White House deleting hard drives etc.

rex b

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 07:53 am
What is your take on something like this?

White House: Hard drives tossed - USATODAY.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,624 • Replies: 50
No top replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 09:20 am
@rex b,
Shucks! Oh well.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 01:02 pm
@DiversityDriven,
Makes you wonder what was on the hard drives. :dunno:
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 06:46 am
@rex b,
Ever president deletes there hard drives before leaving office.

Hell The Great DEMOCRAT CLinton, that sop many of you anti bush speakers tongue the scrotum of, deleted their hard drives... and stole Public property.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:47 am
@rex b,
There's a HUGE difference the Righties are missing (and it is why this is important).

Hard drives are deleted and destroyed on a regular basis. Old systems that are decommissioned regularly have the drives wiped and shredded/crushed. Not a big deal.

DATA however, NEVER gets destroyed. AT ALL. However in this particular case, this is what got destroyed. It's what is at the heart of the issue. There is ALWAYS a backup, especially in a situation such as running the goddamn country. Archives of everything are kept for ages.

The data is missing. Only two reasons this could happen.

1. ABSOLUTE BLATANT incompetence. I mean the IT department should be sacked for that.
2. "This information is damaging to me and my cronies. Make it go away."
rugonnacry

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 03:32 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55318 wrote:
There's a HUGE difference the Righties are missing (and it is why this is important).

Hard drives are deleted and destroyed on a regular basis. Old systems that are decommissioned regularly have the drives wiped and shredded/crushed. Not a big deal.

DATA however, NEVER gets destroyed. AT ALL. However in this particular case, this is what got destroyed. It's what is at the heart of the issue. There is ALWAYS a backup, especially in a situation such as running the *** country. Archives of everything are kept for ages.

The data is missing. Only two reasons this could happen.

1. ABSOLUTE BLATANT incompetence. I mean the IT department should be sacked for that.
2. "This information is damaging to me and my cronies. Make it go away."

LOL And there was a second gunmen on the grassy null, and we faked the apollo moon landing.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 04:01 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;55324 wrote:
LOL And there was a second gunmen on the grassy null, and we faked the apollo moon landing.

Then I'd love for you to explain to me how, between at MINIMUM, three systems (sender's PC, mail server, receiver's PC... four if between two mail servers), why there is not ONE SINGLE COPY of an email.

Can't spin your way out of this one. That makes ZERO sense unless you are intentionally destroying data. Accidents like these don't happen.

Or are you going to sit there with a straight face and tell me that the backup and management system I have in place to handle my anime is more reliable than what is used on systems that run the country.

Bulls*it. You know it. Anyone with one whit of knowledge about networks and IT will tell you that.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 10:32 am
@rex b,
So you are telling me you have never sent an email to someone and later deleted your sent files... and never once has someone received an email from you and then deleted it? I would hate to see the clutter in your mail box.
Sabz5150

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 11:04 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;55328 wrote:
So you are telling me you have never sent an email to someone and later deleted your sent files... and never once has someone received an email from you and then deleted it? I would hate to see the clutter in your mail box.

How many gigs do you have free on your hard drive? I'll show you my email archives from work. Every single one of them since I started working there.

You're trying to blur the lines here. Are you telling me that not ONE SINGLE SYSTEM between here and there (these are government systems, keep that in mind), including both client PCs, have a copy of this email? What protocol were they using? POP3? IMAP? This makes a HUGE difference in where you look for files and what potential copies are laying around. Do they back up the servers? How often? How about desktops?

Are you also telling me that you equate personal email habits with those on government owned systems at the highest levels of power in this country? Please tell me you do not work in IT.

Are you telling me that the same government who is spending tens of billions of dollars to catalog and monitor every bit of info about its citizens doesn't have a reliable backup and management system for ITS OWN IN HOUSE DATA?

I'm sorry, it doesn't add up. At all.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 11:59 am
@rex b,
You're right, Bush The man You and those conspiracy theorists like you, cant stand, Think is inept and ignorant, to stupid to get out of bed every morning with out help. Only became president because of daddys money, cant speak the english language BLAH BLAH BLAH and every other whiny little bitch dems complaint about a TWO term president (If was as bad as YOU say would not have made a second term... EVEN WITH DADDYS money..... Daddy couldnt buy his OWN 2nd term) I s able to pull of the greatest conspiracy since a 13 year old virgin giving birth to the Messiah, then you really need a nap.

You can not be taken seriously by spouting HE IS DUMB while in the same setence HE HAS FOOLED US ALL
Sabz5150

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 01:10 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;55336 wrote:
You're right, Bush The man You and those conspiracy theorists like you, cant stand, Think is inept and ignorant, to stupid to get out of bed every morning with out help. Only became president because of daddys money, cant speak the english language BLAH BLAH BLAH and every other whiny little *** dems complaint about a TWO term president (If was as bad as YOU say would not have made a second term... EVEN WITH DADDYS money..... Daddy couldnt buy his OWN 2nd term) I s able to pull of the greatest conspiracy since a 13 year old virgin giving birth to the Messiah, then you really need a nap.

You can not be taken seriously by spouting HE IS DUMB while in the same setence HE HAS FOOLED US ALL

And you can't be taken seriously if you break down into a temper tantrum every time someone delivers a question you can't answer. You have no rational response as to how this raw data could just go *poof* in all its forms and in all its locations without someone intentionally wanting it gone.

You KNOW that's the only answer that makes sense. You simply don't want to admit it... whether to yourself or to this particualr board is up for debate.

So, do you have a rational response, or... rugonnacry?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 02:12 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;55336 wrote:
You're right, Bush The man You and those conspiracy theorists like you, cant stand, Think is inept and ignorant, to stupid to get out of bed every morning with out help. Only became president because of daddys money, cant speak the english language BLAH BLAH BLAH and every other whiny little bitch dems complaint about a TWO term president (If was as bad as YOU say would not have made a second term... EVEN WITH DADDYS money..... Daddy couldnt buy his OWN 2nd term) I s able to pull of the greatest conspiracy since a 13 year old virgin giving birth to the Messiah, then you really need a nap.

Whats this have to do with Bush's incompetence????

It's not like Bush personally deleted all the files himself....He had other people do it for him.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 03:12 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55337 wrote:
And you can't be taken seriously if you break down into a temper tantrum every time someone delivers a question you can't answer. You have no rational response as to how this raw data could just go *poof* in all its forms and in all its locations without someone intentionally wanting it gone.

You KNOW that's the only answer that makes sense. You simply don't want to admit it... whether to yourself or to this particualr board is up for debate.

So, do you have a rational response, or... rugonnacry?

Im looking for a temper tantrum.... Dont see as where I had one. I can see how talking to yo9u in a way a five year old could understand, could be taken as condescending... and if condescending and temper tantrums are the same to you then google websters dictionary for clarification .

To continue on about temper tantrums, how many times have you been banned from this site for such an occurrence?

(Sits by and awaits the next conspiracy theory.) Perhaps Chocolate milk really comes from brown cows but Bush doesnt want any one to know that so he can keep the Chocolate prices in his favor.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:56 pm
@rex b,
Yeah....Bush -- the author of all that's wrong in the world. I saw him in the neighborhood again yesterday, setting empty, overgrown lots on fire with matches and a can of gasoline, giggling like a little kid. Obama was in the background, blathering on about a "conversation about the real context of the racial tensions that breed a certain type of response to a behavior that's not inconsistent with a career spent giving three sermons a week, in a setting anchored in meaning, and a dialogue crafted upon the principles of a people......ah.....aaaa..aaahh...(puke).":afro::Pickle::afro:
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 06:01 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;55345 wrote:
Im looking for a temper tantrum.... Dont see as where I had one. I can see how talking to yo9u in a way a five year old could understand, could be taken as condescending... and if condescending and temper tantrums are the same to you then google websters dictionary for clarification

Waah! Waah! You're a conspiracy theorist! Waah! Liberal! Waaah! Waaah! You're a Bush hater! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Is that your best response to the "conspiracy theory" I have posed? You can't answer any of the questions with a rational response that makes any sort of sense.

These aren't questions I've copy-pasted from other sites... these are questions *I* am posing as a person with EXTENSIVE computer experience.

Quote:
To continue on about temper tantrums, how many times have you been banned from this site for such an occurrence?

Zero. I have not been banned nor suspended once. You?

Quote:
(Sits by and awaits the next conspiracy theory.) Perhaps Chocolate milk really comes from brown cows but Bush doesnt want any one to know that so he can keep the Chocolate prices in his favor.

How about this: Answer the questions. You've done every right wing smear play you can muster and haven't answered the questions directly ONCE.

I don't find this surprising as the Right didn't believe NUCLEAR PHYSICISTS when they said the "tubes" couldn't be used to enrich uranium.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 09:15 pm
@rex b,
I think you are posting your WAAAS to the wrong person... all I hear is

WAAAAAAAAH why doesnt anyone take me seriously

waaaaaaaah Conspiracy theories are true... I can take 1 piee of a 500 piece puzzle and complete the entire picture

waaaaaaahhh

If you were the norm we would hav different officials in office wouldnt we?

But yours are not the norm, you are the minority... Meaning MORE PEOPLE think the way I DO than you do....
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 05:03 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;55410 wrote:
I think you are posting your WAAAS to the wrong person... all I hear is

WAAAAAAAAH why doesnt anyone take me seriously

waaaaaaaah Conspiracy theories are true... I can take 1 piee of a 500 piece puzzle and complete the entire picture

waaaaaaahhh

If you were the norm we would hav different officials in office wouldnt we?

But yours are not the norm, you are the minority... Meaning MORE PEOPLE think the way I DO than you do....

Naah, I am posting at the right person. No mistake here. See, you were doing well in this... putting up actual responses to my questions, albeit irrelevant to the exact subject at hand.

Then, for some odd reason you went into the usual Right-wing dittohead "I'm gonna smear him!" tactic that is used every time the answers to perfectly valid questions end up being ones that cast you (or whoever you're told to fall behind) in a not-so-good light.

Why can't you put rational answers to these questions? Why won't you? Why have you decided to turn this debate from one about why raw data is coming up missing in the White House to one questioning my credibility?

Why are you suddenly attacking me directly and not going after the questions?

You're only making yourself look immature, thus damaging your credibility. Come back down to Earth, debate the topic, and you might learn something.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:28 am
@rex b,
From TFA:

Quote:
"It would be costly and time-consuming for the White House to institute an e-mail retrieval program that entails pulling data off each individual workstation, the court papers filed Friday state."

It's called IMAP! I can set up a server with this software FOR FREE. Solves the problem.

Don't bulls*it.
Numpty

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 05:37 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55423 wrote:
From TFA:

It's called IMAP! I can set up a server with this software FOR FREE. Solves the problem.

Don't bulls*it.

Well from my limited knowledge of how all that good stuff works I do know that at work when I send or am sent emails thay are 'sense' checked and a back up made for retrieval, the sense check is so there is no malicious code or internal spam emails.

That sound familiar to anyone else's work place?

Seems to me MR Sabz is mearly throwing a question out there for debate, yet his character and reputation are being questioned, something I seem to see more and more on this site I am afraid, bully boy tactics i think one may call them.
DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 05:51 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;55324 wrote:

LOL!! Did you here the one about the com trails, LOL.
0 Replies