Staggering statistic re: illegal aliens

Doly

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 11:40 pm
I heard a startling statistic today -- there are an estimated 240,000 illegal alien sex offenders in the U.S. (Another good reason not to pass the "amnesty/guest worker program" Bush proposes.) There are somewhere between 11,000,000 and 20,000,000 illegal aliens in this country.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,107 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:38 am
@Doly,
I would be interested in knowing what percentage of the legal population are sex offenders . 15% seems a high "estimate" .
Could be true , but I'm not sure it is .
Are 15% of us sex offenders ? That would be three out of every twenty !
markx15

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:39 am
@Doly,
I'd check the locks on my house after that.
0 Replies

Doly

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:49 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;9720 wrote:
I would be interested in knowing what percentage of the legal population are sex offenders . 15% seems a high "estimate" .
Could be true , but I'm not sure it is .
Are 15% of us sex offenders ? That would be three out of every twenty !

I really couldn't tell you what percentage of the U.S. population are sex offenders. I will try to look it up when I get a chance.

(Sorry, I think my original percentage calculation may have been incorrect so I edited my posting and removed
it. :p )

I heard the 240,000 estimate on one of the cable news channels and I don't remember which one. I am always switching back and forth between MSNBC, CNN and Fox.
0 Replies

Doly

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:58 am
@Doly,
Here's something I just found on the internet:

There are approximately 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States. This staggering statistic, rarely mentioned by the media, was revealed in a study by Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute in Atlanta, Georgia. "It is clear," she says, "that the U.S. public faces a dangerous threat from sex predators who cross the U.S. borders illegally." What's more, she adds, "Then they gradually commit worse crimes and are continually released back into society or deported. Those who were deported simply returned illegally again."

Something else I found on the internet:

Taken from the National Alert Registry, Neighborhood Predator Report: The latest National Survey confirms there are over 374,270 registered sex offenders in the U.S. (The population of the U.S. as of Dec. 2006 is approx. 301,000,000)
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 01:04 am
@Doly,
Staggering is correct . I was not aware of the number .

"Those who were deported simply returned illegally again" - therin lies a larger problem which we have discussed a lot , and certainly will discuss much more in other threads , I am sure .
0 Replies

Doly

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 03:49 am
@Doly,
Here are my new calculations. (They are probably incorrect, too, but I hope not.):

Using the high end estimate of 20,000,000 illegal aliens, 1.2% are sex offenders.

.12% of the U.S. population are sex offenders.

(saying it in percentages doesn't sound as bad as the actual numbers)
0 Replies

Sherman cv

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 01:05 pm
@Doly,
I thought you had resolved the problem of illegal immigrants when Bush approved the built of a fence between US and Mexico, last year... Or wasn't approved?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 03:54 pm
@Doly,
With the Democrats in power , that fence will never be built .
Doly

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 03:55 pm
@Doly,
I don't think anyone believes that building a seven mile long extensive to the fence is going to solve the problem. They need to add enough additional border guards to handle the flow of illegals across the border and give the guards the right to arm themselves and shoot if necessary.

By the way, does anyone know if the two border guards who got arrested for shooting at an illegal were ever sentenced and sent to prison?
0 Replies

Doly

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 03:56 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;9768 wrote:
With the Democrats in power , that fence will never be built .

I'm afraid you are probably right on that one. We all need to e-mail our "new and improved" (ha, ha) representatives and let me know how we feel regarding this issue.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 03:57 pm
@Doly,
They were convicted , and are serving 11 and 12 years respectively .

A damned shame , just doing their jobs !!
0 Replies

Doly

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 03:59 pm
@Doly,
Yeah, we need to raise hell about that too!
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 12:19 pm
@Doly,
They need to be pardoned.The sooner the better,IMO.
0 Replies

Sherman cv

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 12:48 pm
@Doly,
Imagine, that, just for doing their job!!! :no: You really should fight hard on this one; or at the end of the century America will become another Mexico!!!!

So how we can expect the governament put snipers on the wall if and when it will built? :wtf:
0 Replies

Doly

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 02:43 pm
@Doly,
Snipers - :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies