Bush should pardon these agents !

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:12 pm
Two U.S. Border Patrol agents were sentenced to prison terms of 11 years and 12 years for shooting a drug-smuggling suspect in the buttocks as he fled across the U.S.-Mexico border.

U.S. District Court Judge Kathleen Cardone in El Paso, Texas, sentenced Jose Alonso Compean to 12 years in prison and Ignacio Ramos to 11 years and one day despite a plea by their attorney for a new trial after three jurors said they were coerced into voting guilty in the case, the Washington Times reported.

WorldNetDaily: Border Patrol agents sentenced to prison

I'm still shaking my head over this one. :wtf:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,203 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 04:00 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Yes that is a bunch of bullshit. I'd pardon them
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:49 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
In a heart beat.
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 08:02 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
That ruling pissed me off. We have huge problem with drugs coming from Mexico. I think the judge should be investigated to see what kickbacks she is getting.
0 Replies

KryptonSlim

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 09:19 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Sounds like the case should have been tossed out and retried. Who supposedly coerced the three jurors? Other jurors or outside forces? If it was other jurors, it could be viewed as mere jury deliberations and then the verdicts would stand. If outside forces are involved. A mistrial should have been declared and the case retried. But if the jurors didn't come forward until after the verdicts and the sentences, there's not a lot that can or will be done. I don't agree with the sentences, but I highly doubt Dubya will come anywhere near this, nor the Supreme Court.
0 Replies

WillSpencer

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 07:26 am
@tumbleweed cv,
I am wondering why the DA decided to prosecute?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 07:33 am
@WillSpencer,
Because they shot him in the ass instead of the head.Very Happy
0 Replies

WillSpencer

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 08:09 am
@tumbleweed cv,
This is so The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 02:26 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
I can understand the civil rights violation, but they are there to protect the border from people such as this, they can't rightfully be charged for doing their job.
oleo

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:15 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Indulge me a bit of conspiracy theory, fellas...

Did you ever think this drug cartel might somehow do work for "national
security?"

I read the memoirs of an ex-D.E.A. agent. He retired, and claims his career
was wasted, since anyone they ever got "high up" in the chain invariably
had links to something related to "national security," and was released.
He risked his life for nothing time and time again.

The war on drugs is both a sham and a multi-faceted cottage industry.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:57 pm
@markx15,
markx15;5978 wrote:
I can understand the civil rights violation, but they are there to protect the border from people such as this, they can't rightfully be charged for doing their job.

You might want to look up the rules of engagement for Border Patrol officers. I was shocked at what they couldn't do.
0 Replies

WillSpencer

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:53 pm
@oleo,
oleo;6079 wrote:
Indulge me a bit of conspiracy theory, fellas...

No. I'm so sick of conspiracy theories that every time I hear one my gorge rises.

Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?
A. Because he was on the payroll of the Zionists/CFR/CIA/Rockefellers/Clinton-Bush Crime Family!

oleo;6079 wrote:
Did you ever think this drug cartel might somehow do work for "national security?"

Nope.

oleo;6079 wrote:
I read the memoirs of an ex-D.E.A. agent. He retired, and claims his career was wasted, since anyone they ever got "high up" in the chain invariably had links to something related to "national security," and was released. He risked his life for nothing time and time again.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

oleo;6079 wrote:
The war on drugs is both a sham and a multi-faceted cottage industry.

Both points are factually correct, but unrelated.
oleo

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 06:05 pm
@WillSpencer,
Will.Spencer;6098 wrote:
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

"The Big White Lie" by Michael Levine. Read it.
0 Replies