Anti-americanism, Burning Flags Must Not Be Tolerated

leef

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:58 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7529 wrote:
Hmm.I know it's A right. That don't make IT right.:wtf: Any questions?

"Thank God that in America we have the right of free speech, and the prudence to not always use it!"
- Mark Twain
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:40 am
@leef,
To burn a flag as a right is one thing ,but to burn it as a protest against what it stands for is another.IMO.

If anyone doesn't appreciate America for what it stands for they have a right to re-locate.

It's a symbol not simply a piece of cloth.There are more appropriate methods to protest that are a lot more effective.
oleo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:32 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7588 wrote:
To burn a flag as a right is one thing ,but to burn it as a protest against what it stands for is another.IMO.

If anyone doesn't appreciate America for what it stands for they have a right to re-locate.

It's a symbol not simply a piece of cloth.There are more appropriate methods to protest that are a lot more effective.

What makes America great is that you can "bitch" about it when you live here.
That's why it doesn't get stuck in the rut of oppressing one group or another.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:39 pm
@leef,
leef;7586 wrote:
"Thank God that in America we have the right of free speech, and the prudence to not always use it!"
- Mark Twain

You seem to use it well, don't heed Marks advice but in his quote is free speech in itself.
0 Replies

GeeWBushinator

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:33 pm
@Sherman cv,
Sherman;5778 wrote:
We nust stop anti-americanism and the burning of flags, it is offensive and deplorable.

Too much tolerance has bee given already. It is time to stand against hate and bloodshed shocking communities no matter who they are......

Racism can be displayed:frown: by anyone!!!!!

Burning flags and being "anti-American" is not racism, although the total US sponsored kills since WW2 certainly justifies the bloodshed in the world. There are many things in life worth fighting for, but rich white men in nice suits lying out of the corners of their mouths is not one of them. Fascism (my country right or wrong) was what they called Nazi Germany, Italy, and all other enemies of the US throughout history. Do US citizens sound like they need a dictator or just need more world education?
0 Replies

GeeWBushinator

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:39 pm
@markx15,
markx15;7252 wrote:
To express cristianity is a act of love, in which you set aside your own ego in attempt to save another from doind something he will later regret.Like invading nations and killing their sons and daughters? Dropping nuclear bombs from safe aircraft killing children and innocents? Or having your corporations move into countries, enslaving their people with deplorable working conditions and backing that up with your military? Or how about your government agencies sending military aid to two countries at war, at the same time and pretending to be allies with both? Of course there are radicals as in any religion. Flag burning on the other hand in an expression of hate, not to mention disrespectful, and should not be practiced or stimulated for it tears us apart, making it more dificult to resolve our diferences.
What does a flag or lack of flag do to tear a person apart, or resolve differences? It is a piece of cloth made by man. It is insignifant.
0 Replies

GeeWBushinator

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:41 pm
@Sherman cv,
Sherman;7282 wrote:
Why Christinaity? Why not muslim religion that is so radical? I do not appreciate these people burning any flags of western countries.. I will kick their ass if i see anybody talking and expressing antiamericanism of any kind!!!
F......g Scumbags!!:frown:
OOPS...your flag just caught on fire. Angry? How would you feel if the Chinese invaded and just shot all your children in the head, accidentally of course? Now picture US forces in the world since WW2.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 12:48 am
@Sherman cv,
Quote:
Burning flags and being "anti-American" is not racism

Yes it is if it is intended as racism, the act would have no meaning if it wasn't followed by hatred.

Quote:
There are many things in life worth fighting for

Anything that has any real worth in life does not truely need any fighting for.

Quote:
OOPS...your flag just caught on fire. Angry? How would you feel if the Chinese invaded and just shot all your children in the head, accidentally of course? Now picture US forces in the world since WW2.

It is easy to point fingers, but you should also set an example, that is the only real way to teach.
GeeWBushinator

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 08:37 am
@markx15,
markx15;8889 wrote:
Yes it is if it is intended as racism, the act would have no meaning if it wasn't followed by hatred.

Anything that has any real worth in life does not truely need any fighting for.

It is easy to point fingers, but you should also set an example, that is the only real way to teach.

You missed my point I think. The US IS setting an example, and it's leaders and citizens are outraged when they receive blowback. What is the example that Iraq is setting? Let me see if I got it right. Supposedly (and I don't believe this official story), terrorists flew airplanes into buildings in the US, and killed 3000 innocent people. In response, the US gov't has killed over 3000 of their own people, wounded another 22000, and killed anywhere from 20-100000 Iraqis that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11 at all. Is this leading by example? That is like China attacking the US, and the US retaliating by blowing up England.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 12:54 pm
@Sherman cv,
You're right I hadn't understood. Yes the USA is showing a bad example, that does not mean that the rest of the world needs to copy. IMO each have their own views on life, so each have their own examples to set, it is not enough to denounce any you believe to be wrong, it is needed also to demonstrate that another functional option exists. I am not disagreeing with you, I am simply waiting to see anyone set a good example.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 09:39 pm
@Sherman cv,
We'll said Mark.
0 Replies

Bean cv

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 07:14 pm
@Sherman cv,
Quote:
it's Constitutionally legal: freedom of speech/press/petition/assembly/religion.

Exactly the point I would make. Freedom of speech, period.
0 Replies