Expect the Price of Bananas to go up

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 02:03 pm
FOXNews.com - Court Orders Chiquita to Pay $25M - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News

umm, who's gonna fine the government for not preventing this, aren't we at war with terror?

Still, what the company did was wrong
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 964 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Freeman15

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:18 pm
@Silverchild79,
They still grow bananas? No way. I've been chopping cucumber into my Cherrios for a year!

Seriously though, they were in a no-win situation, and the ruling won't hurt them very badly. Option A) pay off drug producers to make sure workers are not killed, face possible fines/jail time IF caught. Option B) refuse to pay off drug dons and end up with murdered workers and burned trees.

I mean, they REPORTED IT. This fine is ridiculous, talk about a hindsight being 20/20.
mlurp

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:27 pm
@Freeman15,
In a while everything will cost more. I love Bananas and other fruit. The extra increase in medium pay is going to raise prices as well as gas etc., etc.
And what worries me is Greenspan is starting to speak out. That means it is almost to later for what ever is the glue in the patch that is America.
0 Replies