Gun Control

Drakej

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 10:41 pm
With the recent happenings at Virginia Tech and in the more recent past Columbine, where do you think the issue of gun control is going to go?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,311 • Replies: 204
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 11:17 pm
@Drakej,
With democrats, directly to the left. They still think guns kill people.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 01:39 am
@Drakej,
what you outlaw guns only outlaws will own guns
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 08:03 am
@Drakej,
They outlaw guns, time for me to become an outlaw!
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:41 pm
@Drakej,
The problem with gun control is it only works to control the lawabiding citizen. It does absolutely NOTHING to deter a criminal who is going to commit a crime. Does anyone really think that a robber is going to use a stick because Brady got a few laws passed? Or because some group wants to ban .50 cals? Or that crime is going to go up because now I can have an AR15 with a shorter barrel as opposed to the Mini 14 I could legally possess during the AWB?

Gun control is nothing more than a platform for liberals to use against the non free thinking public to garnish favor in that they are trying to do something. Fact is, they aren't. MAYBE if firearms had been regulated long before there were millions in the hands of US citizens, than it would have a small leg to stand on. As it is now, there are way too many guns in peoples hand to make any law viable.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:58 pm
@Drakej,
The thing that gets me is all of these people that scream for all firearms to be outlawed are really not thinking clearly. They seem to forget about that document that states we have the right to free speech. Yeah the 2nd point in that list is the right to keep and bear arms. If people feel it is fine to strike that off the list we may as well burn the whole thing and start over.

I have heard some argue that those rights are old and outdated. That there is no place for firearms in todays society. Well if you follow that thought you better not speak/write about things you do not like because you may offend someone in these ever so sensitive times we live in. You give an inch they take a mile. Those are the right this country has founded on. These are the rights that have protected us from threats foreign and domestic. Why would you want to sign those rights away?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 07:44 pm
@Drakej,
The banning of gun ownership will not make America safer. As many have noted, criminals will still have guns, and our weak-kneed criminal justice system won't prosecute gun crimes any more vigorously than it does now. Why bother, from a practical perspective alone?
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:42 pm
@Drakej,
Why bother with attempting to ban them? Or why bother fighting for them? Like was previously mentioned there is way to much money involved with the whole campaign on banning guns. But there are a lot of very uneducated people out there that have a blind fear of guns. A friend of mines girlfriend freaked when I was cleaning my pistol. Keep in mind it was stripped down to the bare frame. So it was completely unable to fire any sort of projectile. Now has she been affected personally by fire arms? No she does know anyone that has been harmed or even injured by a gun. But the stigma she grew up around told her that all firearms are evil and the people that own them should not be trusted.

Most people are not capable of stepping back and looking at this subject in another light. When most people react negatively to guns and say things like "i do not trust people with guns" in my experience this comment is made because they do not in fact trust them selves. I am very pro 2nd amendment but I understand and realize yes there are some people that are not capable of handling the responsibility. And it is always the few that ruin it for the many.
0 Replies

NOOTRAC22

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 08:13 am
@Drakej,
gun controll is hitting what you shoot at.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 08:15 am
@Drakej,
Well said Drakej.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 12:54 pm
@Drakej,
A few Gun control laws won't hurt anyone, and who knows maybe a pyche test would help to reduce the number of gun related deaths.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 03:43 pm
@markx15,
markx15;13791 wrote:
A few Gun control laws won't hurt anyone, and who knows maybe a pyche test would help to reduce the number of gun related deaths.

There are already many gun control laws, hell even with the US Treasury controlling automatic weapons, and assault weapons banned there were still plenty of guns out there. The only people that were effected by the laws are those that obey them in the first place. Criminals do not care that the senate/congress says they can't have guns, it's laughable to think that anymore gun laws are going to change their minds. So faced with the fact that guns are out there, and that criminals are going to use them regardless of the law, we must come to grips with them, and educate the public on them. Irresponsible ownership has plagued guns existance in America. Accidental shootings, kids getting ahold of their parents weapon, and so on, they have become demonized. While I having lived in Germany for a number of years can say that a society where you can be certain you will not get shot is a beautiful thing, that just isn't the reality in America. Since there's no way to stifle all the existing guns on the streets we really have no choice if we want to defend ourselves from those that would harm us.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 06:05 pm
@Drakej,
You are afraid of everyone and you consider this a good thing? Every gun should come with a picture of a gun victim on it, then lets see how many people would be so willing to use them.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 06:41 pm
@markx15,
markx15;13832 wrote:
You are afraid of everyone and you consider this a good thing? Every gun should come with a picture of a gun victim on it, then lets see how many people would be so willing to use them.

Actually, I'm not afraid of anybody, and have had many a gun shot at me, both in the civilian world, and a warzone, and been shot...twice. I do however look around, at least were I live, and see quite a bit of gun crime, and realize that in reality they are here to stay. I am probably one of the more responsible people when I carry, and my son will never be able to touch my pistol when I am not there, and if some how he did, it will not be able to fire. Of course between TV, and gangsta rap, it seems most people are so desensitized to violence that you could make them watch reels of murder footage and most people woudl still buy it. Of course the issue isn't really stopping people from buying them, but what do you do with the millions out there now?

BTW, I don't have guns because I am paranoid, I actually like them, they are fun to shoot.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 07:03 pm
@Drakej,
Exactly for that reason, educate america visually on the effects of improper use of guns, to say that someone is dead and to show the corpse provokes two diferent reactions.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 07:21 pm
@markx15,
markx15;13837 wrote:
Exactly for that reason, educate america visually on the effects of improper use of guns, to say that someone is dead and to show the corpse provokes two diferent reactions.

I agree with you, people don't register that when they use that weapon, someone is going to die, and it isn't till the next episode, they are gone.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 08:26 pm
@Drakej,
Whenever I imagine Slick Willy getting a blow-job in the Oral Office, and then lying about it to the Nation, I want the Second Amendment strengthened.
0 Replies

NOOTRAC22

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:58 am
@markx15,
markx15;13832 wrote:
? Every gun should come with a picture of a gun victim on it, then lets see how many people would be so willing to use them.

that might not be a bad idea so long as we do it trading card style. kinda like the garbage pale kids used to be.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:26 pm
@Drakej,
Guns do not kill people. By that same token, then should playing cards come with a pic of someone that lost everything? What about bicycles coming with a vid of a kid getting run over? Beer with a pic of a person dying from DWI?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:39 pm
@Drakej,
I say really enforce the gun laws we already have , strenuously .
0 Replies