A little local news

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 09:44 am
It's not too long so i'll post the whole thing.

NewsMax - America's News Page
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 930 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 11:58 am
@Drnaline,
LOL great story I like this part: “I wouldn’t think he’d want to go over there to write wills,” she told the newspaper. “If he gets back alive, I’m going to kill him.”
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:45 pm
@Drnaline,
Thanks for sharing this story. We have a friend who also did the same thing. He left for Iraq at at the same time that his oldest son left to go on a mission for our Church. That left 4 younger ones still at home.

His wife Jodi was talking to my grandson and I one day and he made the comment about how it must suck for her. She looked at him and said that "No, we are doing okay. It's the people in Iraq that have lives that suck and he's making it better for them." He's only 13 but wants to enlist when he is old enough because of the example of this family.

The husband and son both came back within 2 weeks of each other. But it was a long 2 years I'm sure for them all.
0 Replies

politically-wrong

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 04:29 am
@Drnaline,
Quote:
“I really wanted to support what I believe is an honorable job,” said Horne, a former Army Ranger and reserve Green Beret who has a 3-year-old daughter and a 7-year-old son

this guy is amazing , such loyalty and sacrifice for his principles and ethics.
tvsej

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 04:44 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;33236 wrote:
this guy is amazing , such loyalty and sacrifice for his principles and ethics.

Sarcastic, not a good idea on this subject. He is a true patriot and a true American, what a brave and heroic man. An example well set for his kids. Even though I do not agree as to why we entered into a war with Iraq, I do agree with his dedication.
politically-wrong

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 02:19 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;33238 wrote:
Sarcastic, not a good idea on this subject. He is a true patriot and a true American, what a brave and heroic man. An example well set for his kids. Even though I do not agree as to why we entered into a war with Iraq, I do agree with his dedication.

why am i always misunderstood? . i seriously admire the guys deeds , although he is a party to what i consider the biggest mistake on our part from the US , still i can see matters from his point of view (i qouted what i bilieved to be his point of view) and when am sarcastic you will be screaming murder.tvsej Very Happy .
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 09:48 am
@Drnaline,
Sorry PW it just came off that way to me, I apologize for the misunderstanding. T.:peace:
politically-wrong

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 02:14 am
@tvsej,
tvsej;33514 wrote:
Sorry PW it just came off that way to me, I apologize for the misunderstanding. T.:peace:

no problemo ( as Arnold said in judgement day, thats my favorite movie ) Smile
0 Replies