Official GOP 9-5-07 debate discussion thread

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 08:32 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;35251 wrote:
the Iranians have said a LOT of BS that they didn't do. I bet if they said they got rid of all tehir weapons, and stopped developing nuclear weapons you wouldn't believe them. Funny, people only believe what fits their agendas.

So was it BS when Iran said they wouldn't enrich uranium? You think it's BS that they will wipe Israel off the map? Your right, it is funny what people will believe to fit there agenda?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 08:36 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35291 wrote:
He believes in the French policy on war. If Paul becomes president, his first order will be to introduce legislation for American flag makers to start producing universal white.

you know thats not true don't you Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 08:44 am
@Silverchild79,
Retreat in defeat.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 08:49 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35287 wrote:
"Honest and Genuine" LOL!!

Prove he's not,Comment Deleted
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 08:55 am
@Silverchild79,
Tell me this, if Ron Paul saw an intruder on top his wife when he got home. You think he would practice a pre-emptive stike on said intruder? Or would he not be hasty and evaluate the situation. Why does he say his foreign policy is different? Real honest ain't he, LOL.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:17 am
@Silverchild79,
Awww couldn't face the truth, and either deleted part of my post, or had someone else do it? You can't prove it, Comment Deleted

Finding someone beating your wife and then defending her is not pre-emptive, it is defense against an occuring aggression. No wonder you can't debate, you lack comprehension of simple things.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:34 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;35322 wrote:
Awww couldn't face the truth, and either deleted part of my post, or had someone else do it? You can't prove it, poor little guy.

Finding someone beating your wife and then defending her is not pre-emptive, it is defense against an occuring aggression. No wonder you can't debate, you lack comprehension of simple things.
FYI I don't mod anymore.
Quote:
or had someone else do it? You can't prove it, poor little guy.
Lets see your proof, or is it just opinion? I read it before it was edited, so.
Quote:
Finding someone beating your wife and then defending her is not pre-emptive,
Sure it is, she is not your property. You do not own her. So wouldn't you jumping in be like us aiding Israel? Shes her own person and i would assume has some resemblence of self deffence? Yet you would still interceed? Your foreign policy is different then your personal politic. You are not the one being attacked. Why intervene on her behalf?
Another thing. If it wasn't your wife would your decision to jump in be different?
92b16vx

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:45 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35324 wrote:
FYI I don't mod anymore. Lets see your proof, or is it just opinion? I read it before it was edited, so.Sure it is, she is not your property. You do not own her. So wouldn't you jumping in be like us aiding Israel? Shes her own person and i would assume has some resemblence of self deffence? Yet you would still interceed? Your foreign policy is different then your personal politic. You are not the one being attacked. Why intervene on her behalf?
Another thing. If it wasn't your wife would your decision to jump in be different?

Weakness oozes from you. You make allegations you can't back up, and try to turn it on other people to defend the allegations you make, and come up with completely non sequitur arguments. Really, Comment deleted
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:51 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;35322 wrote:
Awww couldn't face the truth, and either deleted part of my post, or had someone else do it? You can't prove it, poor little guy.

I did it

adding "poor little guy", "or you're a fool", "this proves you're a retard" etc to the end of your post is not being tolerated. Make your point and STFU. We're even handing out all expence paid 3 day vacations to notconflictingviews.com, we're done ******* around, everybody has been warned, we're done warning
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:55 am
@Silverchild79,
Good job silver.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:05 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35342 wrote:
Good job silver.

that was also directed at you and everybody else here
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:10 am
@Silverchild79,
I figured, i expect corrections or deletions.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 12:22 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;35247 wrote:
who? lol

Ron Paul seems to be getting fair mic time

I can't believe he just answered the senerio question with "I'd back off"

holy **** dude, this guy has a bigger white flag then Kerry

Explain to me how wanting peace is a bad thing?

Iran wasn't a threat to us until we deposed Mossadegh, and even after the Islamic Revolution no serious threat came from Iran. If you're a nation flanked on both sides by American soldiers, and America has publically stated that they want to overthrow your government, you're looking for nuclear weapons too. Why can't we just mind our own business? 9/11 was the DIRECT RESULT of interventionism abroad. Canada is free and western, and yet they haven't been attacked.

Israel- Attacked
US-Attacked
UK-Attacked
Spain-Attacked

Notice that nations involved in nation-building tend to find themselves on the recieving end of violence? Neither I nor Dr. Paul condone violence towards Americans, but you have to understand WHY something happens before you can prevent it.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 02:33 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;35443 wrote:
Explain to me how wanting peace is a bad thing?

Iran wasn't a threat to us until we deposed Mossadegh, and even after the Islamic Revolution no serious threat came from Iran. If you're a nation flanked on both sides by American soldiers, and America has publically stated that they want to overthrow your government, you're looking for nuclear weapons too. Why can't we just mind our own business? 9/11 was the DIRECT RESULT of interventionism abroad. Canada is free and western, and yet they haven't been attacked.

Israel- Attacked
US-Attacked
UK-Attacked
Spain-Attacked

Notice that nations involved in nation-building tend to find themselves on the recieving end of violence? Neither I nor Dr. Paul condone violence towards Americans, but you have to understand WHY something happens before you can prevent it.

Want in one hand and **** in the other, which fills up first?
Quote:
Why can't we just mind our own business?
You tell us, why can't you?
Quote:
9/11 was the DIRECT RESULT of interventionism abroad.
Prove it?
Quote:
Canada is free and western, and yet they haven't been attacked.
Helps to be parked right next to your big brother huh? They don't need to defend themselves, we usually do it for them.
Quote:
Israel- Attacked
US-Attacked
UK-Attacked
Spain-Attacked

Notice that nations involved in nation-building tend to find themselves on the recieving end of violence?
Is there a nation that through there history was not attacked?
Quote:
Neither I nor Dr. Paul condone violence towards Americans, but you have to understand WHY something happens before you can prevent it.
Knowing why is a little too late don't you think? You don't condone it but you think we deserve it huh?
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 02:50 pm
@Drnaline,
Jesus it's like talking to a five year-old.

Osama Bin Laden gave us three reasons for his declaration of jihad against the United States:

1. Bases in Saudi
2. Sanctions on Iraq after Gulf War 1
3. Support of the State of Israel.

He said it, not me. Seems to me that his list of grievances is pretty straight-forward. If we stop meddling overseas, people will not have a reason to attack us (Canada does not suffer international terrorism regularly, if at all, to answer your question). Random acts of violence occur domestically, but terrorism requires planning and dedication not usually spurred by a simple, "we love freedom" rally.

The people who died on 9/11 were innocent victims of a terrorist attack, THEY did not deserve to die. However, America as an entity was and is deserving of counter-hegemonic forces due to its aggressive posture in the region since the 1950's. We need to understand why we were attacked so that we can stop doing that which incites hatred of America abroad. I don't pretend that we can please everybody, because SOME Islamists just generally hate the West (Sayid Kotb for example), but do you seriously think having unnecessary bases in Saudi HELP our case?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 02:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
So you think more Americans deserve to die?
Quote:
but do you seriously think having unnecessary bases in Saudi HELP our case?
Fuckin A.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 03:00 pm
@Drnaline,
I never said Americans deserved to die, in fact, I'm pretty sure I said the EXACT OPPOSITE. Nice try though.

So you think that bases in Saudi Arabia, Muslim holy land, home to 15 of the 9/11 highjackers and OSAMA BIN ******* LADEN, make them hate us less?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 03:06 pm
@Silverchild79,
According to you we are bringing it on ourselve's, we must deserve it then. When in time has islam not hated us? Were Christians remember.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 03:12 pm
@Drnaline,
Our government and our policies are causing terrorists to commit acts of TERRORISM, ie violence against civilians. People just going to work in New York don't deserve to die because of something our government did, but their deaths are on OUR hands for not electing officials who will respect the Constitution and the sovereignty of other nations.

Yeah, Islam hates America all right, in fact, they hate democracy and apple pie too. This must be why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the US, and why thousands of Arabs and Persians immigrate to Western Europe and America every year. Fundamentalist Islam, which is spreading rapidly due in large part to the Zionist and American Imperialist movements espouses hatred and death. Under Saladin, Jerusalem was a religiously free city.....the christians slaughtered all of the muslims in sight when they first took the city.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 03:16 pm
@Silverchild79,
You see a criminal commit an act of violence. I report it to the cops. They arrest him. He threatens to kill me if i testify. By way of yuor thinking, i'm the bad guy for coming forward? If he kills me it is my fault because i caused it, your whacked?