Frankenpets. What a wonderful idea!

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 07:31 am
Monger recently added a post about some sort of genetically engineered fish. They apparently crossed a zebra fish with some kind of funky glowing micro-organism and produced a glow-in-the-dark fish, or something like that. It was an exciting article and I was looking forward to some of the responses, but Cav and Wilso were the first to respond and they got into some discussion about potato chips or french fries or some such matter. Then Dlowan entered the fray and started chastising them for straying from the matter at hand and pretty soon the whole thing started to collapse. But not before I got the idea for Frankenpets.

If you could cross an animal with another animal or object to create an interesting pet or just something to help around the house, what would it be?

I think I'd cross a cleaning lady with a vacuum cleaner. Then I'd have a clean house and continuous suction, if you know what I mean.

Or how about crossing a crow with a doorbell? The crow would sit on the porch, a visitor would push its' beak and the crow would fly into the house and say "Caw! Caw!" Then you would know you had a visitor.

So, let's hear some ideas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,536 • Replies: 11
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 07:54 am
Capybara with Jeffrey Dahmer......?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 07:58 am
Hey! That's not a bad idea, Dlowan. Then the capybaras would start to...... wait a minute! Wait just one damn minute, woman! You must think ol' Gus is pretty stupid. You tryin' to get my capybaras to eat me so you can be rid of me and my silly posts forever?

Ain't gonna work! I can see right through you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 08:03 am
Looking through a glass Bunny.....mmmmmm......
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 08:06 am
How about if we cross Dlowan with Albert Einstein? Then we would have an Aussie with a brain.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah, er, ahem.... just kiddin'
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 10:04 am
Thinking.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 10:10 am
I would like to splice some grapevine and cocoa bean genes into a bunny's DNA so they poop raisinettes.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 11:17 am
Or forget the rabbit and make chocolate wine yummmmm.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 02:40 pm
Chocolate wine?

I would love to cross horses and such with meece, so as to make weeny li'l horses, Lilliputian ones, or weeny li'l Lilliputian cats and dogs and maybe lions and tigers and such?????
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 03:00 pm
cross cats and dogs so you got the beauty and personality of the cat with the ability to take it out for walks?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 01:20 am
Mini-elephants with hoover trunks. A fabulous housepet and a clean carpet, too!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:00 am
Excellent idea, Wy!

SCAILTTSASSCTIACC
0 Replies