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 03:59 pm
@92b16vx,
Hey.....what's a 'chooch'?
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 10:16 pm
@92b16vx,