Did Jesus even exist?

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 03:59 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10759 wrote:
First of all, there's not much use in pointing out the irony ivolved in the fact that you misspelled "nitwit."

Secondly, I am not making a claim, you are. Provide some proof.

Thirdly, you couldn't scare me away if you learned how to spell, got a GED, learned how to read a map, and tried to find me. You're an insignificant moron.

Now you're attempting to dismantle the arguments of others by criticizing their spelling? You can understand it, can't you? By the way, are you you actually a professor? I wouldn't be surprised.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 08:04 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10753 wrote:
I just did, and you quoted it. Pay attention. It's called Zoroastrianism. Look it up.
No you didn't, you posted a name. Where is your back up? How can i deny it if you haven't presented anything but a name.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 08:13 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10756 wrote:
To my knowledge, you don't have thousands of followers, and the government isn't trying to have you executed, though your attempts at humor may make them try. There's a bit of a difference.
I don't know about thousands but i did stay at a holiday in express. No government vendeta but i'm sure there are some extreme muslims that would love to get ahold of me, does that count? I personally think i'm pretty funny.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 08:27 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10755 wrote:
I didn't claim "Jesus did not exist." I'm not in the habit of claiming negatives. One doesn't prove a negative.

As a Christian, the claim is made by you: "Jesus existed." To which I reply, "Show me proof."

You are incapable of doing such.
You didn't claim you questioned his existence as per the thread title. Us Christians didn't type this question in for you did we?
Quote:
I'm not in the habit of claiming negatives.

You do seem to be in that habit of believing in entities you cannot prove. Which amusingly is what you accuse us off?
Quote:
As a Christian, the claim is made by you: "Jesus existed." To which I reply, "Show me proof."
Please quote what Christian made this claim? And Back it Up!
Tulip cv

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 08:34 pm
@Drnaline,
Quote:
What you need to do is start expressing your thoughts using the English language properly. This post was a decent start. However, the thoughts remain flawed. ...I still laugh when I see this ridiculous term... What's your point?
chaos

In your promotion of chaos, you STILL can't contribute a thing other than immature insults...you might want to get some counselling for your anger issues little man.

Why can you not answer a simple question nit-wit? Answer your own question with proof...

I though you couldn't!!! {and you really should get the goo off of your face.}
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 08:36 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10757 wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about, could you be more specific? Cite some sources and describe what you're talking about.
Some could ask you to do the same.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 08:49 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10762 wrote:
Even though the only thing you seem to be good at is misspelling juvenile insults, I'll try to spell out some simple logic for you one more time:

You've made a claim.
I've stated that I don't believe your claim and request evidence.
You cannot provide it.

See? If you look, I've never stated "Jesus did not exist." All I've stated is that "there is no evidence to suggest that this person Jesus ever existed."

You don't prove negatives, asshat.

Can you prove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist?
Quote:
You've made a claim.

Got proof?
Quote:
I've stated that I don't believe your claim and request evidence.

You still have not proven Tulip made the claim in the first place. If Tulip never made such a claim why is there a need for nonexistant evidence?
Quote:
You cannot provide it.

Neither can you, why does that not surprise me.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 09:51 pm
@Reagaknight,
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, this is too funny.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 10:17 pm
@Professor Chaos,
A big waste of time IMHO .
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 09:07 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;10797 wrote:
No you didn't, you posted a name. Where is your back up? How can i deny it if you haven't presented anything but a name.

I'll tell you this again. ZOROASTRIANISM IS A RELIGION. LOOK IT UP.
Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 09:09 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;10800 wrote:
You didn't claim you questioned his existence as per the thread title. Us Christians didn't type this question in for you did we?

Are you incapable of understanding English? It's a question, not a statement. The thread title is, "Did Jesus even exist?" not "Jesus didn't exist."

drnaline wrote:
You do seem to be in that habit of believing in entities you cannot prove. Which amusingly is what you accuse us off?

What the hell are you talking about?

Drnaline wrote:
Please quote what Christian made this claim? And Back it Up!

Are you really that dense? EVERY Christian makes that claim. It's the basis of your faith!
Drnaline

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 09:51 am
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10823 wrote:
I'll tell you this again. ZOROASTRIANISM IS A RELIGION. LOOK IT UP.
I don't think so. Do you understand the concept of "Name one and back it up?" One would think you do as you have it a requirement in your arguement. But you seem persistent to not, don't you find that flawed? Some would equate that to you saying, "do as i say not what i do" Untill you do as you do i'll not look it up untill you back it up.
markx15

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 09:57 am
@Professor Chaos,
Quote:
You must realize they are all false. Otherwise, you are not a Christian.

Not really, only few branches of cristianity believe in that, generaly they accept the truth and wisdom of other religions, as long as they to have some backing.
Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 09:59 am
@markx15,
markx15;10832 wrote:
Not really, only few branches of cristianity believe in that, generaly they accept the truth and wisdom of other religions, as long as they to have some backing.

This is simply not true. So you're saying that most Christians believe that Jehova/Jesus is the one true god, AND Ahura Madza is the one true god, AND Zeus, Thor, Apollo, et al, were all gods, AND...ad infinitum?
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:00 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;10830 wrote:
I don't think so. Do you understand the concept of "Name one and back it up?" One would think you do as you have it a requirement in your arguement. But you seem persistent to not, don't you find that flawed? Some would equate that to you saying, "do as i say not what i do" Untill you do as you do i'll not look it up untill you back it up.

You're simply an idiot. I asked you the question pages ago, "Do you deny that Mazda is the one true god?" I gave you your example. It's not my fault that you're ignorant of other religions. So keep avoiding the question.
markx15

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:04 am
@Professor Chaos,
Quote:
This is simply not true. So you're saying that most Christians believe that Jehova/Jesus is the one true god, AND Ahura Madza is the one true god, AND Zeus, Thor, Apollo, et al, were all gods, AND...ad infinitum?

You misunderstood, I never said they attested to their veracity, simply that they respect the choice and beliefs of others, they agree to disagree. My God is as true to me as yours is to you.
Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:15 am
@markx15,
markx15;10835 wrote:
You misunderstood, I never said they attested to their veracity, simply that they respect the choice and beliefs of others, they agree to disagree. My God is as true to me as yours is to you.

That's not the point. The point is that in order for you to believe that your religion is true, you must believe that others are false. You cannot call yourself a Christian if you believe that Mazda is the one true god.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:27 am
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10824 wrote:
Are you incapable of understanding English? It's a question, not a statement. The thread title is, "Did Jesus even exist?" not "Jesus didn't exist."

Are you really that dense? EVERY Christian makes that claim. It's the basis of your faith!
I understand english very well.
Quote:
It's a question, not a statement. The thread title is, "Did Jesus even exist?" not "Jesus didn't exist."

I could tell it was a question by the questionmark at the end. This thread question comes from you. Some one who does not believe in a supposed god. Your point of view is coming from "Jesus didn't exist" and you are asking for us to provide you with some evidence. That is why some are responding to you from that view question.
Quote:

Your belief in spirits and how you want one of the things you felt from that supposed spirit to be "your God."
You ask us for proof of Jesus's existence, i asked you for proof of "your God." You said you had none but you were sure it was there because you felt it. Do you understand how hipocritical that sounds?
Quote:
If every Christian makes this claim then it should be very easy for you to proof it? Name one and back it up?
markx15

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:27 am
@Professor Chaos,
No you will not call yourself a cristian if you believe Mazda to be the one true God, but you can if you think him wise and good, a source for inspiration, and maybe a God compared to us. And vice-versa, that goes for every religion and ideaology every created. Is that the point you were trying to make? Do you think it needs to be made? It applies to every aspect of human choice and thought.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:31 am
@Professor Chaos,
You also seem to assume that embracing cristianity is the same as saying that you simply do not follow every other religion. Tolerance and belief are diferent issues.

Quote:
Your belief in spirits and how you want one of the things you felt from that supposed spirit to be "your God."
You ask us for proof of Jesus's existence, i asked you for proof of "your God." You said you had none but you were sure it was there because you felt it. Do you understand how hipocritical that sounds?

Wasn't it mousey who said that?