EU's path to global dominance

bergenslabb

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:17 pm
@European cv,
I think I was -3,something on the Social Libertarian/Authoritarian scale.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:18 pm
@bergenslabb,
bergenslabb;7521 wrote:
There are seven parties that have seats in the parliament, and three of those parties formed a new coalition government in 2005. There are currently four opposition parties, mine being one of them. We do have many other smaller parties as well, but they usually get less than 4% of the votes, which is what each party needs in order to win seats in parliament.

I think maybe one of the reasons why so few norwegians would vote for the Republicans is that most of us disagree with the Republicans when it comes to abortion and same-sex marriages, and other issues that are connected mainly with christian values. The statistics will tell you that almost 90% of the norwegian people are christian (lutherans I think). But in reality, I'd say a lot less than 50% really are.
I have to take it you are pro choice and pro gay marriage?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:25 pm
@European cv,
Looks like Angela Merkel and i think along the same lines.
0 Replies

bergenslabb

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:25 pm
@European cv,
Definitely pro choise yes, and I don't see the harm in gay marriage. If it was something like marriage between cousins instead, I'd object. (it's legal in Norway, but I don't know if it is in the US)
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:30 pm
@European cv,
I think Massachusetts is the only one allowing Gay marriage. If they eventually let the states decide on abortion it think it will be abolished. Some states now are trying to supercede Rove vs Wade. The only reason it is allowed now.
0 Replies

bergenslabb

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:37 pm
@European cv,
Gay marriage isn't allowed here either, but it probably will be sometime in the near future. Only one of our 7 parties in parliament is against abortion, and it's one of the smallest parties.

The topics being discussed in these american forums are also very different from norwegian forums, but that's obvious really, the biggest debate in Norway is the EU debate. What do the americans generally think of the EU? I guess it's not really a big issue for you.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:58 pm
@bergenslabb,
bergenslabb;7533 wrote:
Gay marriage isn't allowed here either, but it probably will be sometime in the near future. Only one of our 7 parties in parliament is against abortion, and it's one of the smallest parties.

The topics being discussed in these american forums are also very different from norwegian forums, but that's obvious really, the biggest debate in Norway is the EU debate. What do the americans generally think of the EU? I guess it's not really a big issue for you.
IMO as a whole they are soft. I see them slipping further into there own plite and we will be forced to aid them again. I don't know if i fully understand there/your debate? I guess i could use the same anology you used. Why worry about us when you have enough problems at home. Terrorism will be it's downfall. And there reluctance to combat it. Extremist muslims already have there say there with more to come. I guess they see us as competition and we see them in a fight for there lives. You may be a little removed being in your location but that too will change in the near future.

On another note. Got a link to a norwegan forum, are they in english?
0 Replies

bergenslabb

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:08 pm
@European cv,
My country is not a part of the European Union, and I do not see terrorism as a huge threat, if anything, I think the US government only made things worse with the war on Iraq. But I don't see how terrorism will destroy most of Europe, that's a very extreme opinion. That would mean that terrorism would destroy 25 european countries, or their union.

In Norway the main EU question is, do we want to be a member?

The forums I use are in norwegian, like this one: VG Nett Debatt
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:25 pm
@European cv,
They have vowed to kill me, my family, my way of life. They will do the same for you when your time comes, i find that extreme. We are addressing the problem, europe is in denial. They do not use uniforms, they willingly kill civilians, They do not wish to live but to die so they may have sex with numerous women when they reach there final detination. They think it's heaven but i say it's hell. What France looks like now is what's in store socially for the rest of europe. Muslim indifference is the worlds largest problem IMO.
Quote:
In Norway the main EU question is, do we want to be a member?

You should join, there gonna need as many allys as they can get. They won't be happy untill they nuke some one, most likely Isreal or the US. That will force a responce nobody likes to think about.

Quote:
The forums I use are in norwegian, like this one: VG Nett Debatt

Thanks for the link. You must be fluent in both languages i assume. I've enjoys this conversation and would like to have more but it's 9:30 hear and i gotta work early so till another day. You can reply as i'm online first thing when i get up. Good night.
0 Replies

bergenslabb

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:34 pm
@European cv,
We already have allies through the UN and NATO, the question of joining the EU is more an economic issue, because Norway is a very wealthy nation, and by joining the EU we have to share quite a few resources.

Yes, I am fluent in both languages, and I should sleep too. It's almost morning here, 5.30 (A.M. i think, I never really got the difference between them)..
Drnaline

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:39 pm
@bergenslabb,
bergenslabb;7542 wrote:
We already have allies through the UN and NATO, the question of joining the EU is more an economic issue, because Norway is a very wealthy nation, and by joining the EU we have to share quite a few resources.

Yes, I am fluent in both languages, and I should sleep too. It's almost morning here, 5.30 (A.M. i think, I never really got the difference between them)..
Good luck in what ever your country decides. I'll have to use a translator for your link but i'm interested to say the least.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 01:57 am
@European cv,
It is easy Bergenslab , AM = ante meridian = before noon and PM = post meridian = after noon .

I , too , will look in on your forum ( with a translator , of course ).
0 Replies