Did you favor the war on Iraq an year ago? Do you now?

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:15 am
Heywood, you nailed it.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 07:08 am
No and No.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 07:11 am
The part that really pisses me off now, is that the supporters of this action continue to attribute every attack against Americans now to Saddam loyalists. They refuse to acknowledge that by murdering several thousand innocent people that they may have created insurgents ready to attack them. If my whole family had been wiped out by US bombs, I'd certainly be attacking them.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 07:39 am
I did then.

Now, I am bitterly dissapointed that either we were blatantly lied to about the WMD, or our government intelligence agencies are so totally incompetent.

The pity of it is that GWB could have made a fairly rational case for the war without misrepresenting the situation:

1. Our aircraft patrolling the No-Fly Zones under UN Mandate are being routinely shot at. This is an act of war.

2. Just as a parolee is thrown back in prison if he violates his conditions of parole, Iraq is blatantly violating the terms of the Gulf War I cease fire agreement.

3. Saddam has launched two agressive wars (Iran and Iraq) in which millions of people died, and he has used WMD against Iraq's Kurdish minority. Perceived domestic enemies are executed. Funds generated through UN sanctioned oil sales do not go for food and medicine for the Iraqi people, but instead go to Saddam and his loyalists.

4. We believe, but do not have convincing proof, that Iraq is continuing WMD programs.

If Mr. Bush had made these arguments before Congress and received approval for the military action, then I would currently have no problem with it.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 09:40 am
perception wrote:
They will use (1)lies, (2)invective, (3)insults, (4)abuse, (5)ad hominems, and (6)any form of deception to obfuscate the facts and (7)try to run you from the forum but take no notice and don't lose your "cool". They have difficulty with logic and reason so carry on and welcome to the looney bin. Laughing

1. Bush is a genius.
2. But he's a ninny.
3. In fact, he's a big ninny.
4. And his mother wears army boots.
5. And so do you.
6. Hey, look behind you!
7. Now get outta' here, you knucklehead.

How'd I do?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 09:47 am
pretty good
not bad
I can't complain
Cause actually everything is just about the same
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:02 am
joefromchicago wrote:
perception wrote:
They will use (1)lies, (2)invective, (3)insults, (4)abuse, (5)ad hominems, and (6)any form of deception to obfuscate the facts and (7)try to run you from the forum but take no notice and don't lose your "cool". They have difficulty with logic and reason so carry on and welcome to the looney bin. Laughing

1. Bush is a genius.
2. But he's a ninny.
3. In fact, he's a big ninny.
4. And his mother wears army boots.
5. And so do you.
6. Hey, look behind you!
7. Now get outta' here, you knucklehead.

How'd I do?

Brought a smile but personally I think you're losing your touch Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:31 pm
perception wrote:
Brought a smile but personally I think you're losing your touch Rolling Eyes

As long as I can bring a smile to your face, perception, that's all the recompense that I desire.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:04 pm
Wilso wrote:
They refuse to acknowledge that by murdering several thousand innocent people that they may have created insurgents ready to attack them. If my whole family had been wiped out by US bombs, I'd certainly be attacking them.

Another great point, Wilso.

A big fear of mine is that there is some teenager in Iraq right now who's entire family was killed by the "shock and awe" campaign, and as a result, just dedicated his life to destroying our country and leading others in doing the same. We're creating monsters.

I don't want the children I'm going to have to suffer for the actions of our current administration.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:07 pm
Don't expect your government or conservatively controlled media to acknowledge it. The certainly don't here.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:08 pm
Heywood, As I see it, we're digging the hole deeper every day by killing innocent Iraqis. Some people in this administration can't see the hole for the tulip.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 01:42 am
NO and No
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 07:25 am
we took out one monster but may have created a couple more. who cares though? let our children worry about them.

for now, can't we all just be happy that the world is better off with saddam gone, that iraq will be a thriving democracy after so much torture and oppression.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:46 am
Confused
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 12:26 pm
Centroles' quote, "for now, can't we all just be happy that the world is better off with saddam gone, that iraq will be a thriving democracy after so much torture and oppression."
Centroles, It's not a democracy when another government selects its leaders. As for the "torture and oppression," it's up to the people of Iraq to do something about it - not an outside aggressor nation. That Saddam killed a few more million Iraqis since 1991 is the fault of our government; for promissing assistance, then abandoning them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 12:28 pm
An addendum: Our sanctions killed more innocent Iraqi babies than Saddam. Who's the monster?
0 Replies