Drnaline

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 08:54 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
Maybe Bush will give them a presidential pardon.:lightbulb:

I'm sure he's got one spot saved for Carl Rove, if they ever get him for anything, LOL.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 06:08 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
I know quite a few as well and some if not all that are illegal and are working for vaious company's pay taxes. It's just not to there social security number(If they had one). They allow those taxes extracted so they may work. They will never file on those taxes because they cannot prove it is really them if the IRS gets involved. I know a few who use the same SS number as well. What happens to all that money that never gets claimed on? Some one is sitting on a cash cow and not talking about it. I'm sure if they wanted, the IRS or whoever could track down most if not all of the offenders but why would they when there putting money in and NEVER taking it out?

I agree with this 100%. I actually have made that comment b4 when told illegal imigrants refuse to pay taxes. I know people that have purchased SS cards, or have used dead people's SS numbers. This is not legal I know but it goes to show they do want to pay taxes. It does not make it right,I know, I just want to get the point across that all illegal workers do not want to get away w/o paying taxes. Another way they do it is by getting a Tax ID number. It looks the same as a SS# and all u gotta do to get it is apply for it. They work and pay taxes with the Tax ID and will never claim a return.
0 Replies

unlawflcombatnt cv

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 02:14 pm
@ndjs,
The biggest problem created by uncontrolled illegal immigration is wage suppression. According to economics professor George Borjas, immigration reduces the average annual earnings of U.S.-born men by an estimated $1,700, or roughly 4%. (See Yahoo News story: Illegal Workers Have Mixed Impact.) If that reduction is applied to the roughly 135 million employed Americans, that reduces aggregate annual worker income by $230 billion, or $0.23 trillion. That's roughly 2% of our $12 trillion GDP. That's a loss in consumer spending of $230 billion (less taxes). Given that our entire GDP growth in 2005 was $384 billion, this is a significant amount. Considering that consumer spending is approximately 70% of GDP, that makes the "growth" in consumer spending around $269 billion.

Again, the loss of that $230 billion is no small amount. And it is also $230 billion less money that could have been taxed, costing the Federal government anywhere between $36-55 billion per year. (Increasing the taxable income of a single taxpayer making $35,000/year by $1700 increases Federal income tax by $413. Increasing taxable income of a married taxpayer filing making $35,000/year by $1700 increases Federal income tax by $267. Multiplying these numbers by 135 million amounts to $55.7 billion and $36 billion, respectively.)

Right-wingers will argue that this wage suppression is offset by business profits, and that these profits fuel investment. But investment capital is OVER-abundant at present. Increasing this excess even further will not result in more capital investment. It will result in higher CEO salaries, further overinvestment in the stock market, and further investment in foreign production facilities, the latter of which puts even further downward pressure on American wages.

Furthermore, business profits don't fuel consumer spending. And consumer spending is the engine that drives our economy, not investment. Without consumer spending, there are no returns on investment. And if no returns are anticipated on investment, no investment takes place.

The immigration-fueled reduction in wages does NOT help our economy. It hurts it. It reduces aggregate consumer income and the consumer spending it finances. The reduction in consumer spending reduces consumer production demand, further reducing demand for the labor to provide that production. The reduction in labor demand drives down employment and wages. The resultant labor demand reduction further reduces aggregate consumer income and further reduces consumer purchasing power.

As consumer buying power declines, so do investment opportunities, since those opportunities are created by consumer demand for production. Thus the increased profits resulting from reduction in labor costs create even more excess capital, while reducing investment opportunities still further.

Does anyone really think that wage suppression is "good" for the economy? Doesn't someone have to purchase the goods produced for business to profit? Won't reducing consumer income also reduce consumer goods purchasing? Won't a decline in consumer goods purchasing reduce business revenues and reduce potential profits? Once again, is immigration-fueled reduction in worker/consumer income really "good" for the economy?

unlawflcombatnt

EconomicPopulistCommentary

Economic Patriot Forum

There must be balance between the "means of consumption" and the "means of production."
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:15 pm
@cranston36 cv,
Quote:
costing the Federal government anywhere between $36-55 billion per year.
How can it cost the government anything? It they had more of an amount to tax they would just find more to spend it on as well.
Quote:
But investment capital is OVER-abundant at present.

But investment capital is OVER-abundant at present.[/quote]Over abundance, that's a good one. When is over abundant in a capitol system a detriment?
Quote:
Right-wingers will argue that this wage suppression is offset by business profits, and that these profits fuel investment. But investment capital is OVER-abundant at present. Increasing this excess even further will not result in more capital investment. It will result in higher CEO salaries, further overinvestment in the stock market, and further investment in foreign production facilities, the latter of which puts even further downward pressure on American wages.

For as screwed up as the system is. No one has come up with a better one. Other then communism but we have proven that theory to be wrong. This system has kept us on top for nearly two hundred years.
Quote:
Furthermore, business profits don't fuel consumer spending. And consumer spending is the engine that drives our economy, not investment. Without consumer spending, there are no returns on investment. And if no returns are anticipated on investment, no investment takes place.

Business profits tend to have tricle down affect so IMO the statement is wrong. Especially in a commission type of Environment. And what you can afford is usually less then as much as you think you can which does spur consumer spending. The example is as simple as going out to eat. The money in your pocket is profit. that profit determines where you go to an how much you spend on items. Those items effect the person you buying them from of how much you leave as a tip, which is dirrect profit to him. You don't always spend you profit for a monetary gain. That is the investment part. No always going to get a monetary or any type of gain, it is always at risk. Investments are never risk free, some may lead you to believe that but usually only if they want you to invest.
Quote:
The reduction in consumer spending reduces consumer production demand, further reducing demand for the labor to provide that production.

That reduction also reduces the demand therefore reducing price whitch also reflects in demand.
Quote:
Does anyone really think that wage suppression is "good" for the economy?

It can be in certain situations.
Quote:
Doesn't someone have to purchase the goods produced for business to profit?
No, that is where passion and the investment in that passion cames from. It isn't tangable untill some one else feels it is worth it. That is when profit kicks in.
Quote:
Won't reducing consumer income also reduce consumer goods purchasing?

No always, reduced spending affects demand which brings down prices. Unless you think it is a neccesity then some feel they are forced to pay. When in reality they mad a hoice they wern't confortable with.
0 Replies

cranston36 cv

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:25 pm
@ohiosweetheart,
ohiosweetheart wrote:
was this just a statement? or do you want to know how we feel about immigration?

Make any statement you like.
Why are you asking me if I want you to do something?
If you want to talk about immigration - go ahead, if you want to argue against what I have written go ahead
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:00 pm
@cranston36 cv,
You don't make any sense cranston. This is a debate site, not a place for you to deposit posts and leave.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:28 pm
@ndjs,
I tripped across this the other day. I thought it was funny.

MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO

David M. Bresnahan

April 1, 2006

NewsWithViews.com

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I
would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border
from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know
you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas
and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So,
would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way
over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need,
whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag
pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to
government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to
learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from
Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak
English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my
car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any
complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and do
not want to have to deal with any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and
never say a critical word about me or about the strain I might place on the
economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for
all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox
won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,

David M. Bresnahan
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 11:23 pm
@cranston36 cv,
lol http://www.conflictingviews.com/287-im-headed-to-mexico-new-post.html
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:12 am
@cranston36 cv,
lmfao, that was posted like two days ago.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 04:23 am
@ndjs,
Sorry. You can scratch that one Brent. I don't always check in as much as I should.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:30 am
@cranston36 cv,
Yeah, i copied and posted it in a few places as well.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 10:32 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
You don't make any sense cranston. This is a debate site, not a place for you to deposit posts and leave.
He's that masked man that travels through the night, he's the lone stranger, LOL.
0 Replies