Did you favor the war on Iraq an year ago? Do you now?

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 04:30 pm
I certainly did and still do. No I didn't buy into any of the propaganda or reasons given. But I did and still believe the world will be a better place the less dictatorships there are out there.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,049 • Replies: 35
No top replies

perception

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:11 pm
Yes and yes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:23 pm
No and hell no.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:28 pm
Well thank you for your insightful responses. The reasons you provided gave me a whole new perspective on the issue. End sarcasm.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:28 pm
Hell no and f*ck no.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:29 pm
And welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:29 pm
Sh*t no for both.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:30 pm
But it's okay for GWBush to dictate how the Iraqi's live. hmmmm.......
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:30 pm
Is that succinct enough?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 05:58 pm
Indonesia.
Do some research and get back.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 06:00 pm
Centroles wrote:
Well thank you for your insightful responses. The reasons you provided gave me a whole new perspective on the issue. End sarcasm.

Centroles

If you were and still are in favor of the Iraqi "liberation" Laughing you will be attacked by a "swarm" of harmless mosquitoes-----I emphasize---"harmless".

They will use lies, invective, insults, abuse, ad hominems, and any form of deception to obfuscate the facts and try to run you from the forum but take no notice and don't lose your "cool". They have difficulty with logic and reason so carry on and welcome to the looney bin. Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 06:06 pm
PDiddie wrote:
Hell no and f*ck no.

I'll second that!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 06:12 pm
Yes, we are harmless, but this president and administration are 'DANGEROUS' to the human race. We're harmless all right, and we like it that way.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 06:23 pm
No and No.
It's not the USA's job to decide which countries should have which leader.
If the Iraqi's wanted to get rid of Saddam then they would have got rid of him eventually. The issue has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else!
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:25 pm
They tired
The USA and Allies up until 1991 didn't say a damn thing about Saddam's brutality, instead they aided and armed him. Why?

In 1991 the Shias staged an armed revoltion but the USA and Allies didn't help at all. They stood back and allowed the Shias get massacred. Why?
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:34 pm
First question:
NO. I was worried that the collective fear of the country would be used as an excuse for something the administration wanted all along, and it turned out to be true. The Afghanistan war was understandable. The way fear and intimidation was used to spin the "need" for this war is inexcusable and completely reprehensible. I was completely disgusted.

Worse still were the fluctuating reasons. "He isn't letting inspectors in" became "Hes not letting the inspectors into everywhere" became "We don't want to play a cat and mouse game with the search" became "He's brutalizing his own people". The reasons for justifying the war shifted more times than Michael Jackson in his seat watching a 4th grade all male play (sorry, bad joke Very Happy )

Second Question:
Absolutely NOT. The administration thought it was going to be a cakewalk. Sure, we can roll into a country that's been crippled by years of sanctions and kick their ass. Thats not the tough part. Worse was hoarding Iraq right after the war and acting like a child who wouldn't let anyone else play with his toy. Now we need the help of the world, and everyone else is saying "Screw that... you wanted it, you got it. Now deal".

What suffers as a result? Iraqi civilians who need all the help they can get, our soldiers who are getting picked off with regularity, American Civil Liberties that get taken away in huge chunks, and the reputation of America in the eyes of the world.

I can't wait to vote in 2004.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:39 pm
Amen Heywood!!!!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:40 pm
Re: Did you favor the war on Iraq an year ago? Do you now?
Centroles wrote:
I certainly did and still do. No I didn't buy into any of the propaganda or reasons given. But I did and still believe the world will be a better place the less dictatorships there are out there.

Which is a wonderful reason for removing Bush. Regime change starts at home.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:40 pm
Well stated Heywood.
Except for the Ako Joko part. That freak mutant has been domintating the so called news for days. Meanwhile the American people are getting screwed by the Govt. and our suppossed representatives.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:22 am
No and no.

Lord only knows I have expended enough words on the matter in other threads to bore any normal mortal - so if anyone is offended by my brevity, they can look up all the previous Iraq threads!
0 Replies