• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,236 • Replies: 77
No top replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:57 am
@briansol,
Yea, it really is too bad that facts trump emotional responses. What's really sad is people actually think that that comment is false.

Holy ****, I have more post than Brian on a forum!?!?! o.0
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:27 am
@briansol,
Didn't Ron Paul say something a bit more specific. And why should we worship the 9-11 commission report, it was hardly like the Repubkicans represented most of the party (Sandra Day O'Connor), while the Democrats were left leaning enough.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:59 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16326 wrote:
Didn't Ron Paul say something a bit more specific.

No, he didn't.

Quote:
And why should we worship the 9-11 commission report, it was hardly like the Repubkicans represented most of the party (Sandra Day O'Connor), while the Democrats were left leaning enough.

No one is "worshipping" it, but considering it is a bi-partisan, factual investigation into the first foreign attack on American soil in almost 60 years, and happened to take place in the town the nominee was in charge of, he should make it a point to know it inside out. If not, than he can hardly take a stand on national security.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:17 pm
@briansol,
Well, the report said that bin Laden was angry with the U.S. presence in the Middle East and that was why they said 9-11 was because of U.S. presence in the, but IMO, that doesn't mean it wouldn't have happened without it. bin Laden is a religious fighter and objects to infidels as a whole, being angry, of course, if they are in the Middle East.

And Giuliani was angry that Ron Paul supposedly said something about Iraq, if Ron Paul didn't, why would you attack Giuliani for misunderstanding him?
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:26 pm
@briansol,
Ron Paul said that the attacks were brought on by Americas actions in the middle east, to include the bombings that have been going on in Iraq prior. Guiliani responded, saying that was absurd. Rons rebuttal was a investigation into the very events that led up to it.

In response to your opinion about whether or not they would have happened, has Bin Laden ever attacked Australia? Sweden? Norway? Finland? and on, and on, and on....
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:45 pm
@briansol,
But none of those is quite like the U.S. First of all, the US is the symbol of western civilization, they even say that Israel is the smaller devil and we are the larger, I assume Europe and Australia are somewhere inbetween. Secondly, many of those nations have succumbed in part to Islam already with laws that make criticism of Islam hate speech.

And it seems to me that Rudy was only criticizing including Iraq, then. Why would UBL care about U.S. bombings in Iraq???
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:55 pm
@briansol,
Keep reaching dude.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:09 pm
@briansol,
Rons rebuttal put Guiliani in his place. Theres no getting around that one.
GOP Girl

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:46 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;16343 wrote:
In response to your opinion about whether or not they would have happened, has Bin Laden ever attacked Australia? Sweden? Norway? Finland? and on, and on, and on....

give it time, give it time.
0 Replies

GOP Girl

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:47 pm
@I Understand,
I Understand;16355 wrote:

oh for the love of God..............:banghead:
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 07:05 pm
@I Understand,
I Understand;16355 wrote:

http://www.fmft.net/Kool-AidMan.jpg

There is no way to equate the military maintenance of the no fly zone from 91-01 to the action of 911

and if you could you prove there WAS an ideological connection between Iraq and Bin Laden before 911
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 07:24 pm
@briansol,
Which is the exact thing liberals love to deny all the time even though just about all conservatives also now say there wasn't.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 07:40 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;16400 wrote:
There is no way to equate the military maintenance of the no fly zone from 91-01 to the action of 911

and if you could you prove there WAS an ideological connection between Iraq and Bin Laden before 911

Sure you can. They aren't obligated to respect our no fly zones in thier country, do you think the US would care if another country said that NY was a no fly zone? And how do you think that America would react if That country bombed it for violating a no fly zone that they didn't recognize? People seem to think that because we are America that what we say goes, other countries don't see it that way.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:31 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;16405 wrote:
Sure you can. They aren't obligated to respect our no fly zones in their country

no that's where you're wrong. They singed a document ceasing hostilities provided they observed that and a few other things they never made good on. They were heavily obligated by both their honor and international treaty law
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:54 pm
@briansol,
Well, obviously islamic militants care about treaties.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:24 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;16459 wrote:
Well, obviously islamic militants care about treaties.
Then you wonder why were kickin ther ass?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:34 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;16459 wrote:
Well, obviously Islamic militants care about treaties.

stop spinning, Islamic militants didn't sign it, Saddam did and he was the president of his country and military commander at that time. And last time I checked just because you call yourself an Islamic Extremist doesn't mean your excused from keeping your word.

Are you now blaming America for the dishonesty of the Islamic extreme? Give me a break.

This is exactly why Ron Paul's argument DOES NOT work. To use it then you can't start with US military air policy over Saddam's Iraq, you have to start with the invasion of Kuwait. Once you do that the debate about "who started it" is obvious. None of this would have happened had Iraq not invaded Kuwait. So even if Paul's history is right, his stance on why 911 happened is wrong...
92b16vx

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:23 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;16480 wrote:
stop spinning, Islamic militants didn't sign it, Saddam did and he was the president of his country and military commander at that time. And last time I checked just because you call yourself an Islamic Extremist doesn't mean your excused from keeping your word.

Are you now blaming America for the dishonesty of the Islamic extreme? Give me a break.

This is exactly why Ron Paul's argument DOES NOT work. To use it then you can't start with US military air policy over Saddam's Iraq, you have to start with the invasion of Kuwait. Once you do that the debate about "who started it" is obvious. None of this would have happened had Iraq not invaded Kuwait. So even if Paul's history is right, his stance on why 911 happened is wrong...

Saddam didn't attack us on 9/11, Iraq didn't either, it wasn't a military attack. And yes, America being the world police, and selectively sticking it's nose in others peoples business is what made us a target. And no, you do not have to start in 91, you can move your timeline all the way back to the 50's. We HARDLY have an honest history in the middle east. The first step to becoming a true patriot is to recognize what is wrong, and then work to fix it.
rhopper3

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:55 am
@briansol,
Paul is what conservative used to mean...when I still had some respect for the words conservative and republican
His ideas might not perfect or even applicable to the mess this admin has created in Iraq but it is a breath of fresh air
He may not have a chance at winning the nomination but I hope his message reaches some of the republican and democratic faithful
0 Replies