FBI monitoring Al Qeada ties withing NJ

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 09:59 am
and a good thing too, it's actions like this that have prevented a second attack

FOXNews.com - FBI Monitoring Al Qaeda Activity in Northern New Jersey - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,001 • Replies: 11
No top replies

briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 10:07 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:

Cruise declined to describe any case in detail; however, efforts to disrupt Usama bin Laden's network range from deportation to telling the suspects they are being watched.

oh noes! they are gonna watch us blow **** up!!!

please
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 10:09 am
@Silverchild79,
it's the difference between monitoring suspicious activity and and acting once a conclusion can be drawn. This is much better then deporting them straight away with no reason just because they're suspicious, and even more so better then waiting until after they're blown up the local court house to act.
Freeman15

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 10:38 am
@Silverchild79,
Oh, awesome. "We're protecting you from terrorism, but we can't tell you when we've protected you or how." If anybody buys this crap, they deserve this corrupt shell of a government.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 10:48 am
@Silverchild79,
you can't reveal classified info to the public, because the terrorists would get it too and you love you're advantage

you seem to be insinuating that the FBI is fabricating. Do you have any proof?
briansol

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:07 am
@Silverchild79,
do you have any against it?

I mean, I can write about anything, make up some fake FBI names, and unless the DOD finds out and arrests me for false statements, the public would never know the wiser.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:11 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41680 wrote:
you can't reveal classified info to the public, because the terrorists would get it too and you love you're advantage

you seem to be insinuating that the FBI is fabricating. Do you have any proof?

I am expressing doubt as to the depth of their investigations and the significance of the Islamic extremist threat. The FBI won't tell me what they're doing to make me safer, so I am forced to assume that terrorists just aren't trying to attack us right now. The burden of proof is on those who make assertions, not those who doubt them.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:17 am
@Silverchild79,
doubt based on?

your suspicion, based on the idea that your ego was slighted when you were left out of the Intel loop says allot about your lack of understanding concerning security clearance and classified data
Freeman15

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 03:14 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41699 wrote:
doubt based on?

your suspicion, based on the idea that your ego was slighted when you were left out of the Intel loop says allot about your lack of understanding concerning security clearance and classified data

I had a security clearance for two years before being medically released from the NROTC program. I had to apply for one, so I understand classification of data.

My doubt is based on the fact that no evidence has been presented to substantiate their claims. Why should I simply accept what the government tells me? This same government told me that Iraq was an immenient threat to the US, and that Iraqi oil would pay for the war. No, they need PROOF in order for me to believe it, and if revealing the information would jeopardize an investigation, well then they aren't DONE foiling the plot then are they? So really, if they can't give us specifics on a terrorist bust, they don't have a terrorist bust at all. Follow?

I'm not saying the FBI is fabricating, I'm saying political hacks get wind of investigations and the spin machine runs its course. If a man were accused of murder, you'd demand evidence before a conviction, and you'd demand more evidence than, "well we have it, but we can't show you". The same principle applies here.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 04:08 pm
@Silverchild79,
http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/upimg3%5CMultifunctional-tool_45263.jpg
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:35 am
@Silverchild79,
http://www.cagle.com/working/071015/holbert.gif
mlurp

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:53 pm
@Sabz5150,
I'm for them doing the job, but not open monitering evey e-mail and cell phone call. let them build leads which is what they du=i dher eI believe and then moniter. I don't like it when my phone has sounds while I post something I don't like about what a sh** government I believe we have. FREE SPEECH. I earne dit and I am no threat to anyone except with words and thought.
0 Replies