Obama (finally) speaks on racist preacher

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 07:21 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;55682 wrote:
THE PROLETARIAT.Ever heard of it?:no:

Oh my god... somehow you're mentally stuck in the Cold War 60's...
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 03:47 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55765 wrote:
Being a person that actually existed, there is no "believing in". His existence does not require "belief in him". Again, mixing the faith rum with the reality tonic a bit too much.

As for what he documented, he was pretty much on the mark. Didn't know it all, but the concept is now one of the strongest cornerstones in all of science.

A common theme among the ID/creationists. They feel the need to bring evolution down to their level as a belief.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 06:45 am
@Silverchild79,
Evolutionist put so much faith in one man?
Simple question, for you not so simple answer. Do you believe in Darwin's theory? I know the answer, why will you hesitate to say the truth? Whether you deny it or not belief takes faith, and it appears you two have plenty. I didn't step down to make the comparison, but you may have to step up if your gonna be truthful?
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:01 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55798 wrote:
Simple question, for you not so simple answer. Do you believe in Darwin's theory? I know the answer, why will you hesitate to say the truth? Whether you deny it or not belief takes faith, and it appears you two have plenty. I didn't step down to make the comparison, but you may have to step up if your gonna be truthful?

More creationist spin... again, having to lower the bar so you can get over it.

Do I "believe" in evolution? Yup. No doubts. I can see it, it can be shown to me, I can measure it, understand it, comprehend it, and in many cases I can control it. It is one of the strongest cornerstones of science. Faith is not required.

Where's the evidence for your beliefs? Are you going to step up and be truthful and say you have none? If you DO have some, show us... because there has never been any solid, empirical evidence of the existence of any god, in any form whatsoever.

THAT takes faith.

So, when are you going to step up?
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:16 am
@Silverchild79,
If you believe it takes faith, period. Welcome to the world of the faithful.
Quote:
So, when are you going to step up?
Step up, why? You provided nothing but your opinion?
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:35 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55809 wrote:
If you believe it takes faith, period. Welcome to the world of the faithful.

Fail yet again! Faith is belief without evidence. I have evidence. Lots of it.

Quote:
Step up, why? You provided nothing but your opinion?

And you the same, no?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:52 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55765 wrote:
Being a person that actually existed, there is no "believing in". His existence does not require "belief in him". Again, mixing the faith rum with the reality tonic a bit too much.

As for what he documented, he was pretty much on the mark. Didn't know it all, but the concept is now one of the strongest cornerstones in all of science.

I can't buy it. For example, how would Darwin have explained you and FF? Talk about 'mission impossible'.:rollinglaugh:
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 09:10 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;55820 wrote:
how would Darwin have explained you and FF?

Advanced evolution Smile
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 11:35 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55798 wrote:

Error #1: Belief is not the same thing as faith.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 11:52 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55833 wrote:
Error #1: Belief is not the same thing as faith.

It's funny to watch a creationist try to argue, isn't it?
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 06:33 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55834 wrote:
It's funny to watch a creationist try to argue, isn't it?

It can be sad listening to your relentless nihilism. You're a bit of a downer.:no:
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:43 pm
@Silverchild79,
I swear that Diversity is Drnaline.

Also, who needs empirical evidence?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:59 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55860 wrote:
I swear that Diversity is Drnaline.

Also, who needs empirical evidence?

i think so...

also, educated people need empirical evidence.
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:02 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55869 wrote:
i think so...

also, educated people need empirical evidence.

Not everyone is an empiricist, that includes educated people.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:08 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;55872 wrote:
Not everyone is an empiricist, that includes educated people.

Most i would say.

I'm not sure how you would objectively discern truth from fiction if not for empirical evidence. I think nearly everyone is an empiricist to a degree.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 05:18 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;55852 wrote:
It can be sad listening to your relentless nihilism. You're a bit of a downer.:no:

One cannot go easy on this. It is that exact "worldview" that turned the Middle East from a central hub of the world into the dark ages mess we see today. Religious fundamentalism is destructive to a civilization and it must be dealt with harshly. We must educate the country and let them see these types of people for the harbingers of scientific, technological and cultural stagnation that they are.

Somebody has to do it. Git 'er done :headbang:
DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 06:30 am
@Silverchild79,
So is the extent of your journey the seat your sitting in? Classic way to get er done huh?
DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 06:31 am
@Silverchild79,
Obama's Dimestore 'Mein Kampf'
by Ann Coulter

Obama's Dimestore 'Mein Kampf' - HUMAN EVENTS

If characters from "The Hills" were to emote about race, I imagine it would sound like B. Hussein Obama's autobiography, "Dreams From My Father."

Has anybody read this book? Inasmuch as the book reveals Obama to be a flabbergasting lunatic, I gather the answer is no. Obama is about to be our next president: You might want to take a peek. If only people had read "Mein Kampf" ...

Nearly every page -- save the ones dedicated to cataloguing the mundane details of his life -- is bristling with anger at some imputed racist incident. The last time I heard this much race-baiting invective I was ... in my usual front-row pew, as I am every Sunday morning, at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

Obama tells a story about taking two white friends from the high school basketball team to a "black party." Despite their deep-seated, unconscious hatred of blacks, the friends readily accepted. At the party, they managed not to scream the N-word, but instead "made some small talk, took a couple of the girls out on the dance floor."

But with his racial hair-trigger, Obama sensed the whites were not comfortable because "they kept smiling a lot." And then, in an incident reminiscent of the darkest days of the Jim Crow South ... they asked to leave after spending only about an hour at the party! It was practically an etiquette lynching!
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 06:32 am
@Silverchild79,
Dreams From My Father, Lame Excuses From My Grandfather
by Ann Coulter

Dreams From My Father, Lame Excuses From My Grandfather - HUMAN EVENTS

Since a Chinese graduate student at Columbia University, Minghui Yu, was killed last Friday when black youths violently set upon him, sending him running into traffic to escape, I think B. Hussein Obama ought to start referring to the mind-set of the "typical Asian person."

As of Wednesday, police had no motive for the attack, and witnesses said they heard no demand for money or anything else. The Associated Press reports that the assailant simply said to his friend, "Watch what I do to this guy" before punching Yu.

Meanwhile, let's revisit the story about Obama's grandmother being guilty of thinking like a "typical white person." As recounted in Obama's autobiography, the only evidence that his grandmother feared black men comes from Obama's good-for-nothing, chronically unemployed white grandfather, who accuses Grandma of racism as his third excuse not to get dressed and drive her to work.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 06:46 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55886 wrote:
So is the extent of your journey the seat your sitting in? Classic way to get er done huh?

Far from it. You know nothing of my life.

As for your books -n- links... c'mon, the Coultergeist? Hell, even Pino doesn't like her.
0 Replies