Did Jesus even exist?

Drnaline

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 07:47 am
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10532 wrote:
Every one. Do you really not know that there are other religions? Do you really need me to name them for you? You must realize they are all false. Otherwise, you are not a Christian. How about, for example, Zoroastrianism. Do you deny that Ahura Mazda is the one true god?

Just using your tactics. Name one and back it up? Why do you ask that of others but are unwilling to do the same?
Quote:
You must realize they are all false.

What is your rationalization with this very same comment? Do your realise the same thing?
Quote:
Otherwise, you are not a Christian.

What does it not make you?
Quote:
How about, for example, Zoroastrianism. Do you deny that Ahura Mazda is the one true god?[/[/quote] Name and back it up and then we'll talk!
markx15

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 09:06 am
@Professor Chaos,
Reagaknight I saw that same program, they do not debunk the idea that Padre Pio's stigmatas are true, they do however point out that they were unable to find a video/picture of him not wearing gloves (custom made gloves without the fingers) for the rest of his life. Which of course explains why it would have healed, but not scarless. On another note, his grave is visited by over 7million people every year, of which it is estimated that only little over half is catholic. And Pr. Chaos, the catholic church scrutinizes all applies for sainthood, they only grant it when the proof is truely proven numerous times, and on many occasions. Oh and something else I remember from the show was their experiment on the possiblity of a crusifiction being impossible to happen if the nail went through the hand, a scientist showed that the hands cannot sustain the full weight of the body when put on a cross, he sustains the idea that in the crusifictions(since they were not documented!! and we cannot be sure exactly how it was done) the nails went through the wrist.
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 02:40 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Thank you markx15, for pointing out once again that miracles are required for sainthood. I do remember hearing that it couldn't have been nails through his hands for that reason, but not from that program. I think it makes sense that Padre Pio's stigmata was through his hands. That was the accepted representation at the time, due, of course, to their main sources of pictures of Jesus being medieval paintings, which depicted him that way.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 07:01 am
@Drnaline,
I thought l would check back and see if the Professor has shown just one shred of evidence to back up his extra-ordinary claims of Jesus not existing...since the bible coincides with historical archelogical evidence, those who do not believe, like all conspiracy theorists have the burden of proof upon them...

and l am still waiting to see any evidence at all...
Drnaline

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 07:49 am
@Professor Chaos,
Nope, nothing as of yet. The professor must be grading papers of doom or something. Seems to me that if nothing is ever written of my life, one hundred years from now a person might wonder if i ever existed, there would be no proof except for there lack of proof so the must mean i never existed?
Volunteer

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 10:56 am
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10463 wrote:
There's no evidence to suggest that he did. Not one word was written about him during his alleged lifetime. Christianity is obviously a mish-mash of various religious beliefs, incorporating Mithras, Dionysius, Osirius-Horus, and others into Judaism.

What about the recent uncoverning in the nation of Israel of the 1st century church with the dedication to the God Jesus?
Tulip cv

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 03:50 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos, you are such a nit-whit, you can't even contribute by providing any proof for any of the silly statements you make...so listen up twirp, there is archelogical prove abundantly available in the internet, so educate yourself. On the other hand, why can't YOU supply proof of your ignorant and false claims...show how the proof was incorrect.

Obviously you cannot, and when someone makes a contribution you accuse them of cut and paste...

your turn, prove that their is no God, No Christ, and that the universe was a scientific happening.

hello? Hello? Ooops, scared you away didn't I?Very Happy LOL
Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:43 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;10568 wrote:
It is absolutely proven that Padre Pio had the same sorts of wounds that Jesus had, and they were not self inflicted.

No, it isn't. Repeating it won't make it any more true.

Reagaknight wrote:
The opponents of this accept it, but claim it was some sort of strong subconsious connection or whatever. I really have to say you're pretty much alone in denying it altogether.

Also, I'm sure the largest single religion in the world (no 'Christianity' or 'Islam') would probably get more attention than some sect in Whateveristan if they had such a huge scandal on their hands.

What?
Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:45 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;10579 wrote:

Quote:
Originally stated by Professor Chaos
Every one. Do you really not know that there are other religions? Do you really need me to name them for you? You must realize they are all false. Otherwise, you are not a Christian. How about, for example, Zoroastrianism. Do you deny that Ahura Mazda is the one true god?

Just using your tactics. Name one and back it up? Why do you ask that of others but are unwilling to do the same?

I just did, and you quoted it. Pay attention. It's called Zoroastrianism. Look it up.
Tulip cv

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:46 pm
@Drnaline,
actually their is not one shred of evidence that Jesus did NOT exist..and that the universe was created by anything other than God...thems the facts.:eek:
Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:47 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;10623 wrote:
I thought l would check back and see if the Professor has shown just one shred of evidence to back up his extra-ordinary claims of Jesus not existing...since the bible coincides with historical archelogical evidence, those who do not believe, like all conspiracy theorists have the burden of proof upon them...

and l am still waiting to see any evidence at all...

I didn't claim "Jesus did not exist." I'm not in the habit of claiming negatives. One doesn't prove a negative.

As a Christian, the claim is made by you: "Jesus existed." To which I reply, "Show me proof."

You are incapable of doing such.
Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:48 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;10624 wrote:
Nope, nothing as of yet. The professor must be grading papers of doom or something. Seems to me that if nothing is ever written of my life, one hundred years from now a person might wonder if i ever existed, there would be no proof except for there lack of proof so the must mean i never existed?

To my knowledge, you don't have thousands of followers, and the government isn't trying to have you executed, though your attempts at humor may make them try. There's a bit of a difference.
Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:49 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;10682 wrote:
What about the recent uncoverning in the nation of Israel of the 1st century church with the dedication to the God Jesus?

I don't know what you're talking about, could you be more specific? Cite some sources and describe what you're talking about.
Tulip cv

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:49 pm
@Drnaline,
professor, back at you...and p.s. you might want to wipe the pablum off of your face....
Quote:
You are incapable of doing such.
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:50 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;10706 wrote:
Professor Chaos, you are such a nit-whit, you can't even contribute by providing any proof for any of the silly statements you make...so listen up twirp, there is archelogical prove abundantly available in the internet, so educate yourself. On the other hand, why can't YOU supply proof of your ignorant and false claims...show how the proof was incorrect.

Obviously you cannot, and when someone makes a contribution you accuse them of cut and paste...

your turn, prove that their is no God, No Christ, and that the universe was a scientific happening.

hello? Hello? Ooops, scared you away didn't I?Very Happy LOL

First of all, there's not much use in pointing out the irony ivolved in the fact that you misspelled "nitwit."

Secondly, I am not making a claim, you are. Provide some proof.

Thirdly, you couldn't scare me away if you learned how to spell, got a GED, learned how to read a map, and tried to find me. You're an insignificant moron.
Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:51 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;10754 wrote:
actually their is not one shred of evidence that Jesus did NOT exist..and that the universe was created by anything other than God...thems the facts.:eek:

How's that MENSA application going? Wow. :beat:
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 01:26 pm
@Drnaline,
Ha! What's wrong Chaos, can't back up your nasty words with a decent contribution...nit-whit!!! No proof, that is the facts!!!!Very Happy

p.s. you still have goo on your face....
Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 01:33 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;10761 wrote:
Ha! What's wrong Chaos, can't back up your nasty words with a decent contribution...nit-whit!!! No proof, that is the facts!!!!Very Happy

p.s. you still have goo on your face....

Even though the only thing you seem to be good at is misspelling juvenile insults, I'll try to spell out some simple logic for you one more time:

You've made a claim.
I've stated that I don't believe your claim and request evidence.
You cannot provide it.

See? If you look, I've never stated "Jesus did not exist." All I've stated is that "there is no evidence to suggest that this person Jesus ever existed."

You don't prove negatives, asshat.

Can you prove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist?
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 03:53 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10752 wrote:
No, it isn't. Repeating it won't make it any more true.
What?

Just as your insistence that it isn't true doesn't prove that it's not. Listen, okay, even your hippy, anti-catholic compatriots admit that he had stigmata, they go about in attacking him in other ways.

And I'm saying that a scandal in the Catholic Church is much more likely to be covered in the liberal media than in some obscure sect. Do I have to define that for you?
Professor Chaos

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 03:59 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;10768 wrote:
Just as your insistence that it isn't true doesn't prove that it's not. Listen, okay, even your hippy, anti-catholic compatriots admit that he had stigmata, they go about in attacking him in other ways.

No, they don't. Back it up. Name one secular organization that accepts this as fact, and cite evidence.

Reagaknight wrote:
And I'm saying that a scandal in the Catholic Church is much more likely to be covered in the liberal media than in some obscure sect. Do I have to define that for you?

What you need to do is start expressing your thoughts using the English language properly. This post was a decent start. However, the thoughts remain flawed. The "liberal" (I still laugh when I see this ridiculous term) media would cover a scandal in the Catholic church more than in some "obscure sect" only because it involves one of the nation's largest religions. Of course. They're trying to cover news that matters to the most people. What's your point?
0 Replies