Science cure homosexuality?

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 12:37 pm
new study finds therapy effective in insects

FOXNews.com - Scientists Make Fruit Flies Gay, Then Straight Again - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

discuss
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,209 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 02:33 pm
@Silverchild79,
Cure homosexuality!??? :wtf:
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 02:36 pm
@Silverchild79,
being gay isn't a disease....
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 05:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
Scientific Studies have in fact shown homosexuality to be a misfiring in the brain... its not a disease but mental handicap (according to these studies)

There was one done recently by Oregon State University... showing this in rams (male sheep)
0 Replies

DurtySanches

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 05:40 pm
@Silverchild79,
I read the same study. IMO you are correct.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 07:04 pm
@Silverchild79,
I could see this turning into a huge debate if it is actually proved that being gay is a mental handicap. I am kinda curious to see what comes of this.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 06:35 pm
@Silverchild79,
it is caused by a lack of development in the sector of the brain that governs attraction. OSU did the study on Rams at the behest of ranchers (OSU is the world's most respected agg science school). The findings were concurrent with a 1992 study on the brains of homosexual male humans.

That isn't opinion it's science
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 06:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
here's the link, Wiki synopsis's the story but there are links to the AP story at the bottom for all you wiki haters

U.S. study of gay sheep may shed light on sexuality - Wikinews, the free news source
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:05 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;48326 wrote:
here's the link, Wiki synopsis's the story but there are links to the AP story at the bottom for all you wiki haters

U.S. study of gay sheep may shed light on sexuality - Wikinews, the free news source

It must be true then :wtf:
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:21 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48388 wrote:
It must be true then :wtf:

The fact there are positive tests saying its a chemical imbalance, tells us there is a better chance of it being true than not.

You cannot throw out scientific fact just because it disagrees with your personal and moral beliefs.
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 01:16 pm
@Silverchild79,
it was a well done robust study, the only people who have ever questioned it's findings are those like Rosie Odonnell who are offended by it

The funny thing is that the people who want to minimize and silence this are often those who offer scientific arguments against the bible and say "you can't deny science". It works both ways and it's humours to see how similar the "other side" acts when it's there turn.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 01:46 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;48389 wrote:
The fact there are positive tests saying its a chemical imbalance, tells us there is a better chance of it being true than not.

You cannot throw out scientific fact just because it disagrees with your personal and moral beliefs.

Just like you get scientists supporting the case for global warming,and then you get the ones against it,you get studies of all sorts for and against virtually everthing these days.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 01:47 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;48395 wrote:
it was a well done robust study, the only people who have ever questioned it's findings are those like Rosie Odonnell who are offended by it

The funny thing is that the people who want to minimize and silence this are often those who offer scientific arguments against the bible and say "you can't deny science". It works both ways and it's humours to see how similar the "other side" acts when it's there turn.

It makes sense that it's either "misfiring" or a chemical difference.

Does this make it a handicap? Not at all. It doesn't alter the essential needs of a modern human. Sure, halts your reproduction, and Darwin will do his thing to that bit of the gene pool; but it isn't a handicap in the normal sense.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 04:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;48199 wrote:
new study finds therapy effective in insects

Gay insects..? Now, sheep, I understand.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 04:59 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;48413 wrote:
Gay insects..? Now, sheep, I understand.

sheep shagging is quite popular in the highlands of scotland,they farmers get lonely up there :eek:
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 07:05 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48428 wrote:
sheep shagging is quite popular in the highlands of scotland,they farmers get lonely up there :eek:

Reminds me of a farmer I knew that enjoyed sheep shagging - he said he would walk them to the water's edge - as soon as they felt the wetness of the water, they would back up into him. No kiddin'

When I asked his wife how they got along, she said "not baaaad"
0 Replies

klyph

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:34 pm
@briansol,
briansol;48215 wrote:
being gay isn't a disease....

I disagree. I think it's a product of degraded morality. Every gay person I know has mental issues. It's less a disease and more a side-effect of mental disease.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:29 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;48398 wrote:
Just like you get scientists supporting the case for global warming,and then you get the ones against it,you get studies of all sorts for and against virtually everthing these days.

I would be interested in seeing a non religious affiliated scientific study showing Homosexuality... Is just who they are.

This comment sounds like it is dripping with sarcasm and disdain, I assure you it is not. I really would like to see that study.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 09:29 am
@klyph,
klyph;48445 wrote:
I disagree. I think it's a product of degraded morality. Every gay person I know has mental issues. It's less a disease and more a side-effect of mental disease.

How many do you know?
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 12:11 pm
@klyph,
klyph;48445 wrote:

That's a brave quote. After reading it again, I have to agree that many, if not most of the homos I know have serious issues generally surrounding their relationships with their parents. I could point out one example on this forum but that would be pointless.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what they do in private, I just do not like is jammed in my face at every media opportunity.