Did Jesus even exist?

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 04:17 pm
@mako cv,
mako;29358 wrote:
LOL - you might be right at that, but then I have never been one to bet the farm on an uncertainty...:patriot:

I suspect being non-religious in one's adolescence is considered 'cool', and is more of a fad than true conviction. Wait until these kids gain a few more years, and start having kids. They'll be back in church, and will raise their children Christian. I'm certain of it.
mako cv

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:35 am
@Pinochet73,
Wouldn't bet the farm on that either...besides which, when an apostate of any religion decides to go back to religion, it is not usually the religion that they were raised in, but rather another religion altogether...as evidenced by the growth of paganism, Buddhism, Islam and even Deism in America and the constant shrinking of Christianity. :patriot:
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:52 pm
@mako cv,
mako;29462 wrote:
Wouldn't bet the farm on that either...besides which, when an apostate of any religion decides to go back to religion, it is not usually the religion that they were raised in, but rather another religion altogether...as evidenced by the growth of paganism, Buddhism, Islam and even Deism in America and the constant shrinking of Christianity. :patriot:

Once Catholic, always Catholic.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:23 am
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
Once Catholic, always Catholic.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 10:49 am
@Professor Chaos,
You've produced a handful of names out of a population larger than a billion folks. Ha.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:10 am
@Pinochet73,
You said once Catholic, always Catholic and, as I pointed out, that is not true.

A recent study by the Barna Group shows that 100,000,000 Americans are "unchurched". Of these unchurched Americans, 25% are Catholic. It is a mere small step from unchurched to unbeliever...your pedophile priests don't help the problem either. This unchurched problem combined with the slow erosion of membership (1% to2.5% a year) is spelling the death knell of Christianity in America. Gee, I wonder what will replace it - Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Scientology, or Deism?:patriot:
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 05:26 pm
@mako cv,
mako;29698 wrote:
You said once Catholic, always Catholic and, as I pointed out, that is not true.

A recent study by the Barna Group shows that 100,000,000 Americans are "unchurched". Of these unchurched Americans, 25% are Catholic. It is a mere small step from unchurched to unbeliever...your pedophile priests don't help the problem either. This unchurched problem combined with the slow erosion of membership (1% to2.5% a year) is spelling the death knell of Christianity in America. Gee, I wonder what will replace it - Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Scientology, or Deism?:patriot:

Following your lead, Star Trek.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 06:40 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10463 wrote:
There's no evidence to suggest that he did. Not one word was written about him during his alleged lifetime. Christianity is obviously a mish-mash of various religious beliefs, incorporating Mithras, Dionysius, Osirius-Horus, and others into Judaism.

Christians have come to realize that every other religion man has ever invented is false. What makes yours so different?

If Jesus was a false God, why now are many Muslims from around the world telling all who will listen that Jesus has appeared to them in dreams, and many of them now are becoming Christians. How does a false God get hard line Muslims to turn from their belief in Allah, and now they become followers of Jesus Christ. HOW DOES A FALSE GOD GET SOMEONE TO DO THAT? These stories are coming in from all over the earth.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 01:09 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
If Jesus was a false God, why now are many Muslims from around the world telling all who will listen that Jesus has appeared to them in dreams, and many of them now are becoming Christians.
Campbell34

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 10:21 pm
@mako cv,
mako;30029 wrote:

Well according to the Hartford Institute for Religious Research which has just released the most extensive study of religion in the USA. 25% of Ex-Moslems report that dreams and visions were decisive in them finding Christ.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 10:42 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Star Trek.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 07:09 am
@Pinochet73,
Campbell34

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 10:14 pm
@mako cv,
mako;30746 wrote:

And if CNN was reporting such news who would they go to? Chances are the same. And if you believe that all the different Christian religions from all over the earth have now got together to fabricate such stories then you would really have to be big on conspiracies. It should be obvious, that Islamics will not be reporting this, and most news outlets will not be embracing such stories either. I have been around Christians all of my life, and to believe so many main line religions are out there now makeing up lies would be ridiculous. There are to many of these people that have reached their positions because of their strong character and honesty. To believe they would risk throwing all of that away on fabricated stories would be laughable.
I don't believe in lieing for God, and I have my own stories which are even more remarkable than these.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:08 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
And if CNN was reporting such news who would they go to?
Quote:
that Islamics will not be reporting this, and most news outlets will not be embracing such stories either
Quote:
There are to many of these people that have reached their positions because of their strong character and honesty. To believe they would risk throwing all of that away on fabricated stories would be laughable.
Quote:
I don't believe in lieing for God,

Good for you, but then there are always exceptions to the rule. :patriot:
0 Replies