Does Ron Paul have enough eperience to lead this nation?

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 02:24 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;43558 wrote:
Yes that's lovely, Paul can speak of what he'll do in a leadership role just as easily as Rudy can speak of what he'll do when confronting fiscal issues. Your position was that Paul lacks EXPERIENCE leading people, I contend that Rudy lacks EXPERIENCE with federal monetary and budgetary policies. His platform doesn't make up for these shortcomings.

umm, NYC has a higher GNP then Australia, Turkey and Argentina...

Economy of New York City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
New York City has an estimated gross city product of $457.3 billion(2006), larger than the GDP of Switzerland ($377 billion). If it were a country, the city's economy would be 17th largest in the world

I'd say that qualifies, but let me guess, now you'll say it isn't even in the top then. And what expericne does Ron Paul have save for voting no a bunch of times?
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 02:35 pm
@Silverchild79,
Infact here's a list of all the countries whith smaller economies then NYC

NYC
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 02:37 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43560 wrote:
umm, NYC has a higher GNP then Australia, Turkey and Argentina...

Economy of New York City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd say that qualifies, but let me guess, now you'll say it isn't even in the top then. And what expericne does Ron Paul have save for voting no a bunch of times?

Are you seriously comparing Turkey's economy to the US economy? Rudy has never handled an economy the size of the United States.

Ron Paul sits on the Financial Services committee, so he hears testimony day in and day out about banking, finances, imports, exports, budgets, etc. He votes "no" a lot because most forms of legislation (like tariffs) HURT Americans, or are unconsitutional.

He also sits on the Foreign Affairs committee, and hears testimony from experts day in and day out concerning matters of diplomacy. What has Rudy done in the realm of diplomacy?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 02:52 pm
@Silverchild79,
haha, face it, you said he had no experience guiding an economy on a national level, I produced 160+ countries will smaller economies then the one he presided over, you've been debunked
Freeman15

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43563 wrote:
haha, face it, you said he had no experience guiding an economy on a national level, I produced 160+ countries will smaller economies then the one he presided over, you've been debunked

No, I said national level. "National level" of the United States equates to a $10trillion GDP. He ran a city economy, albeit a massive city economy. He has no grasp of agricultural, energy, or international trade, all aspects of NATIONAL economics. NYC doesn't have the authority to levy tariffs or set economic policy at all, he simply managed NYC's BUDGET, and it's debatable as to his level of involvement. Paul not only has experience concerning budgets, but also ECONOMIES. Rudy has ZERO national monetary or economic experience, and what little experience he has doesn't come close to being adequate for the $10trillion GDP of this country (and our $9trillion trade deficit). Do you seriously think NYC's economy is in any way comparable to that of the greatest economic power in the history of mankind? NYC doesn't even beat out the UK, and they're in a lot less trouble than we are.

Debunked my ass, he governed a large city, he isn't qualified to run the world's Superpower.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:05 pm
@Silverchild79,
Well Ron Paul has even less experience, his role in the National economy is 1/535th of the Legislative branch

I'd take somebody who's had excellent results reforming the 17th largest world economy anyday over somebody who's been sitting in the back row of class shooting down every idea which comes across the table

all you an talk about is what Ron Paul hasn't done or refused to support

name one thing Paul has accomplised that has impacted our economy on a national level
Freeman15

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:11 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43566 wrote:
Well Ron Paul has even less experience, his role in the National economy is 1/535th of the Legislative branch

I'd take somebody who's had excellent results reforming the 17th largest world economy anyday over somebody who's been sitting in the back row of class shooting down every idea which comes across the table

What did Giuliani do to reform NYC's economy? Exactly, what did GIULIANI do?

Paul votes against protectionist tariffs and subsidies, and encourages free trade. He has written extensively on the necessity of the gold standard, and has had his work published and read by many monetary policy experts. Paul was also in Washington when the balanced budget and surplus were created, and was a serious proponent of such measures.

Fact is, Paul understands economics and business better than Giuliani could ever hope to, and Giuliani lacks the experience necessary to form educated opinions concerning economic policy in such a massive entity.

Tell me, do you believe Vladimir Putin capable of handling the US economy?
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:15 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;43567 wrote:
What did Giuliani do to reform NYC's economy? Exactly, what did GIULIANI do?

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/media/uploads/070511-white-paper-giuliani.pdf

give it up man, I can do this all day long because Paul has no history of economical leadership and Rudy's body of work is excellent

I've provided you with three requested responces now, where's my answer?

what has Paul ever accomplised in regards to the national economy, if he has all this experience tell me about something
Freeman15

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:15 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43566 wrote:

all you an talk about is what Ron Paul hasn't done or refused to support

name one thing Paul has accomplised that has impacted our economy on a national level

He has consistently voted AGAINST tariffs and FOR free trade between nations. These tariffs and WTO membership bills pass anyway because the vast majority of Republicans and Democrats cater to the organized labor and protectionist crowd. Paul has however been a vocal critic of these measures, and if you ask any economics professor you'll see that his positions are factually AND theoretically sound. No legislation, you're right, but in a democracy, we don't like it when ONE MAN effects change, do we?
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:18 pm
@Silverchild79,
umm, he still has more experience, and more support then Ron Paul... regardless of how bitter you are
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:18 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;43569 wrote:
He has consistently voted AGAINST tariffs and FOR free trade between nations. These tariffs and WTO membership bills pass anyway because the vast majority of Republicans and Democrats cater to the organized labor and protectionist crowd. Paul has however been a vocal critic of these measures, and if you ask any economics professor you'll see that his positions are factually AND theoretically sound. No legislation, you're right, but in a democracy, we don't like it when ONE MAN effects change, do we?

so your saying his only experience is saying the word "No" a bunch of times? By that measure any single mother of a 2 year old would do nicely...
Freeman15

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43568 wrote:
http://www.clubforgrowth.org/media/uploads/070511-white-paper-giuliani.pdf

give it up man, I can do this all day long because Paul has no history of economical leadership and Rudy's body of work is excellent

I've provided you with three requested responces now, where's my answer?

what has Paul ever accomplised in regards to the national economy, if he has all this experience tell me about something

The mayor of New York doesn't cut taxes, the City Council does. He just approves the measure as the head of the Council and chief executive. This is the problem with democracy, it doesn't allow people to take credit for things they didn't do.

In your own source it also mentions that Giuliani failed to support STATE tax cuts, and failed to support a measure to cut a $600billion income tax surcharge. Where's the consistency?

Paul has NEVER voted to raise taxes, and has NEVER voted for an unbalanced budget.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:24 pm
@Silverchild79,
it say that while he wasn't perfect he must be largely credited with turning around NYC's economy. He did it once, he'll do it again
Freeman15

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:25 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43571 wrote:
so your saying his only experience is saying the word "No" a bunch of times? By that measure any single mother of a 2 year old would do nicely...

He's got the benefit of sitting in Congress during the good times and the bad, hearing testimony from countless experts in the realms of foreign policy and trade, and actually READING government documents (Constitution, 9/11 Commission Report, etc). Giuliani's economic policy is similar to GW's, cut taxes but maintain spending through poorly planned foreign policy and domestic tomfoolery.

If Giuliani is so awesome, why do New Yorkers prefer Bloomberg?
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:27 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43573 wrote:
it say that while he wasn't perfect he must be largely credited with turning around NYC's economy. He did it once, he'll do it again

He did it once......no, he didn't.

His city council did......

and they did it with an economy less than 5% of the size of the federal GDP.....

and no decisions to make concerning international trade regulations......

and no defense budget........

and no foreign policy decisions to make.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:45 pm
@Silverchild79,
you Ron Pauler's are just like your namesake, all you do is whine and you have a terrible sense of reality...
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:47 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild, you are getting raped here, and you last comment proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:58 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;43578 wrote:
Silverchild, you are getting raped here, and you last comment proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

??

how do you say that, I post statistic after statistic, report after report. You guys respond with "yeah well he sucks, RON PAUL!!!" and I'm on the losing end?

how am I being raped when it's me doing all the work in bed?
92b16vx

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43579 wrote:
??

how do you say that, I post statistic after statistic, report after report. You guys respond with "yeah well he sucks, RON PAUL!!!" and I'm on the losing end?

how am I being raped when it's me doing all the work in bed?

Because Freeman has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ron Paul does have the experiance and knowledge to lead the country in areas that need his utmost attention, and that Rudy the liberal democrat Giuliani does not.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:06 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;43580 wrote:
Because Freeman has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ron Paul does have the experience and knowledge to lead the country in areas that need his utmost attention, and that Rudy the liberal democrat Giuliani does not.

he's presented no proof, he's presented nothing but his opinion

I've shown documentation on how the size of NYC's economy means that Rudy's fiscal experience should be considered, I've shown documentation on how Rudy's policies are independently credited whith NYC's economical success.

Yet he throws a little mud, with no substance, and he wins? Haha, reality has escaped you. The fact is the only maningfull thing Ron Paul has brought up is that the government is failing the people, well Mr Paul you can file that under sh1t I already know...

And Rudy knows the answer, he took on a similar challange in NYC, the world's 17th largest economy. His actions have been independatly credited to him as the saving grace of the economy. Your mudslinging doesn't change that, neither does the lemonade stand Paul ran...

let me brake it down for you

Rudy's Experience

http://photos.somd.com/data/500/nyc_012.jpg

Paul's Experience

http://www.sunrisegrocery.com/images/lemonadeStand.jpg

any questions?