For all you America is Evil People

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 11:25 am
Here's the World Food Programs 2.7 Billion dollar donation list by county

43 cents on the dollar? US donations

We feed the world, we protect the world. You want to complain about how our county does these things, why don't you step up to the plate and give more effort. A few more dollars to feed the hungry won't kill you, neither would a few thousand soldiers to keep the peace in places like Afghanistan.

You wonder why America seems Arrogant and doesn't listen to the world? Cause we do all the work. If you want a fair say you need to have a fair stake.

UN Food Program Donation List by Country

Interesting numbers:

Kenya, gives more then Opec

Israel is 80th in total gift

The OPEC total amounts to roughly one minute and 10 seconds worth of the organization’s estimated $674 billion in annual oil revenues in 2007 — revenues that will be vastly exceeded in 2008 with the continuing spiral in world oil prices.

The only other major oil exporter who made the WFP list of 2008 donors was the United Arab Emirates, which kicked in $50,000. UAE oil revenues in 2007 were $63 billion.

By contrast, the poverty-stricken African republic of Burkina Faso is listed as donating more than $600,000, and Bangladesh, perennial home of many of the world’s hungriest people, is listed as donating nearly $5.8 million.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,504 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Drakej

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 10:43 pm
@Silverchild79,
Well I think it is just an elaborate ploy on the US's part, we are just setting up 50 years in advance for our final victory that will lead to total domination of the world.

/sarcasm

We are damned if we do and damned if we dont. If we sit on our hands it pisses everyone off and if we act it pisses people off. I am not a huge fan of how involved we get with other nations and such but when it comes to aid and things like that, if we do not do it chances are no one will do it.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:16 pm
@Drakej,
We don't protect the world. we protect our interests.

(not that we are the only people that do it though...)
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 10:03 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;57365 wrote:

You wonder why America seems Arrogant and doesn't listen to the world? Cause we do all the work. If you want a fair say you need to have a fair stake.

You see the thing about donations when from a charitable source means 'No Strings Atached'. Just because you gave the most doesn't mean you get the biggest say in how it is spent or who gets to spend it. Your Country gave the most, be proud of that, but don't expect anything in return, that's how charity works.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 06:21 am
@Silverchild79,
So when are you going to step up to the plate. You must be one of the ones that just talks about charity?
Numpty

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 06:28 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57447 wrote:
So when are you going to step up to the plate. You must be one of the ones that just talks about charity?

So how is this attack on me conected with my explanation of how charity works.

I just played in charity football match on saturday to raise money for Cancer research.

Like I said, it's not a competition in which someone wins because they gave the most. I do what I can, and give when I can, I am sure I could do more, we all could.

But that really isn't the point you are trying to make is it?
DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 06:49 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;57449 wrote:
So how is this attack on me conected with my explanation of how charity works.

I just played in charity football match on saturday to raise money for Cancer research.

Like I said, it's not a competition in which someone wins because they gave the most. I do what I can, and give when I can, I am sure I could do more, we all could.

But that really isn't the point you are trying to make is it?
Like silver said, if you want a fair say, first have a fair stake. Otherwise your waistin your breath. It ain't an attack, it's life, get used to it.
Quote:
You wanna prise. So making it fun for you is the only way to get you involved? Boy your real charitable.
Numpty

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 06:58 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57451 wrote:
Like silver said, if you want a fair say, first have a fair stake. Otherwise your waistin your breath. It ain't an attack, it's life, get used to it. You wanna prise. So making it fun for you is the only way to get you involved? Boy your real charitable.

Unfortunately you are unable to comprehend what it is i am trying to explain. It is alien to you that you give with out receiving anything in return. Fortunately there are people in your country who are able to do just that, you appear to be one who can't, how charitable have you been in the last week?

Again you fail to understand the concept of charity, look it up in the dictionary, there are several meanings, which at no point do they say that when you give you get something in return.

If I can have fun while helping people then it's win win,....DUHHHHH!
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 04:30 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57451 wrote:
Like silver said, if you want a fair say, first have a fair stake. Otherwise your waistin your breath. It ain't an attack, it's life, get used to it. You wanna prise. So making it fun for you is the only way to get you involved? Boy your real charitable.

and you have done what, exactly?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:19 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;57452 wrote:
Unfortunately you are unable to comprehend what it is i am trying to explain. It is alien to you that you give with out receiving anything in return. Fortunately there are people in your country who are able to do just that, you appear to be one who can't, how charitable have you been in the last week?

Again you fail to understand the concept of charity, look it up in the dictionary, there are several meanings, which at no point do they say that when you give you get something in return.

If I can have fun while helping people then it's win win,....DUHHHHH!

I understand entirely, i still think your full of shiet.
Quote:
It is alien to you that you give with out receiving anything in return.
We are the givers, you are the talkers. And? Put up or shut up. hence no moneys comes forth.
Quote:
Fortunately there are people in your country who are able to do just that, you appear to be one who can't, how charitable have you been in the last week?
How much did you give above and beyond big boy?
Quote:
So tell me, when you give from the heart, what do you get in return? Nothing? I doubt it. That's probably what you get out of it, kinda like playing football for fun, and also charity? You expected fun in return for your vested interest in there charity. That's the only reason you showed up. prove otherwise?
Quote:
If I can have fun while helping people then it's win win,....DUHHHHH
in which case your not doin it for them are you. If you do not have fun, your probably not there.
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:21 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57459 wrote:
and you have done what, exactly?

None of your bussiness. Post up your attributes and i will reply likewise.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:50 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57499 wrote:

Do as i say and not as i do? :dunno:
Numpty

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 08:33 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57498 wrote:
I understand entirely, i still think your full of shiet

You're entitled to your opinion, though you have no evidence to back it up.

Quote:
We are the givers, you are the talkers. And? Put up or shut up. hence no moneys comes forth.

You call me on what you interpret to be my failings on what i give to charitable causes, yet you are unable/ willing to offer up any of your own. I am not here to see who has the biggest dick when it comes to giving charity, that's just wrong.
Quote:
How much did you give above and beyond big boy?So tell me, when you give from the heart, what do you get in return? Nothing? I doubt it.

Big Boy!!:wtf: OK let me explan this a simply as possible so you can understand. When you give money/ love in the context to which you refer what you EXPECT and what you RECEIVE are two completely seperate issues. When i give money to charity, or love to my family I do not EXPECTanything, however the by-product of my acticons are what I RECEIVE. Do you understand the two subtle differences yet?

Quote:
That's probably what you get out of it, kinda like playing football for fun, and also charity? You expected fun in return for your vested interest in there charity. That's the only reason you showed up. prove otherwise?in which case your not doin it for them are you. If you do not have fun, your probably not there.

Not sure what the issue is here, is it somehow wrong to have fun whilst helping people? is it not more important that people are being helped, not how the help is being aquired, by that I imply that nothing untoward has happend? Do me the honor of at least answering these two questions instead of questioning my motives with out pining yours to your chest for everyone to see.

But again this is not about anything else but my religous conotations or lack there of isn't it? Be honest, you can't comprehend that someone can give with out needing a god to justify it can you, or you believe that there is some sinister ulterior motive.
Sabz5150

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 03:55 pm
@DiversityDriven,

How can we expect that when you won't even put your faith on the table?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 09:42 pm
@DiversityDriven,

I've donated toys to unfortunate children.
I've volunteered to help 3rd grade elementary children read and do math.
I've donated materials to help bilingual migrant children in the area.

I've mentored foster children (my grand parents had many foster children).
I've donated goods to help a local who has been diagnosed with cancer.

I've donated canned goods to help the impoverished.

and I'm going to run a charity race in a couple weeks called RELAY FOR LIFE.

*But other than that, not much!
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:58 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57505 wrote:
Do as i say and not as i do? :dunno:

Pretty hard to say when you don't know.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:00 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57526 wrote:
Pretty hard to say when you don't know.

enlighten me. :thumbup:
DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:01 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;57513 wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion, though you have no evidence to back it up.

You call me on what you interpret to be my failings on what i give to charitable causes, yet you are unable/ willing to offer up any of your own. I am not here to see who has the biggest dick when it comes to giving charity, that's just wrong.

Big Boy!!:wtf: OK let me explan this a simply as possible so you can understand. When you give money/ love in the context to which you refer what you EXPECT and what you RECEIVE are two completely seperate issues. When i give money to charity, or love to my family I do not EXPECTanything, however the by-product of my acticons are what I RECEIVE. Do you understand the two subtle differences yet?

Not sure what the issue is here, is it somehow wrong to have fun whilst helping people? is it not more important that people are being helped, not how the help is being aquired, by that I imply that nothing untoward has happend? Do me the honor of at least answering these two questions instead of questioning my motives with out pining yours to your chest for everyone to see.

But again this is not about anything else but my religous conotations or lack there of isn't it? Be honest, you can't comprehend that someone can give with out needing a god to justify it can you, or you believe that there is some sinister ulterior motive.

I understand it all, you would like me to tell you what i've done while yourself, you are not willing. I see.
DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:01 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57527 wrote:
enlighten me. :thumbup:
When Numpy does, hows that?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:10 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57529 wrote:
When Numpy does, hows that?

what happened to...

Quote:
Post up your attributes and i will reply likewise.

hmm???