Why I'm beginning to really dislike the left.

0Megabyte

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:26 pm
@Red cv,
Reagaknight, I was only using prayer as an example.

And, well, regardless of arguements to the contrary by some people, kids should be allowed to pray. But I don't think there should be a specific "prayer time" in class, you know?

Also, moments of silence don't do justice to some religions, such as Islam, which pray in a way that makes a normal moment of silence not really... practical.

So just let kids pray on their own time, when they wish. In class, out of class, whenever. Just not led or instigated by teachers or school faculty during classtime.

Does that seem alright to you, or do you disagree with my personal beliefs on the matter?
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:30 pm
@Red cv,
Fine, so long as you don't pull it out of nowhere to blackmail me in the future.

However this is only because I am unsure if muslims are required to pray on the prayer rug if they pray. I'm not sure they are. If so, how do they get time to pray during the school day anyway?
0 Replies

0Megabyte

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:35 pm
@Red cv,
Good point. I dunno. I've never been to a Middle Eastern school.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:08 am
@Red cv,
"I want to see civilization spread period, aclutural, absolute civilization, not based on any paradym except the maximum amount of happines and self actualzation that can be had for each individual while each individual gives their fellow man what he is due and society what it must have to exist"

I completely support this world view.

As far as the article is concerned: I support what I think to be the simple message using satire. Quoting a (IMO, sarcastic q&a) line from the article: "Is this not double standard? Of course not as it depends on whose standards you are using as a yardstick!"

My interpretation of Yamin Zakaria's (Mumbai, India) article's basic message: America is a country of duality. I fully support this position.

I believe this to be true: America, if defined as a culture in 1776, did not primarily support its ideas as stated in its opening sentence (from We...to...happiness) of its Declaration of Independence. Further, I support the opinion, that the Declaration of Independence is a direct response from a group of citizens against a formalized government not a comment on humankind as a whole. I further hold this to be true, it is through the eyes of this initial hypocrisy, that America as a culture is defined by some in 2007. I support that our educational system offer a class on America's struggle with this duality of pledge and action.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:17 am
@Red cv,
Excuse me. i think I may have contradicted my own point. Let me rephrase:

I support the opinion, that the Declaration of Independence is a direct response from a group of citizens against a formalized government not a comment on humankind as a whole. Based on that opinion, I believe the aforementioned opening statement in the Declaration of Independence did support the signers statement from the 18th century perspective of citizens vs. unjust government. That's my only correction.
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 04:57 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;11491 wrote:
The Left is a mess. Still, I'm neither a leftist, nor a rightist. I go with the issues. I'm also a Western Christian nationalist. So, I guess that makes me a conservative. Dunno. I support some liberal concepts. :headbang:

For cryingout loud...you're no American that's for sure...Western Christian nationalist...go home!!!
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:04 pm
@0Megabyte,
"For cryingout loud..."

At least you're no longer WHINING.

"....you're no American that's for sure..."

Coming from you, that's a compliment. Thanks.

"Western Christian nationalist..."

Whose kind was once the majority in this country.

"....go home!!!"

This is my home. Yours is the gulag archipelago, of Siberia, to which we will deport you within one day of our taking charge. Buy a warm jacket. You're going to need it. :headbang:

There is good news, however -- you will be able to pray to your gods, Lenin, Marx and Stalin, all you want, openly, with unfettered enthusiasm. Get on it.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:07 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;14281 wrote:
"For cryingout loud..."

At least you're no longer WHINING.

"....you're no American that's for sure..."

Coming from you, that's a compliment. Thanks.

"Western Christian nationalist..."

Whose kind was once the majority in this country.

"....go home!!!"

This is my home. Yours is the gulag archipelago, of Siberia, to which we will deport you within one day of our taking charge. Buy a warm jacket. You're going to need it. :headbang:

There is good news, however -- you will be able to pray to your gods, Lenin, Marx and Stalin, all you want, openly, with unfettered enthusiasm. Get on it.

vvvvvvvv
0 Replies

0Megabyte

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:02 am
@Red cv,
"Whose kind was once the majority in this country."

You mean the kind who want to make a tyrannical nation ruled by Biblical law?

Oh, wait, it seems you're one of those. Why else would you state that you're going to send people to prison camps for disagreeing with you politically and/or religiously?

Those are the sorts of actions China, Soviet Russia and Iran prefer.

Do you really want to take our nation down to their level?

Do you really care nothing for the freedoms that, you know, define America, that America was born from, and which, if you eliminate, proves the American experiment a failure?
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 03:24 am
@Red cv,
Red;11460 wrote:
I was a member of this forum for a year, it's a left leaning site (if it got any lefter they'd be walking sideways or sidling like a crab) and I got banned for insulting one of the left/left religious zealots. Okay I really let her and her fans have it with a no hold barred attitude. Here's an example of the left and some of it's followers opinions on the US, if you are the sensitive type don't click okay. The thread's title is Nuke the US or some such nonsense.

7 Reasons To Nuke The US

Since this was the original post. Not sure who you consider the left. I would assume the Democratic party, but I try not to assume regarding people.

How is this an example from the left? How do you see the article?
chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 05:08 am
@0Megabyte,
0Megabyte;14083 wrote:
Unfortunately, Pinochet, I don't live to ressurect Christendom.

Because power only corrupst religion, as it did the Catholic Church, my church.

Sorry, but Christians need to focus on God, and their faith, and doing what is right, not ruling over empires, and certainly not forcing others to change their beliefs by swordpoint (as in, you know, the Spanish Inquisition. And the Crusades.)

Ruling the world shouldn't be our goal. For the world shouldn't be our focus, period!

Of course, as a human living in the United States, and as an imperfect Christian, I do get involved in politics, and feel this: when it comes to worldly matters, the Consitution, and the philosophy of freedom, particularly of religion, has it right, and to try to turn it into a nation run by a religion (as I assume Christendom would be, a nation ran by Christian beliefs, ruled by specifically Bible based, Christian law?) is against the spirit of this nation, which I quite like, actually.

I completely agree.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 07:01 pm
@Red cv,
Megabyte,

While your liberal speech was most emotive, it doesn't square with the ugly reality of geo-politics. If the Christian West dies, so will your entire way of life, maybe even you yourself, your family, too, and every means by which you acquired your lofty, platitudinous ideals.

BRAVO, FOR THE INNOCENT ONE! BRAVO! RARELY HAVE I SEEN SUCH ASTOUNDING INNOCENCE!
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 04:56 pm
@chuckc cv,
chuckc;14438 wrote:
Since this was the original post. Not sure who you consider the left. I would assume the Democratic party, but I try not to assume regarding people.

How is this an example from the left? How do you see the article?

I consider the left to be the never ending whining pontificating peaceniks, the spineless politically correct individuals who would sell out their country lest we offend a small majority of "immigrants". If the left in Canada had their way I'd be sporting a burka, living under Sharia law and praying five times a day with my ass in the air lest we offend 100,000 thousand new comers. I don't know who the left is in the US, I do know that some on the left/left in Canada think Bush is responsible for September 11, and every other evil that has befallen the globe. The left in Canada are the Liberals, the left/left are the NDP this is the party where the freaks, geeks and the retarded join. I'm no fan of Bush but I can't imagine Billy having the guts to go after the terrorist organizations that attacked the US on September 11.

I hope I answer your question?
Reagaknight

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 07:22 pm
@Red cv,
Red;14778 wrote:
I consider the left to be the never ending whining pontificating peaceniks, the spineless politically correct individuals who would sell out their country lest we offend a small majority of "immigrants". If the left in Canada had their way I'd be sporting a burka, living under Sharia law and praying five times a day with my ass in the air lest we offend 100,000 thousand new comers. I don't know who the left is in the US, I do know that some on the left/left in Canada think Bush is responsible for September 11, and every other evil that has befallen the globe. The left in Canada are the Liberals, the left/left are the NDP this is the party where the freaks, geeks and the retarded join. I'm no fan of Bush but I can't imagine Billy having the guts to go after the terrorist organizations that attacked the US on September 11.

I hope I answer your question?

:thumbup: Post of the month, IMO.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 08:45 pm
@Red cv,
That's a keeper.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 12:19 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;14277 wrote:
For cryingout loud...you're no American that's for sure...Western Christian nationalist...go home!!!
He is home.
0 Replies