Obama gives up on defending Wright "That's Enough"

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 01:36 pm
for all you Fox Haters out there notice that when Obama finally does the right thing they gave it press

Let's see CNN do the same for Bush

Obama: I Am ‘Outraged’ and ‘Angered’ By Wright’s Comments - America’s Election HQ
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,187 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 01:43 pm
@Silverchild79,
Now, let's see if it will be enough to make the talking heads happy.

Obama finally realized that Wright was draggin' him down. That last barrage was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Time for McCain to put the hammer down on Parsley and Hagge. Put them pastors in line!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 01:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
Did anyone not see this coming a mile away? Obama tries to defend him, Wright decides to be an asshole and have a well-publicized temper tantrum about it, this is just the logical next step.

Hagee is just as bad as this guy, McCain should follow Obama's example before the general elections.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 04:46 am
@Reagaknight,
Did anyone see the Daily Show clips of this guy? The wife and I haven't laughed that hard in ages. OMG he's funny as hell!

That's when you know he's not religious, he's just plain out crazy.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 09:04 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57113 wrote:
Did anyone not see this coming a mile away? Obama tries to defend him, Wright decides to be an *** and have a well-publicized temper tantrum about it, this is just the logical next step.

Hagee is just as bad as this guy, McCain should follow Obama's example before the general elections.

Oh, you mean the Hagee that the (sarcasm)LIBERAL MEDIA is constantly reporting on?(/sarcasm) Sorry, I was too tied up worrying about lapel pins to notice.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 01:41 pm
@Silverchild79,
I would expect nothing else from someone who just posted about the Daily Show. So you think the media is what, conservative generally? Centrist?
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 02:20 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57162 wrote:
I would expect nothing else from someone who just posted about the Daily Show. So you think the media is what, conservative generally? Centrist?

The media is only as conservative as its owners allow it to be. Murdoch, obviously, has little to do with left-of-center media. And wasn't a certain miniseries about a certain actor-president pulled because it (gasp) might not have made him look like a god?

Of course, the only push for this was from... conservatives. Not like that made the surprise-o-meter spike.

One wonders... where exactly is the coverage of Hagee and Parsley? I can dig up some rather neat videos of those two. Gonna be tough to get back in bed with the Catholics after McCain sought his endorsement seeing that Hagee thinks the Catholic Church is the antichrist. (Weren't you the one who liked the idea of increased Catholicism in the US?

Ahh, religious zionists... how entertaining they are!

What about the fact that the man who called Obama "elitist" is walking around with a woman worth several hundred million dollars on his arm... heiress of a brewery and beer distribution plant (they work close with the mule-piss beer names you know).

Odd... a senator with a rich woman on his arm... didn't conservatives use that fact as an attack, oh say four years ago? But that was ketchup... this is beer, right?

How about the simple fact that a man who was tortured for years refused to back a bill banning torture. The man who said that 'there is no doubt... this is a horrible torture method' (actual quote may vary, shooting from the hip)... and was himself tortured... wanted these actions to continue.

Integrity... he's doing it wrong.

So, where is this being reported on the "liberal media", again?
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 02:21 pm
@Silverchild79,
Also, the Daily Show is great entertainment. News I can laugh at.

Beats the hell out of Fox... all they do is comment on one's body language after a session.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:27 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
The media is only as conservative as its owners allow it to be. Murdoch, obviously, has little to do with left-of-center media. And wasn't a certain miniseries about a certain actor-president pulled because it (gasp) might not have made him look like a god?

How about that documentary on Islamic terrorism? ABC, was it, that pulled it? Something along those lines, three letters and liberal. For relating Islamic terrorism to Islam or something like that.

Quote:
One wonders... where exactly is the coverage of Hagee and Parsley? I can dig up some rather neat videos of those two. Gonna be tough to get back in bed with the Catholics after McCain sought his endorsement seeing that Hagee thinks the Catholic Church is the antichrist. (Weren't you the one who liked the idea of increased Catholicism in the US?

Oh yeah, I just spent all day getting ready for the next Inquisition to augment the ranks of US Catholics. McCain was never in bed with the Catholics, most Catholics are Dems.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:28 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57172 wrote:
Also, the Daily Show is great entertainment. News I can laugh at.

Beats the hell out of Fox... all they do is comment on one's body language after a session.

IMO, Jon Stewart is just a bad comedian.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:29 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57184 wrote:
How about that documentary on Islamic terrorism? ABC, was it, that pulled it? Something along those lines, three letters and liberal. For relating Islamic terrorism to Islam or something like that.

Ah. You are referring to 'The Path to 9/11'. The one which, due to it's inaccuracies, caused its director to say "this is not a documentary".

Right. Gotcha.

Unless you're referring to 'Roots of War'.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I just spent all day getting ready for the next Inquisition to augment the ranks of US Catholics. McCain was never in bed with the Catholics, most Catholics are Dems.

Easy to see why they are blue.

So yeah, let 'em on in!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 02:29 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Ah. You are referring to 'The Path to 9/11'. The one which, due to it's inaccuracies, caused its director to say "this is not a documentary".

Right. Gotcha.

Unless you're referring to 'Roots of War'.

No, it's not the Bill Clinton one, which is what I think "The Path to 9/11" is. Maybe the second.
Sabz5150

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 06:48 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;57197 wrote:
No, it's not the Bill Clinton one, which is what I think "The Path to 9/11" is. Maybe the second.

I put RoW in the same category as Jesus Camp.

Actually I would make a double boxed set of the two and call it "Screwed in the End: How They Convinced Us to Fight Their War."
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:08 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
"Screwed in the End: How They Convinced Us to Fight Their War."
Hook, line and sinker. Enjoy the swim.
DiversityDriven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:10 am
@Silverchild79,
For pro-Israel voters, Obama's middle name should be the least of their concerns

Pro-Hamas advisor may be gone, but senator has more radical backers press is ignoring.

JewishWorldReview.com | Recent weeks have seen a considerable amount of coverage focusing on whether Sen. Barack Obama has too many friends with an anti-American bias, notably his longtime pastor, Jeremiah Wright, whom Obama has finally renounced, and William Ayers, a Chicago professor who was a 1960s radical with the Weathermen terrorist group, a friendship Obama dismissed as casual.

But if Wright and Ayers have been thoroughly explored in primary debates and interviews, Obama's other relationships with radicals have been relatively unexplored.

For example, the Los Angeles Times devoted a lengthy front-page story (April 10) by Peter Wallsten headlined, "Allies of Palestinians see a friend in Barack Obama. They consider him receptive despite his clear support of Israel." The story was not picked up by any other American paper. It is rather unusual for a major daily to think a story worthy of front-page coverage and no other paper to share that assessment.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 01:19 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57360 wrote:
Hook, line and sinker. Enjoy the swim.

I'll be pulling you down with me, smiling the entire way.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:25 am
@Silverchild79,
You could barely fit the hook in your mouth, I've never seen a sardine smile, LOL.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 11:17 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57374 wrote:
You could barely fit the hook in your mouth, I've never seen a sardine smile, LOL.

Says the one who figured out he wrote a check his ass couldn't cash. Oh no, are the agents still after me? Did you sic' em on me good? All that talk about how big and bad you are, only to turn around and say "I fear for my life! I'm calling the cops on you!".

Pathetic.
DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:50 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57379 wrote:
Says the one who figured out he wrote a check his ass couldn't cash. Oh no, are the agents still after me? Did you sic' em on me good? All that talk about how big and bad you are, only to turn around and say "I fear for my life! I'm calling the cops on you!".

Pathetic.
Who's the one who didn't put up! I'm still waiting for you to cash that check. Any time. Talk about pathetic. Did i hit a sensative bone, not very sciencetific is the emotion stuff. Tends to keep people for being objective don't you think. You science fundamentalists kill me, LOL.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 08:53 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57473 wrote:
Who's the one who didn't put up! I'm still waiting for you to cash that check. Any time. Talk about pathetic. Did i hit a sensative bone, not very sciencetific is the emotion stuff. Tends to keep people for being objective don't you think. You science fundamentalists kill me, LOL.

I never said I'd do anything, now did I? Show me ANYWHERE where I said I'd drop by. You offered your address, I accepted. Nothing more. If you can show me exactly where I said I would visit you, please do.

You're again trying to inject what you think is the truth to fit your own little chunk of the world. That eliminates your objectivity.

You got snookered. It's that simple.