Official GOP 9-5-07 debate discussion thread

Freeman15

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 03:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35512 wrote:
You see a criminal commit an act of violence. I report it to the cops. They arrest him. He threatens to kill me if i testify. By way of yuor thinking, i'm the bad guy for coming forward? If he kills me it is my fault because i caused it, your whacked?

That's not a valid analogy at all.

9/11 Victims: Innocent Bystanders
Government: Did not kill them
Terrorists: Guilty as Sin

You need to understand WHY they committed an act of terrorism. They did it because our government DOES kill people and install oppressive regimes abroad. It's called MOTIVE, it's the first thing investigators want to know.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 03:29 pm
@Silverchild79,
Why because you don't like it? I understand why the commit what they do, it is because the are unreasonable people. And go to extreme's to get there way. People say we should talk to them, don't you think there a little past talking?
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 03:37 pm
@Freeman15,
They're unreasonable?

What would you do if your country was occupied by foreign soldiers, in violation of your religion and national sovereignty? I know that if China put troops in the Gulf, or toppled our government, I'd lock and load and kill as many Chinese as I could. Look at issues as if they are happening TO you.

I'm an Iraqi citizen. Life sucks under Saddam, they torture us, and sometimes kill us, and we can't speak our minds. America comes in, we don't know why because we have no free press, but we think they're after Saddam, hot damn. My power is out now, and I have no water, this sucks, but it sucks less than Saddam. Isurgents that go to another church killed my friend yesterday, this never happened under Saddam, this is sucking more. My water and power are still off, and now I have a curfew imposed by the Americans. My brother was killed by a stray American bomb yesterday, this really sucks, this is worse than Saddam.

And so on.
0 Replies