Jenna Bush calls her father on Ellen

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:52 am
YouTube - Jenna Bush on Ellen

The "Bush is Evil" crowd have a tough time explaining how thier views of him square with his manner when caught unprepared on national TV. Semms like a regualr guy and decent father to me. He's probably the bussiest guy on the planet and yet his daughter can phone him at the drop of a hat, not bad. :thumbup:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,002 • Replies: 13
No top replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 12:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Great stuff :wtf: i watched a presenter on fox news,saying it was her favourite moment of the year LOL,she is easily pleased.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 01:08 pm
@Silverchild79,
more like an oppertune moment for Ellen to put him on the spot, you could tell from the voices on the other end they were caught off guard
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 02:08 pm
@Silverchild79,
I liked it, there was nothing political about it, in fact it just made George look like Another game named George.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 02:32 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;47591 wrote:
more like an oppertune moment for Ellen to put him on the spot, you could tell from the voices on the other end they were caught off guard

yeh she really put him on the spot,with some probing questions about iraq and the middle -east,or about the turish-kurdish problems in the north of iraq,she should have asked him what the government in ankara are saying about the situation,then again,there is a good chance he wouldnt know where ankara is.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 06:09 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;47604 wrote:
yeh she really put him on the spot,with some probing questions about iraq and the middle -east,or about the turish-kurdish problems in the north of iraq,she should have asked him what the government in ankara are saying about the situation,then again,there is a good chance he wouldnt know where ankara is.

Or maybe she should have done exactly what she done... and not bomb bard him with the same question everyone else has asked him, and keeping it to the topic at hand.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 06:37 pm
@Silverchild79,
Exactly, its a daughter calling her dad. How big of a douche bag would Ellan look like if she took that as a chance to say "so what do you think about Iran not having a nuclear program"
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:15 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;47604 wrote:

He was sitting at home and his wife handed him the phone "here talk to the Ellen show on live TV"

I'm sure there's no pressure in that lol
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:19 pm
@Silverchild79,
Ohh this made my day!
Freeman15

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 12:01 pm
@missdixy,
You know, that clip took me back to the good ole days when Dubya made sense. He was a badass GOP candidate because he shot from the hip and called a spade a spade.....what happened?

Just the same, I think that's pretty awesome. We forget that our political leaders are people sometimes, and that they have the same family ties and stresses that we do (plus the stress of say, running the largest government structure in the world). Good piece, Ellen gets points for this.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 12:32 pm
@Freeman15,
NIce easy news story,the guys a wanker :thumbdown:
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 04:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
I saw it on the news - it was good television but had the possibility of going sideways very easily. Once Jenna got her dad on the phone and began conversing daughter to father, all political bets were off - Ellen recognized that and backed off.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 12:00 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;47806 wrote:
I saw it on the news - it was good television but had the possibility of going sideways very easily. Once Jenna got her dad on the phone and began conversing daughter to father, all political bets were off - Ellen recognized that and backed off.

i think ellen missed a big opportunity here,i think she should have asked the President,how too spell nuclear.
socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 12:05 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;47943 wrote:
i think ellen missed a big opportunity here,i think she should have asked the President,how too spell nuclear.

That's funny - I went to a fund raiser for our local congressman yesterday and he is now using the word "nuke-you-ler". He also said he used to be a "re-la-tor".
0 Replies