Bush Blasts Congress

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 11:35 am
FOXNews.com - Bush Blasts Democrats for Spending Bill Delays - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

and he's right, the Democratic lead congress has ground political progress to a halt in the name of us vs them politics and now largely acts as Spin machine for the 08 election

Bush's approval rate is twice or sometimes three times that of Congress depending which poll you look at, yet it's Bush that's always called incompetent
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,028 • Replies: 37
No top replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 11:57 am
@Silverchild79,
You really need to get a different news source other than Fox News. It might give you a little more credibility.

Your alleged numbers are WAY off and it is actually BOTH sides that "have ground political progress to a halt."

But then again, when has ANYTHING bush EVER done that could be even remotely considered as "political progress?"
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:06 pm
@Silverchild79,
The only people who have a problem with Fox's credibility are kool aid drinking conspiracy theorist's and Rosie Donnell far left liberals.

Fox News is right leaning, their op-ed is agenda driven, but their news is as good as CNN. Considering their report with the military their in theatre coverage is probably better
92b16vx

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43651 wrote:
The only people who have a problem with Fox's credibility are kool aid drinking conspiracy theorist's and Rosie Donnell far left liberals.

Fox News is right leaning, their op-ed is agenda driven, but their news is as good as CNN. Considering their report with the military their in theatre coverage is probably better

I watched a full night of Faux "news" last night, I can see how the sheeple lap up the emotion filled barage, pretty sad. They, and all other majopr news outlets, use a similar front loading technique that the military does to new recruits. They barage so much information on the screen, and use overzealous emotional commentary.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:14 pm
@Silverchild79,
the AP was credited in the report, I guess their lying to huh?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:18 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43655 wrote:
the AP was credited in the report, I guess their lying to huh?

The report is one thing, how faux presents it is another.

Quote:
FOX News' Bret Baier and Mike Emanuel and The Associated Press contributed to this report
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:18 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43651 wrote:

No wonder your head is so clouded.

Perhaps when you grow up a bit you might consider watching REAL news coverage and NOT the cartoonish coverage Fox represents. :headbang:

Try going to the sources. AP and REUTERS works rather well and is a good place to start. Fox HARDLEY presents REAL news.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:21 pm
@Silverchild79,
Fox is right, this congress has lowered the bar for efficiency and production. It can be measure by the legislation, or lack thereof, being accomplished. They spent all this time working on a SCHIP bill they knew would both be vetoed and not overturned, they've launched over 600 investigations which have yielded nothing, and they've yet to confirm the new AG in fact they've back burnered it
92b16vx

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:22 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;43658 wrote:
Try going to the sources. AP and REUTERS works rather well and is a good place to start. Fox HARDLEY presents REAL news.

Actually, like I siad earlier, a lot of it is real news, the slant fuax puts on their reporting is the problem, it is all very agenda based.

It's kind of funny, I took one of Glenn Becks speechs about islamofascist and if you translate it into arabic, and replace islamofascist with American, it is exactly the same hate speech that faux news is rallying against from the muslim extremist.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:23 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;43658 wrote:
No wonder your head is so clouded.

Perhaps when you grow up a bit you might consider watching REAL news coverage and NOT the cartoonish coverage Fox represents. :headbang:

I'll point you back to the fact the AP was credited in this news item

maybe when you grow up you won't fail at reading... and then maybe you'll stop claiming quotes in your sig you didn't come up with
92b16vx

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:24 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43659 wrote:
Fox is right, this congress has lowered the bar for efficiency and production. It can be measure by the legislation, or lack thereof, being accomplished. They spent all this time working on a SCHIP bill they knew would both be vetoed and not overturned, they've launched over 600 investigations which have yielded nothing, and they've yet to confirm the new AG in fact they've back burnered it

Would you like for a democratic to have been passing numerous legisations this term? Not me, I'd mach rather have the ineffectual deadlocked, not taking more of our rights, imposing more laws on us congress we have. Now, they could have been a lot more effective than they have been in effecting real change, but they are too caught up in partisianship to be real.
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:25 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;43661 wrote:
Actually, like I siad earlier, a lot of it is real news, the slant fuax puts on their reporting is the problem, it is all very agenda based.

It's kind of funny, I took one of Glenn Becks speechs about islamofascist and if you translate it into arabic, and replace islamofascist with American, it is exactly the same hate speech that faux news is rallying against from the muslim extremist.

No doubt. Fox HARDLEY represents a news channel.

Calling Fox news REAL news is like calling pro wrestling a REAL sport. :beat:
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:25 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43662 wrote:
I'll point you back to the fact the AP was credited in this news item

maybe when you grow up you won't fail at reading... and then maybe you'll stop claiming quotes in your sig you didn't come up with

I guess you failed at reading.

Quote:
FOX News' Bret Baier and Mike Emanuel and The Associated Press contributed to this report
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:29 pm
@Silverchild79,
? it says right their they contributed
92b16vx

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43667 wrote:
? it says right their they contributed

Yes it says right there that Fox news writers, and AP contributed. Had it not included the Fox newz correspondents than you would have had something, but since it list two of the writers simply pointing out that APs name is contributed means nothing.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:33 pm
@Silverchild79,
well, they were there when Bush gave the address. I would think that qualifies them
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:34 pm
@Silverchild79,
Proof that Fox is NOT news:

Bill O'Reilly

Rush Limbaugh

Sean Hannity

Ann (horse face) Coulter

Glenn Beck

Do I NEED to continue?
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:37 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;43671 wrote:
Proof that Fox is NOT news:

Bill O'Reilly

Rush Limbaugh

Sean Hannity

Ann (horse face) Coulter

Glenn Beck

Do I NEED to continue?

they don't do news, they do editorial programming, that's like trying to claim airamerica is a news program. They're both agenda driven, you're neglecting everything Fox news does from 10PM-5PM and basing your entire statment on a four hour block of programming
0 Replies

FedUpAmerican

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
You're basing YOUR entire statement that Fox produces news.

THAT, my friend, is a lie.

Anyone thats at least one small step above retard knows that.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:49 pm
@Silverchild79,
any proof? no? kthnkx