here's one for aaron - why blacks should vote for ron paul

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 10:12 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;41154 wrote:

We'll see, won't we?
By the way....George Bush is more Hitlerian than Hillary could ever be. Gesundheit.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 10:50 am
@briansol,
I don't understand why "Blacks" would vote for anybody. Not meaning that they shouldn't vote, but seriously who lacks so much individualism that they vote according to what level of melatonin they have in thier skin? It's asinine to the point of neanderthal-ism.

I'm voting for who I vote for, I don't care what white people do, what straight people do, what Irish Americans do. Having pride in any of that is crazy. You can't be proud of something you were born with, it's a misconception. Pride is something you have about something you've accieved.

the whole "I'm proud I'm white/black/gay/arab/a woman" is a joke on any level. Wow, you have a skin tone and a sexual preference? who would have thought?

in related news I think I've had to much coffee

this thread, and ron paul, FTL
92b16vx

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:14 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41157 wrote:
ron paul, FTL

9 out of 10 neocon sockpuppets agree, we'd be better off with more of the same.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:48 pm
@briansol,
it's really to bad for you that I'm a moderate huh? Kinda breaks down your logic. But then again reality has long been a thorn in Ron Paul's side...
92b16vx

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:14 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41169 wrote:
it's really to bad for you that I'm a moderate huh? Kinda breaks down your logic. But then again reality has long been a thorn in Ron Paul's side...

Moderate? lol, maybe moderate democrat. Your boy Julie is so far from a republican it is laughable he is up for GOP nomination.

Pro-choice
Pro-gay
anti-gun
in favor of bigger government

It's funny, Julie only opposes democrats about the war, if he was anti war he would be giving Hitlery a run for her money.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:22 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41157 wrote:
I don't understand why "Blacks" would vote for anybody. Not meaning that they shouldn't vote, but seriously who lacks so much individualism that they vote according to what level of melatonin they have in thier skin? It's asinine to the point of neanderthal-ism.

What a "neanderthal-ish" thing to say, to begin with. You don't understand "why "blacks" would vote for anybody"???? And you're the moderator of this forum? why? Why would you be the moderator of "any" forum saying something so "asinine"? Black people vote according to their conscience, much like anyone else, which, hopefully, is for someone who harbors their 'best interests'....for the most part, historically, that has been Democrats, who, in the past, saw fit to include black issues in the party platform...not like today, where that impetus has been seen or designated "divisive" or "patronizing".
Better than Republicans, who have, for all practical purposes, written off the black vote, as they don't even see fit to address black forums or conventions, yet they wonder why blacks don't vote Republican in increasing numbers...go figure.

I'm voting for who I vote for, I don't care what white people do, what straight people do, what Irish Americans do. Having pride in any of that is crazy. You can't be proud of something you were born with, it's a misconception. Pride is something you have about something you've accieved.

And the word would be "achieved"

Pride? What has pride got to do with voting one's conscience...it's more about 'common sense", than anything else. Who will I vote for that thinks that I am important, and the who thinks the things that I think are important, "are important".....wouldn't be the Republicans...and their "no child left behind BS"...so many more blacks kids got "left behind", behind that bull crap of a policy, it's not even funny....school vouchers! Neither the plan nor the concept can be verbalized coherently so that any mother, black, white or green could understand and take advantage of...that's because the plan favors private "white" enclave schools, and guarantees that they remain"white" and protected, while receiving federal funds, although they are supposed to be non-profit organizations....highway robbery and miscarriages of justice. And who would be the chief stomper: none other than The Decider in Chief, himself
the whole "I'm proud I'm white/black/gay/arab/a woman" is a joke on any level. Wow, you have a skin tone and a sexual preference? who would have thought?
Uh, what has this got to do with anything? I'm thinking put the coffee down and take a valium.
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:26 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41092 wrote:
Are you crazy? Everybody has had it with the Republicans...We're so over Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchinson...it's liable to be a Democratic sweep come Nov 08...mark my words...Republicans are political poison.

If you think there will be any kind of Democratic sweep in Texas, you're out of your mind. Most of Texas is not like inside-the-loop in Houston or my neighborhood here in Austin. The Republican candidate will win Texas' electoral votes. There is no doubt about it. But on the other hand I do think the Democrat will win nationwide. It will be pretty standard. South/Bible Belt will vote Republican, the coasts will vote Democrat and a few mid-West states will be where the election is won or lost. If Giuliani gets the GOP nomination it will be an even bigger landslide, because the Republican base will be less inspired to even bother.

Of course, this is all moot if Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination, in which case every political scientist in country will have to go back to the drawing board.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:29 pm
@briansol,
my point was that people should vote their conscience and not to the "black vote/Latino vote/ women's vote" thing

making a video of "why black people should vote for Ron Paul" is retarded, that's my point. Chris Rock, and my cousin Chris Barber are both black, but I can guarantee you they have different issues in my when choosing who to cote for.

calm down, the post wasn't directed at you, I was just using you as an example of the type of voter who's most targeted by this pitfall

if you claim you're voting your conscious, then I'll claim you're doing the right thing
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:33 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;41091 wrote:
When Ron Paul wins not only the nomination but the general election, I will eat my dog's poo....what will you do if he doesn't?

Be honest. When did you start dwelling on this concept of electability? I've never heard so many people talk about "electability" as they have this campaign season. I know that the odds are against Ron Paul getting the nomination (6 to 1 in Vegas, up from 80 to 1 six months ago), but I'm doing what I can to improve his chances.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:41 pm
@lancesorbenson,
lancesorbenson;41178 wrote:
Be honest. When did you start dwelling on this concept of electability? I've never heard so many people talk about "electability" as they have this campaign season.

where have you been? Perot, Nader, Buchanan all faced this
92b16vx

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:27 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;41181 wrote:
where have you been? Perot, Nader, Buchanan all faced this

nOT NEARLY TO THE EXTENT THAT IT IS GOING ON NOW.

Damn it, forgot capslock.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 08:50 pm
@lancesorbenson,
lancesorbenson;41178 wrote:
Be honest. When did you start dwelling on this concept of electability? I've never heard so many people talk about "electability" as they have this campaign season. I know that the odds are against Ron Paul getting the nomination (6 to 1 in Vegas, up from 80 to 1 six months ago), but I'm doing what I can to improve his chances.

Since Bill Clinton moved center of left, back the day.
0 Replies