• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,973 • Replies: 23
No top replies

the intellect

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 12:25 am
@European cv,
Depends what context u mean?

yeah it probably is a great country but it has many problems like most countries and has used its military power for a fair amount of bad. a fair amount of good aswell.

Its made great contributions to mankinds advancemnt in the modern era.
0 Replies

htmlmaster

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 05:24 pm
@European cv,
The court system is a bit messed up in the U.S., as it is just about everywhere else. Thankfully, the United States isn't entirely run by the court, and it's system of government is designed so that the country could function if any or all of its leaders were corrupt.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 01:34 pm
@European cv,
I'd rather live in Sweden or Switzerland or maybe even Canada if I could be reborn in another country. The social programs in United States are a joke, for the richest country in the world our health care for children is horrible compared to the 3 countries I listed up there.
BonaParte cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 11:53 pm
@European cv,

I have seen this same post on another forum.
The US is a great country. The best in the world.
0 Replies

BonaParte cv

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 11:55 pm
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5262 wrote:
I'd rather live in Sweden or Switzerland or maybe even Canada if I could be reborn in another country. The social programs in United States are a joke, for the richest country in the world our health care for children is horrible compared to the 3 countries I listed up there.

Don't go to Canada!
They tried to erect a monument to honour US draftdodgers in Nelson, British Columbia.
Boycott British Columbia fur sure.................
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 12:05 am
@European cv,
The draftdodgers of the Vietnam war? I got no problem with them or a statue representing them.
NaterG

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 03:19 am
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5364 wrote:
The draftdodgers of the Vietnam war? I got no problem with them or a statue representing them.

I have no problem with true draftdodgers as long as they stay the **** out of my country. If you are unwilling to fight for your country when required, then get the hell out of here. I am not a military type person myself, however, if the time came, and the draft started again, you better believe I will jump in and volunteer to go to what service I wanted and not worry about being drafted. Draftdodgers=chickenshit.
GoodBoy

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 03:51 am
@European cv,
I Agree Nater
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 05:38 am
@European cv,

If you don't live here what business is it of yours? We have rights here that protect us from illegal search and seizure. Except for the Patriot Act it usually works pretty well.Very Happy
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 05:30 pm
@NaterG,
NaterG;5375 wrote:
I have no problem with true draftdodgers as long as they stay the *** out of my country. If you are unwilling to fight for your country when required, then get the hell out of here. I am not a military type person myself, however, if the time came, and the draft started again, you better believe I will jump in and volunteer to go to what service I wanted and not worry about being drafted. Draftdodgers=chickencrap.

I think people who will fight anyone at the drop of a hat without questioning what he is fighting for should get the **** outta my country.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:02 pm
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5454 wrote:
I think people who will fight anyone at the drop of a hat without questioning what he is fighting for should get the **** outta my country.

and I think people that want to talk alot when talking has never controlled radical dicators should get the **** out of my country Wink
fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 10:31 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;5469 wrote:
and I think people that want to talk alot when talking has never controlled radical dicators should get the *** out of my country Wink

And people who think controlling people is the only way to live should get the **** outta my country. :peace:
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 10:49 pm
@European cv,
Sure because we go around controlling peaceful countries Smile

Sorry but trying to paint America as someone who just goes and invades places to take over and control them is going to fall short everytime
fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 11:04 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;5502 wrote:
Sure because we go around controlling peaceful countries Smile

Sorry but trying to paint America as someone who just goes and invades places to take over and control them is going to fall short everytime

No course not, they only invade the countries they've unstabalized through regime coupes, carpet bombings, and insurgent sponsorship.

Invasions are when all those other options still haven't got them what they wanted.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 11:06 pm
@European cv,
and of course these countries were minding their own business, not defying the United Nations and the US and of course were not invading their neighbors.

You got us man. We just go attack peaceful countries.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 11:32 pm
@European cv,
Was Iraq invading anybody when they installed Saddam Hussein? Was Iran invading anybody when they installed the Pahlavi dynasty? Was Vietnam invading another country or were they having a civil war? What about Korea? How about the Phillipines? Nicaragua-Iran contra, I mean what else do you want me to list out here? All of the US meddling came at the price of each of these countries self determination and at civilian lives. Time to wake up and see this nation as the most war hungry state of history.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 12:26 am
@European cv,
and yet again these countries were peace loving countries with solid government foundations.

All those countries you listed have history of unstable regimes in which the US was trying to stabalize. Everyone else was going to let the countries run wild and do what they wanted. Let them instill leaders into the countries, that at the time, were heading down the wrong path. A path that wasn't peace. Yea Saddam turned out the way he did but hindsight is 20/20. It's not like we went into these countries and messed them up. These countries were crap countries to begin with and highly unstable
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:22 am
@European cv,
US was trying to stabilize them? No US was trying to control them and when they lost control they decided to destabilize them so at least they could economically control them if they couldn't politically do it.

Crap countries to begin with? That would require a deep understanding of each country's history, something I doubt you have, so I wouldn't make such broad statements like that.
BonaParte cv

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:18 pm
@fluidambient,
What are crap countries?