Anti-americanism, Burning Flags Must Not Be Tolerated

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 05:36 pm
We nust stop anti-americanism and the burning of flags, it is offensive and deplorable.

Too much tolerance has bee given already. It is time to stand against hate and bloodshed shocking communities no matter who they are......

Racism can be displayed:frown: by anyone!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,452 • Replies: 31
No top replies

htmlmaster

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 06:05 pm
@Sherman cv,
I agree with what you said (except for that type-o at the end), but it's Constitutionally legal: freedom of speech/press/petition/assembly/religion. So long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I really don't mind if that's the worst the anti-Americans do.

The ironic part is how so many anti-Americans hate America because they're in war, and yet they're protesting pretty violently.
Sherman cv

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 06:16 pm
@htmlmaster,
the point that i am try to make is that right now we cannot afford that people are allowed to do that, it is a bad message, it is not harmless as it seems, on the contrary it embrace the philosohy that as long is against America it is ok to do that! Absolutely not!!!
What Muslims would say if I dress up as a suicide bomber with a riffle and stand outside a mosquee? Would they let me do that? Of course not, i will be shot dead in no time!!!!!!if they want respect they need to earn it!!!!Somebody should say something or do anything, because things will get worse if these people are allowed to do what they want!!!!!!:eek:
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 06:58 pm
@Sherman cv,
If people want to burn our flag the least they could do is wrap themselves in it just before they light it.
markx15

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 07:06 pm
@Sherman cv,
I find it funny that when the pope reads a medievel text that mentioned a bad comment on their prophet, many found it appropriate to murder a catholic nun on a humanitarian mission, and gun down catholic churches. Another example is of the mohammed cartoons in holand, which caused an aproar from the muslim community and justified the killing of 7 innocent catholics and again shots fired against churches, while they burn as many american flags they can get theur hands on, not to mention publicly call the catholic religion false, yet they are summarily excused because of freedom of speech. Am I the only one who sees a problem in that?
Sherman cv

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 11:37 am
@markx15,
markx15;5790 wrote:
I find it funny that when the pope reads a medievel text that mentioned a bad comment on their prophet, many found it appropriate to murder a catholic nun on a humanitarian mission, and gun down catholic churches. Another example is of the mohammed cartoons in holand, which caused an aproar from the muslim community and justified the killing of 7 innocent catholics and again shots fired against churches, while they burn as many american flags they can get theur hands on, not to mention publicly call the catholic religion false, yet they are summarily excused because of freedom of speech. Am I the only one who sees a problem in that?

Exactly, my point taken....I feel the same way, but in England is fine to think so in silence but as soon as you speak out our governament throw people two years in jail...Not to mention the Britsh Muslim Council which unfortunately we got to tolerate with its rumblings on how muslims are discriminated with unwanted search and investigation...:FU1:

Sorry but were 25 British Muslims plotting to blow Ba flight to USA?? Who heck should we investigate Italians, French or Spanish or English perhaps would they really had caused terrorist attack upon their own? Ball ..**** We know that comes form all the muslim immigrants surely as hell are not from our culture.. :no:

......Even if they call themselves British by imigration they can never become naturally part of, it is impossible!!! So here we are in a messy conflicted society which is doomed to self-distruction....:wtf:
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 12:42 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5789 wrote:
If people want to burn our flag the least they could do is wrap themselves in it just before they light it.

I agree
0 Replies

Sherman cv

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 01:47 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5789 wrote:

I agree too ...Maybe can help them to get in it soon!!!!n B.........s!:beat:
0 Replies

ns1clrk

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
@Sherman cv,
I'll tell you what, If you ban expressing Christianity I'll let you ban flag burning. If we outlawed everything that the majority of people found "deplorable" the anti-segregation movement would have been deemed illegal.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:21 pm
@ns1clrk,
ns1clrk;7243 wrote:
I'll tell you what, If you ban expressing Christianity I'll let you ban flag burning. If we outlawed everything that the majority of people found "deplorable" the anti-segregation movement would have been deemed illegal.

Interesting. What would be the positive aspects of burning a flag?
markx15

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:04 pm
@Sherman cv,
Quote:
I'll tell you what, If you ban expressing Christianity I'll let you ban flag burning.

To express cristianity is a act of love, in which you set aside your own ego in attempt to save another from doind something he will later regret. Of course there are radicals as in any religion. Flag burning on the other hand in an expression of hate, not to mention disrespectful, and should not be practiced or stimulated for it tears us apart, making it more dificult to resolve our diferences.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 08:51 pm
@ns1clrk,
ns1clrk;7243 wrote:

Seems your prejudice with christians, why not include all religions?
0 Replies

Sherman cv

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 08:51 pm
@ns1clrk,
ns1clrk;7243 wrote:

Why Christinaity? Why not muslim religion that is so radical? I do not appreciate these people burning any flags of western countries.. I will kick their ass if i see anybody talking and expressing antiamericanism of any kind!!!
F......g Scumbags!!:frown:
Drnaline

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 09:29 pm
@Sherman cv,
You go Sherm.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 10:39 pm
@Sherman cv,
Every religion has a right to exist, and by existing it automaticaly serves as an example. What kind of example is up to them, you cannot discard an entire religion by the acts of a tiny amount radicals. Religion is a form of self expression, and should not be condemnded, but criticism is a way reviewing and evolving, and so should always be encouradged, I mean we all have our defects("cast the first stone he who is without sin"), so why can't we take criticisim for what it really is, a path to self improvment, and not as many consider an insult.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 11:22 pm
@Sherman cv,
Quote:
anybody talking and expressing antiamericanism of any kind!!!
F......g Scumbags!!

I agree that instead of attacking other ideologies they should contempt themselves in improving and adapting their own, and expanding their opinions by serving as living examples. To demean other ways of life does not grant you greater virtue, on the other hand, it shows that you have not yet achieved the goal we all attempt to gain through these so called "paths", some prefer enlightenment, others heaven, I personally like the word progress in comparison to perfection. As I see it you cannot be 100% certain of any presumptions, as they are only that, you have not been there to testify, not in this life, only few have achieved true revelations in their time on earth and for that reason they are still important to daily life even thousands of years after their death. Examples? Jesus Christ, Buddha, Mohammed, amongst others. That is why I believe progress is a good word for our time spent on earth.
0 Replies

ns1clrk

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:19 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7245 wrote:

Whether or not burning a flag has positive aspects it is still a RIGHT of the individual. Should the government infringe on our rights, we have the "right to alter or abolish it and to institute new government, laying it's foundations and principles....etc....etc...." Therefore the government, should it infringe upon my rights, loses it's power to govern. Any attempt to limit my rights is either immediately nullified or the government is immediately nullified. Whether or not it is positive, flag burning is free speech, thus is covered by the Bill of Rights. It is the same right that allows you to criticize my statements, I think you should be fond of it. Any more questions?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:29 pm
@ns1clrk,
ns1clrk;7525 wrote:
Whether or not burning a flag has positive aspects it is still a RIGHT of the individual. Should the government infringe on our rights, we have the "right to alter or abolish it and to institute new government, laying it's foundations and principles....etc....etc...." Therefore the government, should it infringe upon my rights, loses it's power to govern. Any attempt to limit my rights is either immediately nullified or the government is immediately nullified. Whether or not it is positive, flag burning is free speech, thus is covered by the Bill of Rights. It is the same right that allows you to criticize my statements, I think you should be fond of it. Any more questions?

Hmm.I know it's A right. That don't make IT right.:wtf: Any questions?
leef

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:55 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7245 wrote:

None, maybe sending a message using a symbol.

It's just a piece of fabric, it's what it represents that is worth defending, and one of the things it represents is the freedom to send a message using a symbol, which is very important to what this country is about.

This thread is pretty dumb because Sherman is complaining about foreigners, who are not subject to U.S. laws anyway. You can never do anything about foreign citizens burning the U.S. flag on their home soil... there is no way you could legally prevent that, no way you could control it unless you just invaded any country that didn't ban it and imprisoned the perpetrators, and I wouldn't be part of a country with that mentality. It'd be like being a member of a street gang, gunning down people who graffiti on your turf or don't flash the proper hand sign when you drive by. Stupid.

I've never burned a flag apart from properly disposing of a worn out one in the manner I learned of in the cub scouts (putting it in the trash is disgraceful).

The minute they outlawed flag burning, which would be unconstitutional, I might be inclined to burn one in protest of that, because that would be true to the founding principles of this country and an act using a symbol to signify my displeasure with a violatiuon of my rights as an American citizen.
0 Replies

leef

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:56 am
@ns1clrk,
ns1clrk;7525 wrote:

well said.