The Iraq War: By The Numbers

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:29 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;26418 wrote:
Oh the Irony! LOL Next thing he'll say is " I did it on purpose!"<--- in a sqeaky voice

No, Bush made him do it for the oil. Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:39 am
@Silverchild79,
LOL, yeah the oil he keeps putting in his cars.
0 Replies

oleo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:45 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;26241 wrote:
The fact is the while every last American life is dearly important to us all, the price we are currently paying to combat terrorist radical Islamic forces in Iraq is negligible by historical standards. In fact, it's not even an average month in WWII (9000+)

The difference is, we didn't invade Poland, let the Germans seep into the
country and then battle them there. Al Qaeda is in Iraq because we left the
gate open for them. Iraq is one of the stupidest miltary campaigns in the
history of the world. We can't outright defeat a group... not a country with
equal military resources and equipment, but street gangs. We should be
doing better... I mean, the CIA trained Al Qaeda in doing this kind of thing to
the USSR, so they're using our own playbook on us and we still can't squash
them. I guess that's the media's fault.

Hussein was NOT a radical Islamist, he was not Al Qaeda, he was a dictator and guilty of genocide. We used to be buddy buddy with him knowing that full well,
and we gave him support, like we did with the last Shah of Iran, who was an
autocrat dictator and guilty of genocide. In fact, the first time the people of
Iran ran him out of the country and set up a DEMOCRACY we (the CIA, of course)
overthrew it because they unfortunately found it necessary to nationalize
the oil industry to finance that democratic government, and we all know it's not their oil, it's British Petroleum's and Atco's.

2.whatever a day, huh. Okay, and hundreds of Iraqi civilians. We're in
control on both fronts?

I think Iraq is an embarrassing display for our military leaders (not the troops),
it shows they can't get 'er done, right.

I think I'm sick of caring. Let the 2.whatever a day make the sacrifice if they
choose. Our military is volunteer, they know where they're going and getting
into. I won't watch cable news anymore about the war so I won't be given
the wrong impression... that we aren't winning easily. I won't listen to reports
that Al Qaeda and the Taliban are getting stronger with every day, because
that obviously can't be true if we're in control on both fronts in Iraq and
Afghanistan. I won't listen to people like you when they say we have to be
concerned about the Taiban and Al Qaeda, for the same reason. We're winning, right?

Everything's fine.
Silverchild79

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:28 am
@Silverchild79,
I don't think anybody is arguing that the insurgency could have been prosecuted better. Frankly fighting armies that don't have countries or care about the civilians in the area is a new process for us.

Regardless of the mistakes we've made that doesn't take away the fact that regardless of the reason Al Qaeda IS in Iraq and must be removed. To think they'll stop trying to attack our country the moment we leave is asinine. Their final agenda isn't a middle east free of US presence, it's a USA under Islamic Law.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:30 am
@oleo,
oleo;26437 wrote:
The difference is, we didn't invade Poland, let the Germans seep into the
country and then battle them there. Al Qaeda is in Iraq because we left the
gate open for them. Iraq is one of the stupidest miltary campaigns in the
history of the world. We can't outright defeat a group... not a country with
equal military resources and equipment, but street gangs. We should be
doing better... I mean, the CIA trained Al Qaeda in doing this kind of thing to
the USSR, so they're using our own playbook on us and we still can't squash
them. I guess that's the media's fault.

Hussein was NOT a radical Islamist, he was not Al Qaeda, he was a dictator and guilty of genocide. We used to be buddy buddy with him knowing that full well,
and we gave him support, like we did with the last Shah of Iran, who was an
autocrat dictator and guilty of genocide. In fact, the first time the people of
Iran ran him out of the country and set up a DEMOCRACY we (the CIA, of course)
overthrew it because they unfortunately found it necessary to nationalize
the oil industry to finance that democratic government, and we all know it's not their oil, it's British Petroleum's and Atco's.

2.whatever a day, huh. Okay, and hundreds of Iraqi civilians. We're in
control on both fronts?

I think Iraq is an embarrassing display for our military leaders (not the troops),
it shows they can't get 'er done, right.

I think I'm sick of caring. Let the 2.whatever a day make the sacrifice if they
choose. Our military is volunteer, they know where they're going and getting
into. I won't watch cable news anymore about the war so I won't be given
the wrong impression... that we aren't winning easily. I won't listen to reports
that Al Qaeda and the Taliban are getting stronger with every day, because
that obviously can't be true if we're in control on both fronts in Iraq and
Afghanistan. I won't listen to people like you when they say we have to be
concerned about the Taiban and Al Qaeda, for the same reason. We're winning, right?

Everything's fine.

Yeah....let's just pack up and run away. LET'S JUST QUIT, NOW, AND FLEE, LIKE COWARDS. To hell with our national pride, world image, and heritage as a noble, brave people. SCREW THAT. I AM AMERICAN AND I AM PROUD OF IT. I WILL KILL MY COUNTRY'S ENEMIES. :rocketwhore:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:31 am
@Silverchild79,
There are many Americans who are impatient about wanting everyone to forget 911. To hell with them. REMEMBER 911. KILL AL QAEDA, THE TALIBAN AND OBL. Drop more bombs.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:33 am
@Silverchild79,
Beyond that, Oleo, you made comment about Iraqi Civilians being killed, who's killing them?

For every one Iraqi civilian who accidentally dies from American gunfire the insurgents bomb a market and kill 30 on purpose. The fact that Iraqi civilians are dying is proof positive we should be there
oleo

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:07 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;26450 wrote:
I don't think anybody is arguing that the insurgency could have been prosecuted better. Frankly fighting armies that don't have countries or care about the civilians in the area is a new process for us.

Regardless of the mistakes we've made that doesn't take away the fact that regardless of the reason Al Qaeda IS in Iraq and must be removed. To think they'll stop trying to attack our country the moment we leave is asinine. Their final agenda isn't a middle east free of US presence, it's a USA under Islamic Law.

Prove that last statement. Show me where they've ever said that...

here's Bin Laden's Declaration of War on The United States.

Online NewsHour: Bin Laden's Fatwa

Where have they claimed they want a U.S. under Islamic law?

Everything I've ever read from them directly says they want Saudi Arabia,
their holy land, and beyond that the traditional lands conquered by muslims extending into
Spain. The rest of us they could care less about, because Allah will send us all
to hell once they've prepared for the coming of the 12th Imam.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:20 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;26454 wrote:
Beyond that, Oleo, you made comment about Iraqi Civilians being killed, who's killing them?

For every one Iraqi civilian who accidentally dies from American gunfire the insurgents bomb a market and kill 30 on purpose. The fact that Iraqi civilians are dying is proof positive we should be there

Indeed....without the US military presence, they'd kill each other in massive numbers, and commit all manner of horrifying atrocities. They've hated each other since the death of Mohammad, in AD 632.:no:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 09:26 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;26570 wrote:
Indeed....without the US military presence, they'd kill each other in massive numbers, and commit all manner of horrifying atrocities. They've hated each other since the death of Mohammad, in AD 632.:no:

lol yeh you and bush really care about the iraqis pino lol
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 03:23 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;26574 wrote:
lol yeh you and bush really care about the iraqis pino lol

Have you been watching the news? Some Aussie journalist did a special about a month ago in which he addressed torture, that which the Iraqis inflict on each other. The sadism would have made Himmler cringe. :mad:
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:02 am
@oleo,
oleo;26468 wrote:
Prove that last statement. Show me where they've ever said that...

The Islamic States of America? - article by Daniel Pipes

WorldNetDaily: Did CAIR founder say Islam to rule America?

Google>You
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:08 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;26604 wrote:
Have you been watching the news? Some Aussie journalist did a special about a month ago in which he addressed torture, that which the Iraqis inflict on each other. The sadism would have made Himmler cringe. :mad:

yes i know that pino,the point im making is,do you and bush really give a **** about the iraqi people ?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:16 am
@Silverchild79,
If we didn't we wouldn't be there. I'd like an answer to the the same question. "do you and bush really give a **** about the iraqi people ?"
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 10:28 am
@Silverchild79,
WW II was not an elective war and when we fought it ...we fought the enemy that had attacked us and the one that threatened our civilization even if only indirectly ...Two in WW II the nation was mobilized, everyone contributed ...there was rationing and a draft and bond drives and scrap metal collections to ensure this......Iraq was one man's dream not backed by the remotest necessity and is being run incompetantly while the enemies that really theaten us prosper and recover in hiding...don't compare the two ...the logic just isn't there....
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:00 am
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;26933 wrote:
WW II was not an elective war and when we fought it ...we fought the enemy that had attacked us and the one that threatened our civilization even if only indirectly....

at this point Iran has committed more hostility to us then Germany did when we declared war on them
92b16vx

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:43 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;26944 wrote:
at this point Iran has committed more hostility to us then Germany did when we declared war on them

And Saudi has supplied more man power than the Japanese did when they bombed Pearl Harbor....pass.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 08:45 am
@rhopper3,
rhopper3;26933 wrote:
WW II was not an elective war and when we fought it ...we fought the enemy that had attacked us and the one that threatened our civilization even if only indirectly ...Two in WW II the nation was mobilized, everyone contributed ...there was rationing and a draft and bond drives and scrap metal collections to ensure this......Iraq was one man's dream not backed by the remotest necessity and is being run incompetantly while the enemies that really theaten us prosper and recover in hiding...don't compare the two ...the logic just isn't there....
What date did the iraq war start for you?
0 Replies