Debate Highlights

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 08:25 am
Ron Paul Vs Common Sense

YouTube - GOP Hopefuls VS Ron Paul and Common Sense- 9/5/07

Ron Paul Summary Video

YouTube - Ron Paul @ Republican Fox Debate 9-5-07

Post Debate Focus Group

YouTube - Focus Group: McCain Wins GOP Debate; Rudy Disappoints!

Gay Marriage at the Debate

YouTube - Gay marriage question at the GOP debate

Where's Freddy?

YouTube - GOP candidates on Fred

McCain: The Surge is Working

YouTube - McCain: The Surge Is Working

McCain things he's ready to lead

YouTube - McCain Is Ready To Lead

Fred's First Ad...

YouTube - Fred Thompson's First TV Campaign Ad!

Rudy: Secure The Border Now

YouTube - Rudy On His Commitment To End Illegal Immigration

Rudy On Iran

YouTube - Rudy on Iranian Nuclear Threat

Ron Paul In Iran: "I'd back off"

YouTube - Paul on Iran
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,919 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:07 am
@Silverchild79,
92 said ronny was well spoken, he studdered twice on the first vid?
92b16vx

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 09:17 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35320 wrote:
92 said ronny was well spoken, he studdered twice on the first vid?

Quote me on that.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:17 am
@Silverchild79,
Ron Paul spammers are at it again. By textin multiple times in a text poll that you can only vote once in.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:21 am
@I Understand,
I Understand;35351 wrote:
Ron Paul spammers are at it again. By textin multiple times in a text poll that you can only vote once in.

No, no, no, haven't you heard? If a poll shows favor to Ron Paul, it is A) rigged, B) spammed, C) "non scientific". If it shows unfavorable towards him, it is a dead on representation of what the people of America are thinking, you really need to get with the program.

:elefant:
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:24 am
@Silverchild79,
It's no secret Ron Paul has an internet army, but I was surprised how much "real" support he has, he probably has more singularly loyal followers then Romney does right now

still, McCain won the debate as per the study group who were only allowed to vote once

and Fox news also hates Guilani
92b16vx

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:36 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;35354 wrote:
It's no secret Ron Paul has an internet army, but I was surprised how much "real" support he has, he probably has more singularly loyal followers then Romney does right now

still, McCain won the debate as per the study group who were only allowed to vote once

and Fox news also hates Guilani

Giuliani was
westernmom

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:06 am
@Silverchild79,
I was glad to see McCain finally step up. I was also impressed with Huckabee and Hunter. Liked their points. But Huckabee was a Baptist minister and they just don't like Mormans...

Sorry guys but Paul just gives me a pain... Sour looking little guy, isn't he? I loved the exchange between him and Huckabee. That's what debates should be! We really don't need a news reporter telling them what to say.

I got so tired of Julee talking about his record as mayor. Really. He couldn't even answer the question about his personal life without going on about his record! Why didn't he just say, I can keep the two separate or something like that.

Romney started out good and then just didn't go anywhere. I think he tries too hard to be "nice." I am voting for him but would like to see him be more forceful. I guess that's why I like Cheney. No bs.

I felt that too much time was spent on the war. I would have liked to have seen more questions about domestic issues. I got tired of having all of them basically give the same answer to several questions. How else are they going to answer? Who cares if Freddy's too stupid to show up! Move on already.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 11:23 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;35359 wrote:
Giuliani was

no he never was because of his personal life and views on abortion

Fox's boy was Romney, and is now Thompson. Six months ago every time they showed poll data it would be Rudy in the lead, they would immediately follow it with a story about something great Romney did recently.
briansol

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 12:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
i'm still looking for a vid of the whole debate because i missed it. i did catch the re-cap with Hannity and Colmbs (however you spell it) at the end. and then i saw the 33% flash, chuckled, and passed out around 5:30am
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 12:15 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;35406 wrote:
no he never was because of his personal life and views on abortion

Fox's boy was Romney, and is now Thompson. Six months ago every time they showed poll data it would be Rudy in the lead, they would immediately follow it with a story about something great Romney did recently.

I tallied the questions during the debate and Rudy recieved 5 questions before any other candidates recieved a fourth (and those were McCain and Romney). Hannity beats the Giuliani drum on his radio show AND on television, and the moderators of this debate asked rounded questions of Giuliani compared to the sandbagging Romney recieved.

Fox News and News Corp as a whole supports Rudy Giuliani. The NY Post and The Weekly Standard, both published by Murdoch, rarely, if ever criticized the former Mayor since 9/11.

Open your eyes, Giuliani has already been picked as the nominee.

Edit: Further, do you think it's coincidence that Giuliani's lead is always reported significantly higher on Fox than by Rasmusen(one of the less disreputable polling institutions)?
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 12:58 pm
@Silverchild79,
but, that didn't happen.

mccain won the in-house vote, and paul won the txt poll.

Giuliani was in 5th place if memory servers
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 01:02 pm
@Silverchild79,
ron paul vs the airline arming

YouTube - Ron Paul smokes Neo-Con's at Fall Fox Debate
briansol

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 01:04 pm
@Silverchild79,
GOP debate highlight clip. 10 min of the highlights

YouTube - New Hampshire GOP FOX News Debate in 10 Minutes
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 02:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
Giuliani sunk his own ship last night. Man that guy came off as the tool that he is. Hopefully McCain and Huckabee will get a bounce. Romney'll probably stay about the same. Thompson coming in is the best thing that could happen for Ron Paul. The neo-con vote will be even further divided.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 02:56 pm
@Silverchild79,
Got a buck says Fred beats Ron in the end running?
briansol

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 02:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
i'll put a buck up against that Very Happy
92b16vx

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 04:31 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;35499 wrote:
Got a buck says Fred beats Ron in the end running?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 06:59 pm
@briansol,
briansol;35502 wrote:
i'll put a buck up against that Very Happy
We have a taker. Pending a winner, if i lose i'll ask for your address and a signed dollar will be sent.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2007 10:58 pm
@briansol,
briansol;35454 wrote:
ron paul vs the airline arming

Paul is plainly wrong here. 9-11 would have been prevented had we had the current Air Marshall system in place that day. The Air Marshall system works and I've had drinks with a couple of them after long flights. What you do not want are armed guards trained by Delta on flights. Delta doesn't understand security and can't be expected to learn it overnight. Worse then that who pays for all of that? Us, every time we buy an airline ticket.

No the Air Marshall system works, it's just a little too late.

And While I'm at it, Paul wants us to leave Iraq. Irans PM has already went on the record saying the moment we leave they will "fill the void", Iran is already the world's leader in state sponsored terrorism, and paul would give them twice the real estate to do it with.

Worse then that, after leaving Iraq to the Ietola (sorry speel check has nothing for me there), he wants to fire off the FBI and the CIA. How is all of this not a recipe for the second 911? Honestly, does he think they'll just leave us be?