US Surge in Iraq working, Liberals still want to cut and run

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 11:30 am
just more proof that the left is more interested in agenda then sticking with something that works. It should be obvious that the Democratic party doesn't want a solution for Iraq, it wants failure for the president regardless of the cost to the country...

FOXNews.com - Positive Surge Results Don't Quell Calls for Iraq Withdrawal - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,205 • Replies: 43
No top replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 11:46 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;32195 wrote:
just more proof that the left is more interested in agenda then sticking with something that works. It should be obvious that the Democratic party doesn't want a solution for Iraq, it wants failure for the president regardless of the cost to the country...

FOXNews.com - Positive Surge Results Don't Quell Calls for Iraq Withdrawal - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

iraq is a complete mess :thumbdown:
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:11 pm
@Silverchild79,
your opinion is groundless, the situation in Iraq has made a damn near 180 in the last 18 months.

The Civil War has had the rug pulled out from under it

Al Sadir is Dead

The clerics have returned to the government

Iraqi security forces quantity and quality continues to go up

The surge is working

The Sunni's are getting on board

your response is exactly the conditioned mind set the Left Wing is aiming for; ignore the facts, plug your ears, and scream "we're failing" until we fail. Terrorists are still attacking? Well no ****, they're terrorists! Nobody said the Oklahoma PD was a failure after OKC was bombed, they said "we need to stop these terrorists" then they dug deep and did it.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:20 pm
@Silverchild79,
Has their government come back from vacation yet?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:42 pm
@Silverchild79,
well the news i watch over here in the UK,must be a hell of a lot different to the stuff you watch !
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 01:35 pm
@Silverchild79,
Maybe quit watching the news and talk to a few US soldiers that have served over there.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 01:43 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;32226 wrote:
Maybe quit watching the news and talk to a few US soldiers that have served over there.

I would take that approach, except I was a US soldier that was there, and some how people that have never left their state think they are better equipped to explain to me how things are over there. The TV and public service announcements give them all the info they need. But I guess whne the decider tells you something, you better lap it up, or you are just aren't a good American.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:05 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32210 wrote:
Has their government come back from vacation yet?
Physically, maybe. Mentally, never.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:07 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32231 wrote:
I would take that approach, except I was a US soldier that was there, and some how people that have never left their state think they are better equipped to explain to me how things are over there. The TV and public service announcements give them all the info they need. But I guess whne the decider tells you something, you better lap it up, or you are just aren't a good American.

Give us some credit, some look a little further into it and still don't see it your way.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:11 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;32226 wrote:

and what will they tell me ? its going swell ! its a complete mess !
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:15 pm
@Silverchild79,
You'll believe what ever you want too. History will have it's own recollection.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:40 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32236 wrote:
Physically, maybe. Mentally, never.

then they're just as good as the congress we have
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:47 pm
@Silverchild79,
yup!!
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:56 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32231 wrote:

Having family members and friends that are in the Guard that have served and are serving over there gives me a little more insight into the situation than just watching the news.

Oh, and I leave my state all of the time. In fact I even leave the country on occasion. But, it was in June, so guess I'm due for another vacation!
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:08 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;32270 wrote:
But, it was in June, so guess I'm due for another vacation!

If you see the Iraqi government at Yellowstone, could you tell them their country is on fire and needs their attention? Thanks.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:10 pm
@Silverchild79,
Lets not and say we did.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:18 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32275 wrote:
Lets not and say we did.

Why, failure in Iraq will be THEIR fault. Even if we left tomorrow, THEY are the ones that will let their country slip over the edge. Short of annilating every Iraqi, populating it ourselves and calling it Texas II, we are not going to be hte deciding factor in whether or not Iraq can manage Iraq.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:20 pm
@Silverchild79,
And who do you think will be responcible for all the death and distruction by world standards? Boy we will just be the world envy for leaving right and see afew million people die?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32285 wrote:
And who do you think will be responcible for all the death and distruction by world standards?

We are all ready fucked in Iraq, and if Iraq doesn't take the reigns it doesn't matter if it's tomorrow or ten years from now, they will fail.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:23 pm
@Silverchild79,
You sound like a lib dem on the ticket. Retreat before it succeeds.