Something we Canadians can be proud of - Piracy!

z0z0

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 08:54 pm
Pirates of the Canadians

Source: globeandmail.com: Pirates of the Canadians

For the third year in a row, the U.S. government has placed Canada on its "watch list" for a lack of IPR (intellectual-property rights) enforcement, which means this country is in the same company as notorious film-piracy hubs such as Lebanon, China, the Philippines and Russia.

In the letter, Snyder fumed that his company had discerned that, at one point during 2006, Canadian theatres were the source for nearly 50 per cent of illegal camcords across the globe: "Much like an out-of-control epidemic, those Canadian camcords . . . have become a leading source of worldwide Internet film piracy."

More so, he readily admits, because he recognized Snyder was absolutely right. Cineplex Entertainment -- in conjunction with the Canadian Motion Picture Distributors Association (CMPDA), the RCMP and other movie chains such as Empire and AMC -- have been lobbying the federal government for years to make it a criminal offence to pirate films. But so far their efforts have fallen on deaf ears. Sophisticated thieves toting black-leather bags with remote zooms, monitor devices and infrared sound receivers, and wearing sweatshirts or jackets with special holes designed to surround the lens of a camera, are having a field day.

Yeah - take that - where would all you American downloaders be without us Canadian Uploaders!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,143 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 06:58 pm
@z0z0,
Figures you'd be proud.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 06:47 pm
@z0z0,
Yeah. Don't you Canuks have ANY pride? I mean....c'mon. You started out FRENCH, and then turned BRITISH, as a result of the French and Indian War (AKA: Seven Years' War). What gives? How can you just up and change your whole nationality without feeling like a prostitute?

* So say I, a White American, even as another BILLION Mexicans sneak across the border and further re-conquer Texas. :wtf:
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 04:46 pm
@z0z0,
Hay wait a minute, our govenment steals our tax dollars and taxes every single aspect of our life (even death 14% tax) we'd turn barking mad if we didn't have someone to steal from. Revenue Canada always catches me when I cheat, it's sniff sniff impossible to cheat the system anymore. So we steal music.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:34 pm
@z0z0,
Welcome Red.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 04:30 pm
@z0z0,
Thankyou kindly, I don't really steal by down loading free stuff. I don't need more stuff, I have stuff up the wazoo.
0 Replies

Sherman cv

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 05:26 pm
@z0z0,
Feel free!! I do it too sometimes!!!!!Do you know how much cost a single? Almost as a whole cd with 13- 15 song on it!!! Isn' that crazy? Sometimes it is a matter of principle to become a pirate!Very Happy
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:05 pm
@z0z0,
Yep, and teachers are the WORST!!! There are more pyramid schemes than you can imagine and there is always a teacher behind it!!!!

However the worst cheats l have ever seen are those con-artists that run carnival cruise lines. The moment you step on board it is charge for this, charge for that, oops sorry we didn't mention this charge? oops, forgot that one? Oh, and don't forget the tip charge, just 17% but you won't notice we'll just charge your credit card...

Our famous garauntee policy? Well l am sorry your cabin stinks of urine, it must be your imagination? You have a few inches of water surging from the toliet? Oh, l suppose we can look in on it in a few hours...oh sure we can fulfill our guarnetee, did you bring the brochure with you? Oh, well, l guess we will allow you to disembark if you want...the next island is haiti..we will land at ten o'clock at night.

Terribly sorry, we can't arrange anything, you will have to disembark and find your way to an airport, and we will refund you for the remaining days of your trip later, after you are home {if you apply should you make it home that is}

Yep, the worse pirates on the seven seas everyone CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES...ps. nasty too.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 05:04 pm
@z0z0,
LOL feel better now Tulip?

I swear I didn't down load the movie Blood Diamonds I found it at the end of the driveway, it must of fell of a truck. I bet if I check my driveway I'll find "Sins of thy Fathers".
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 08:11 pm
@z0z0,
hee-hee, rant over, wheeew, had to just get that out....Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 07:48 pm
@z0z0,
I'm no saint but for the most part i prefer to pay for stuff.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:07 pm
@z0z0,
well thanks to harper we are handing over twelve million to have a syrian born friend of known terrorist families sue our friends the U,S.

and after the boner insult to the FBI CIA after the insult to our own intelligence agency,

now this is going to have a cost beyond twelve million...what a stupid move.
0 Replies