Im Cookin a Turkey..

GoodBoy

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 08:44 am
Never done it before but I am now.. all I can do it hope... but if my 80 year old dad opens that oven door one more time.. Im pushing him in...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 972 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:15 am
@GoodBoy,
LOL. I wonder what 80 years old dad taste's like. I watch the food channel often. One of there show's "Good eat's" have a very indept show on how to make perfect stuffing. I never liked stuffing but prepared the way he did i would definetly try it. You stuffing your bird?
GoodBoy

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:35 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6971 wrote:
LOL. I wonder what 80 years old dad taste's like. I watch the food channel often. One of there show's "Good eat's" have a very indept show on how to make perfect stuffing. I never liked stuffing but prepared the way he did i would definetly try it. You stuffing your bird?

Im NO PERV! oh wait... no, I always make the dressing seperately.. Alton Brown scared the crap outta me with that dressing show. There were WAY too many ways to die. I wanted to brine a turkey but I bought a safe basting one
and I just happened to read a small blurb on a cooking site that you can't brine those unless ya want to eat a salt lick. Oh well.. we will see what happens.. if ya don't hear from me again.. you know it wasnt good...:eek:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:45 am
@GoodBoy,
Half way out the door, i'll reply later.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:54 am
@Drnaline,
I wonder how people survived all those years when they stuffed the turkeys before they cooked them?

I think people are losing the art of cooking.
GoodBoy

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:07 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6975 wrote:
I wonder how people survived all those years when they stuffed the turkeys before they cooked them?

I think people are losing the art of cooking.

Maybe so.. I sure don't know how.. so I ain't taking any chances. Really doesn't matter since my family always cooked the stuffing seperately. Thats usually the way its done in the South.. Cornbread and sage dressing..yummm.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 10:24 am
@GoodBoy,
I agree with not taking any chances.

I didn't realize there was a difference in the way turkeys were cooked in geographicial locations where stuffing was concerned, but then I'm not much of a cook either.Very Happy
0 Replies