Debate Highlights

briansol

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 12:54 am
@Silverchild79,
as far as i'm concerned, LET iran bomb and blow up iraq. who cares? if they don't like it, they should STAND UP FOR THEMSELEVES instead of counting on us to do it for them.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:54 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;35602 wrote:
Paul is plainly wrong here. 9-11 would have been prevented had we had the current Air Marshall system in place that day. The Air Marshall system works and I've had drinks with a couple of them after long flights. What you do not want are armed guards trained by Delta on flights. Delta doesn't understand security and can't be expected to learn it overnight. Worse then that who pays for all of that? Us, every time we buy an airline ticket.

No the Air Marshall system works, it's just a little too late.

That's exactly what he is saying. Armed marshalls, armed pilots, actual security.

Quote:
And While I'm at it, Paul wants us to leave Iraq. Irans PM has already went on the record saying the moment we leave they will "fill the void", Iran is already the world's leader in state sponsored terrorism, and paul would give them twice the real estate to do it with.

Worse then that, after leaving Iraq to the Ietola (sorry speel check has nothing for me there), he wants to fire off the FBI and the CIA. How is all of this not a recipe for the second 911? Honestly, does he think they'll just leave us be?

Saudi has Iran beat by billions, not too mention 15 of the 19 hijackers from 9/11. And he has, as far as I can remember NEVER said he wants to get rid of the CIA, or FBI, the commentator said that, like he got the original position of RP wrong about airlines and firearms. He wants to get rid of the Department of Homeland Security completely, and trim the fat of the others.

As far as Iran saying BS, they also said they were going to wipe Israel off the map, yea Israel, a country with one of the strongest militaries, 200 nuclear warheads, and the support of the world community HAHAHAHAHHA Riiiiight. Isamashortguy talks out of his ass, Irans people hate him and his regime, he can barely wipe his ass much less a country off the map. Of course, lets prey on that line and sell it to the warmongers devoid of fact, and truth, and actual real life ability, so we can build a case to start ANOTHER pre-emptive war, and expand the empire even further.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 08:55 am
@Silverchild79,
We Go!!!
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:27 am
@Silverchild79,
Paul is plainly wrong here. 9-11 would have been prevented had we had the current Air Marshall system in place that day. The Air Marshall system works and I've had drinks with a couple of them after long flights. What you do not want are armed guards trained by Delta on flights. Delta doesn't understand security and can't be expected to learn it overnight. Worse then that who pays for all of that? Us, every time we buy an airline ticket.

And While I'm at it, Paul wants us to leave Iraq. Irans PM has already went on the record saying the moment we leave they will "fill the void", Iran is already the world's leader in state sponsored terrorism, and paul would give them twice the real estate to do it with.

Worse then that, after leaving Iraq to the Ietola (sorry speel check has nothing for me there), he wants to fire off the FBI and the CIA. How is all of this not a recipe for the second 911? Honestly, does he think they'll just leave us be?

If you remove their reasons for attacking us, they'll stop attacking us, plain and simple. Our presence in Iraq CREATES terrorists, and so the war is self-defeating.

The FBI and CIA FAILED on 9/11. How exactly do they keep us safe? I don't believe the FBI should be done away with, but certainly shrunk. The CIA needs to be gone, they have proven themselves a dangerous weapon in illegal foreign policy.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 10:53 am
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
If you remove their reasons for attacking us, they'll stop attacking us, plain and simple.
And i bet you can get them to sign a contract stating so huh?
Freeman15

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 11:03 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35725 wrote:
And i bet you can get them to sign a contract stating so huh?

Nope, I'm not the president, so I won't make promises I can't keep.

All I know is that countries who ARE NOT supporters of Israel and who DO NOT have bases in the Mid East but who DO hold democratic ideals and DO hold secular views DO NOT suffer Islamic terrorism.
lancesorbenson

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 11:09 am
@Silverchild79,

Where to begin? The Air Marshal Service is in shambles and has been since 9-11. Perfect example of a government bureaucracy that sucks. They cover a tiny percentage of flights. Anyone who pays attention can figure out who they are, since they walk right through security and board the aircraft before everyone else. Not exactly tough to spot. Scores of guys left other law enforcement positions to join FAMS and have since quit and returned to their original agency.

Ron Paul's suggestion seems to make sense to me. We already pay for the federal security through taxes on flights, so there's really no sense in arguing that suddenly we'd have to pay for the private security. Airlines could institute their own security measures similar to El-Al and no longer rely on the inefficient bureaucracy of the federal government.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:04 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;35736 wrote:
Nope, I'm not the president, so I won't make promises I can't keep.

All I know is that countries who ARE NOT supporters of Israel and who DO NOT have bases in the Mid East but who DO hold democratic ideals and DO hold secular views DO NOT suffer Islamic terrorism.

Which countrys would those be?
Freeman15

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 01:14 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;36915 wrote:
Which countrys would those be?

Canada, Russia (Chechnya is a separatist movement), France, and Brazil to name a few.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 08:19 am
@Silverchild79,
Didn't the russians just kill a guy that was released from Gitmo. I believe it was a terror related incident. I guess russia's off the list.
In canada one or two years ago the busted a ring that was trying to commit terrorist acts. These guys were dumb as rocks, an informant was in on it from the beginning? Canada's off the list. France, you recall all those riots? There off the list. Brazil maybe Mark will chime in, He has some really good storys about what's up in his home land?
markx15

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 09:36 am
@Silverchild79,
Actually there was a terrorist cell caught in Brazil attempting to set up an attack during the Pan american games. Since then a special police force was created by the president specially trained in counter-terrorism. I don't know if this was an isolated cell, or if it had any international connections, such information was not revealed.
Freeman15

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 11:52 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;37015 wrote:
Didn't the russians just kill a guy that was released from Gitmo. I believe it was a terror related incident. I guess russia's off the list.
In canada one or two years ago the busted a ring that was trying to commit terrorist acts. These guys were dumb as rocks, an informant was in on it from the beginning? Canada's off the list. France, you recall all those riots? There off the list. Brazil maybe Mark will chime in, He has some really good storys about what's up in his home land?

The riots were not terrorist actiivities and you know it. Those were the result of racial tensions.

But these countries DIDN'T suffer terrorist attacks, because the plots were weak and planned by amateurs with no backing from the major international players. You'll always have sympathizers, I was referencing legitimate plots (ie, NOT Fort Dix) with a realistic chance of success.
markx15

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 09:15 am
@Silverchild79,
Oh absolutly, the plan was thwarted before it left the ground. It seems that they barely even had a plan. Good thing it didn't happen.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:16 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;37043 wrote:
The riots were not terrorist actiivities and you know it. Those were the result of racial tensions.

But these countries DIDN'T suffer terrorist attacks, because the plots were weak and planned by amateurs with no backing from the major international players. You'll always have sympathizers, I was referencing legitimate plots (ie, NOT Fort Dix) with a realistic chance of success.
Quote:
The riots were not terrorist actiivities and you know it.
So the riots were not an attempt to terrorize?
Quote:
But these countries DIDN'T suffer terrorist attacks, because the plots were weak and planned by amateurs with no backing from the major international players.
So when the plans are weak or planned by amatuers you don't call it terrorism? How much mental capacity does it take to strap a bomb to oneself and press a button?
Quote:
You'll always have sympathizers, I was referencing legitimate plots (ie, NOT Fort Dix) with a realistic chance of success
I would say you are one of the sympathizers. In any case if a dumb ass wants to kill people, guess what people are gonna die. terrorism is as terrorism does. While some people sympathise, i do not.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:17 am
@markx15,
markx15;37025 wrote:
Actually there was a terrorist cell caught in Brazil attempting to set up an attack during the Pan american games. Since then a special police force was created by the president specially trained in counter-terrorism. I don't know if this was an isolated cell, or if it had any international connections, such information was not revealed.
So Brazil is off the list, boy Freeman ended up with no example, hmmm?
Freeman15

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:39 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;37754 wrote:
So Brazil is off the list, boy Freeman ended up with no example, hmmm?

Actually, all of my examples still stand, since none of the plots came to fruition, and none of them have links to the terrorists we claim to be fighting.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 09:15 am
@Silverchild79,
None fruition does not negate terrorism. It lies on the intent, not lack of completion.
Freeman15

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 10:18 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;37950 wrote:
None fruition does not negate terrorism. It lies on the intent, not lack of completion.

All of the "plots" were poorly planned, non-financed, and mostly domestic. They have nothing to do with international terrorism.
0 Replies

AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 03:18 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35499 wrote:
Got a buck says Fred beats Ron in the end running?
Why vote for a man that can't make up his mind if he going to run or not...I like Huckabee..for wanting to close the border..
0 Replies

DCZE

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 10:24 pm
@I Understand,
If it's not obvious by now why Ron does that, than you're blind. He usually gets exactly 2-4 seconds to spit out an answer where the "top three" get 5 minutes! Try getting YOUR thoughts together. Hell he probably doesn't even expect to get called on to answer in the first place. He tries to say so much that is SO important in so little time... I'ddddddd studder too!!!
0 Replies