Did Jesus even exist?

trappedbyparties

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:37 pm
@leftcoast09,
leftcoast09;16032 wrote:
In all this debate about whether or not Jesus existed, we need to remember that it takes the same amount of faith to believe he did as to believe he didn't. Who is to say either side presents a more "valid" argument than the other, both systems of belief require faith-based assumptions at some point.

it doesn't take faith, am i a person? When the last census was taken and i was put on it, was i just faith? No a person is a person. It is the belief system that takes faith, not the people.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:01 pm
@Professor Chaos,
I believe in Jesus. My whole life is based on that belief. On a daily basis, I struggle to conform my life to His. If not for Him, my existence is devoid of meaning.
trappedbyparties

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:27 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16090 wrote:
I believe in Jesus. My whole life is based on that belief. On a daily basis, I struggle to conform my life to His. If not for Him, my existence is devoid of meaning.

The faith is based on the belief that he was God or part of god or the son of God. Whichever. Not that he was a person or not.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:17 am
@Professor Chaos,
I do not think this was a question of did Jesus Exist I think the question was "Did the son of god" exist. Multiple sources have claimed the Existence of a prophet known as Jesus. Christians are the only ones claiming he was more than just a man.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 06:08 pm
@Professor Chaos,
"Not that he was a person or not."

He most certainly was a person. That's what gives Christians their rock-solid sense of certainty -- God became Man, and lived and suffered as Man did and does. Other religions just have concepts of God. We have a living example.
Volunteer

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:02 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16244 wrote:

He most certainly was a person. That's what gives Christians their rock-solid sense of certainty -- God became Man, and lived and suffered as Man did and does. Other religions just have concepts of God. We have a living example.

He is! As His Father said.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:09 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Yipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

trappedbyparties

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:32 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;16244 wrote:

I think you are confused. The faith is that the person(jesus) was the son of god. The faith is not that he was a human being. If you havn't really been fallowing the thread. I said that jesus was a man but wether or not he was the son of God was questionable to sceptics. i have not once said that he was not a person. I don't understand why you are trying to make an argument with someone that defends your argument.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:46 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Jesus lives down the street from me, his last name is Gonzalez and he has a wife and two kids.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:59 am
@Professor Chaos,
TBP, you're a walking, talking argument, period. The title of this thread is, "Did Jesus Even Exist", and I'm simply answering that question: YES, HE EXISTED. Let's not start squabbling over our particular interpretations of Jesus. There are many, which indicates nobody can definitively judge any of them as the 'correct' version.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:56 am
@Professor Chaos,
So we are in agreement. Jesus Did exist. (the argument about whether he is God or not is for a different thread) Excellent WE may have closed out the first thread ever with all parties agreeing.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:54 pm
@Professor Chaos,
OF COURSE He existed.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 04:59 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Everyone has said that now. Way to let the thread die.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:46 pm
@Professor Chaos,
It was dead, someone brought it back to life, way to attract the nuts like Prof. Chaos back.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:53 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;16396 wrote:
It was dead, someone brought it back to life, way to attract the nuts like Prof. Chaos back.

Yea, because who wants people with opposing views on a forum about debate, sheesh the nerve.
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:55 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Read the thread, he's freakin' insane.
trappedbyparties

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 07:12 pm
@Reagaknight,
hahaha Very Happy :banghead:
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:15 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;16398 wrote:
Yea, because who wants people with opposing views on a forum about debate, sheesh the nerve.

oposing views wrong website.... LOL

Nobody was debating this one thats why it was dead.

I will give you a break down

Did Jesus Exist

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

Thats not a debate its an agreement. Where is the conflicting view?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:24 pm
@Professor Chaos,
No thread should croak before its time. Maybe this dang old thang has some life left to it.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:28 pm
@trappedbyparties,
Your right my fault a thread with no heart beat should not die

here we go

JESUS DID NOT EXIST IN ANY FORM MAN OR DEITY
0 Replies