Jerry Falwell is dead

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:01 pm
FOXNews.com - AP: Jerry Falwell Dies After Falling Ill - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

RIP
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,557 • Replies: 21
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:03 pm
@Silverchild79,
Good. Maybe that's a little harsh, but eh. Anyway I see televagelism as a huge form of exploitation, not to mention all the other stuff he and all the Reagan cronies did back in the 80's concerning the music scene.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:26 pm
@Silverchild79,
Well, I wouldn't say 'good' even though I dislike Jerry Falwell. If it was an okay thing to do, I'd have to constantly talk about recently deceased famous people I'm not unhappy to see dead, starting with Kurt Vonnegut for one...
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:28 pm
@Silverchild79,
yeah I don't with death on anybody who doesn't with death on others (sorry Bin Laden I still want you dead)

Jerry Falwell was ridiculously ignorant, but he was still an American and did good for allot of people
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:33 pm
@Silverchild79,
I wouldn't go with ridiculously ignorant, he was pretty intelligent in some areas, he was just really annoying. The last thing I want is more Bible thumping charismatic fundamentalist, evangelical Christians, and he didn't really help out with that, though I wouldn't call him one himself in all respects.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:58 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16062 wrote:
I wouldn't go with ridiculously ignorant, he was pretty intelligent in some areas, he was just really annoying. The last thing I want is more Bible thumping charismatic fundamentalist, evangelical Christians, and he didn't really help out with that, though I wouldn't call him one himself in all respects.

Are you kidding? He was one of the top public biblethumpers during the 80's, all over things I agree with though. He wasn't a stupid man by any means, just way too onesided.

Silver, I don't and didn't wish death on him, I just don't care that he is gone.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 02:02 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16062 wrote:
I wouldn't go with ridiculously ignorant, he was pretty intelligent in some areas.

Hitler (not that I'm saying they're on the same level because they aren't, was also bright in some areas. Falwell said hurricane Katrina was gods wrath on the gays, if that wasn't ignorant I don't know what is...
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:07 pm
@Silverchild79,
He was harsh and fanatical, but I still liked certain aspects of his personality. RIP, Old Boy.
0 Replies

GOP Girl

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:31 pm
@Silverchild79,

I know the Teletubbies are hatin it.....
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 05:30 am
@Silverchild79,
He wasn't really charismatic towards the end of his life.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:06 pm
@Silverchild79,
Another view, not my view, just another view -
A preacher that I know says people come to them for spiritual healing just as they go to a doctor for physical healing. He claims that when they leave him they feel much better than when they came in so he feels entitled to whatever they are willing to give him - including cars, property property and real estate.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:07 pm
@Silverchild79,
I meant, cars, personal property and real estate...
sorry...
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:26 pm
@Silverchild79,
Falwell fought the Good Fight. I respect him for it, even though I didn't agree with everything he advanced. I also sort of envy him. He went out fast, unexpectedly, with his good name intact. It was a good death.
GOP Girl

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:58 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16418 wrote:
Falwell fought the Good Fight. I respect him for it, even though I didn't agree with everything he advanced. I also sort of envy him. He went out fast, unexpectedly, with his good name intact. It was a good death.

This is true, this is true.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
I agree.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:57 am
@Silverchild79,
I didn't like the guy much but he's gone let the dead rest.....
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 11:29 am
@Silverchild79,
Amen, Brother and pass the plate.
0 Replies

ohiosweetheart

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 09:34 pm
@Silverchild79,
RIP Rev Falwell
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 06:01 pm
@Silverchild79,
It has now been a week since Jerry Falwell died. and the world still doesnt care.

In other news, I stepped on a spider. Lets go to Sr. SPider correspondent Lee Frazier... Lee

Thank You Ryan it was a sad day here on the farm Charlotte was mistankenly squished by Farmer bens routine cobweb dusting... Wilbur the pig has been taken into to the funny farm where he is on 23 hour a day suicde watch.

Um Lee did you say 23 hour?

Yes ryan I did it appears the one hour that he is not on watch the guard is taking lunch at that time a rather porkly fellow, and the state is tired of feeding him.

***MY god I am fukking crazy***
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 12:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;16071 wrote:
Hitler (not that I'm saying they're on the same level because they aren't, was also bright in some areas. Falwell said hurricane Katrina was gods wrath on the gays, if that wasn't ignorant I don't know what is...

I agree he was bright in some areas, but when someone makes ignorant comments like that I lose all respect for them.
0 Replies