Obama (finally) speaks on racist preacher

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 03:35 pm
Obama’s Pastor’s Sermon: ‘God Damn America’ - America’s Election HQ

About time

he says he never heard him say anything inflammatory until he ran for president.... RIIIIIGHT :wtf:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 12,451 • Replies: 333
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 07:20 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;54572 wrote:

About time

he says he never heard him say anything inflammatory until he ran for president.... RIIIIIGHT :wtf:

Obama is a fraud.:no:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 12:57 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54608 wrote:
Obama is a fraud.:no:

In what way ?
DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:21 am
@Silverchild79,
Probably a political one.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:54 am
@Silverchild79,
he is a fraud on the level that he went to this church for twenty years. He was married there, his children were baptised there, yet he says that in two decades of attendance he's never know of any kind of inflammatory remark? Come on, we buy some pretty stupid things that politicians try and tell us, but we aren't brain dead... yet.

as for everything else I couldn't really say he's a fraud, because he doesn't have enough political experience to even be fraudulent, which makes him slightly more popular then Satan incarnate, sorry, Hillery Clinton

I'm voting for McCain, experience, wisdom, and doesn't sell out even to his own party
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 10:27 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;54651 wrote:
he is a fraud on the level that he went to this church for twenty years. He was married there, his children were baptised there, yet he says that in two decades of attendance he's never know of any kind of inflammatory remark? Come on, we buy some pretty stupid things that politicians try and tell us, but we aren't brain dead... yet.

as for everything else I couldn't really say he's a fraud, because he doesn't have enough political experience to even be fraudulent, which makes him slightly more popular then Satan incarnate, sorry, Hillery Clinton

I'm voting for McCain, experience, wisdom, and doesn't sell out even to his own party

You voting for McCain ! now there is a surprise,i suppose anything is an improvement after Bush :beat:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 10:29 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54645 wrote:
Probably a political one.

Your a fountain of knowledge :beat:
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 02:53 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54654 wrote:
You voting for McCain ! now there is a surprise,i suppose anything is an improvement after Bush :beat:

100 years! 100 years! 100 years!
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 03:54 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54667 wrote:
100 years! 100 years! 100 years!

this is the biggest spin item in presidential politics, I don't even know why liberals think it will work

we've been in Germany for 60 years now, we'll be there 40 years from now. Being in Iraq for 100 years doesn't mean what you want it to mean.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;54669 wrote:
this is the biggest spin item in presidential politics, I don't even know why liberals think it will work

Compared to... I dunno... exploitation of a person's name? As ol Pino put it, seems that everything is fair game. He wants to be president, he's gonna have to run that gauntlet just like all other comers.

"What you say can and will be used against you."
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:40 pm
@Silverchild79,
The Barack Obama Double Standard -- Doug Patton -- GOPUSA

The Barack Obama Double Standard
By Doug Patton

Imagine in 1999, that a videotape had come to light showing the pastor of Texas Gov. George W. Bush's church making vicious, hateful comments about America and cruel, racist statements about Americans of color.

Suppose this preacher had given a lifetime achievement award to former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, and had traveled to Europe with Duke to meet with neo-Nazi terrorists.

Now try to envision that the candidate's family had attended this church for more than twenty years, that George and Laura Bush had been married there, by this pastor, and that the Bush daughters had been baptized by him.

Picture George Bush titling his autobiography after a phrase in one of this minister's sermons, writing that the man was his mentor, and then putting him on the presidential campaign staff as a trusted advisor and confidant.

Say it came to light that for several years George W. Bush had been friends with Eric Rudolph, the notorious Olympic Park bomber and anti-abortion terrorist. Furthermore, let's suppose that Bush had remained friends with Rudolph over the years and still considered him a colleague today.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:23 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54675 wrote:
The Barack Obama Double Standard -- Doug Patton -- GOPUSA

The Barack Obama Double Standard
By Doug Patton

Imagine in 1999, that a videotape had come to light showing the pastor of Texas Gov. George W. Bush's church making vicious, hateful comments about America and cruel, racist statements about Americans of color.

Suppose this preacher had given a lifetime achievement award to former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, and had traveled to Europe with Duke to meet with neo-Nazi terrorists.

Now try to envision that the candidate's family had attended this church for more than twenty years, that George and Laura Bush had been married there, by this pastor, and that the Bush daughters had been baptized by him.

Picture George Bush titling his autobiography after a phrase in one of this minister's sermons, writing that the man was his mentor, and then putting him on the presidential campaign staff as a trusted advisor and confidant.

Say it came to light that for several years George W. Bush had been friends with Eric Rudolph, the notorious Olympic Park bomber and anti-abortion terrorist. Furthermore, let's suppose that Bush had remained friends with Rudolph over the years and still considered him a colleague today.

not even comparable.

Did Obama's pastor give a lifetime achievment award to a black panther? No.

Did his pastor visit with any terrorists? No.

In all fairness Obama's Pastor's ideology isn't any more crazy than some of the other canidates.
DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:29 pm
@Silverchild79,
Really, how are the other candidates pastors?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:49 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54636 wrote:
In what way ?

In every way. He sold himself as a transcendental, 'post-racial' candidate. Bullhump. He's an ardent Black Nationalist. But, of course you love him, Scoob, because he's bad for America. What a hypocrite you turn out to be, once again. Why, Scoob, why do you Scots keep voting WHITE MEN into office? Why not a Black, or a Mid-Easterner, or a woman? Isn't it time for 'change' in Scotland, too? Consider the degree to which you Brits have exploited, oppressed and victimized Africans, Asians and East Indians. My gosh.....at one point you controlled 72% of the Earth's surface, and yet you've never had a colonial subject as PM? What gives?:rocketwhore:
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:53 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54682 wrote:
not even comparable.

Did Obama's pastor give a lifetime achievment award to a black panther? No.

Did his pastor visit with any terrorists? No.

In all fairness Obama's Pastor's ideology isn't any more crazy than some of the other canidates.

I totally oppose Black Nationalism. No true American would even consider embracing it as his primary cause in life, which is what Obama wants us all to do. Nope. Black Nationalism will never become my personal crusade, and I will never support any politician or government official who embraces it. Never. :no:
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 10:47 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54804 wrote:
In every way. He sold himself as a transcendental, 'post-racial' candidate. Bullhump. He's an ardent Black Nationalist. But, of course you love him, Scoob, because he's bad for America. What a hypocrite you turn out to be, once again. Why, Scoob, why do you Scots keep voting WHITE MEN into office? Why not a Black, or a Mid-Easterner, or a woman? Isn't it time for 'change' in Scotland, too? Consider the degree to which you Brits have exploited, oppressed and victimized Africans, Asians and East Indians. My gosh.....at one point you controlled 72% of the Earth's surface, and yet you've never had a colonial subject as PM? What gives?:rocketwhore:

"Consider the degree to which you Brits have exploited,oppressed and victimizes Africans,Asians and East Indians.my gosh .... at one point you controlled 72% of the earths surface,and yet you have never had a colonial subject as PM. What gives"

PIno if you have read previous threads of mine,you would know i hate imperialism,and i have critisized the "British Empire" i would have np problem voting for a person of colour as PM,infact my Political hero,is Nelson Mandela,and if you lookk back at my posts you will find i started a thread on this.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 04:13 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54825 wrote:
"Consider the degree to which you Brits have exploited,oppressed and victimizes Africans,Asians and East Indians.my gosh .... at one point you controlled 72% of the earths surface,and yet you have never had a colonial subject as PM. What gives"

PIno if you have read previous threads of mine,you would know i hate imperialism,and i have critisized the "British Empire" i would have np problem voting for a person of colour as PM,infact my Political hero,is Nelson Mandela,and if you lookk back at my posts you will find i started a thread on this.

I like Mandela, too. I have a poster of him in my classroom.:thumbup:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:05 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54841 wrote:
I like Mandela, too. I have a poster of him in my classroom.:thumbup:

I thought he might be to left-wing for your liking ?
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:18 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
I respect anyone who truly deserves it. That man is a warrior and self-sacrificing leader. :thumbup:
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 05:21 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54655 wrote:
Your a fountain of knowledge :beat:

And your a pretty good source for propoganda.