New Study Recommends Against Burning Biofuels to Solve Global Warming

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:10 pm
New Study Recommends Against Burning Biofuels to Solve Global Warming | NewsBusters.org

A new study published in the journal Science last Friday concluded that the continued burning of oil-related energy products combined with the planting of additional forests is better for the environment than the manufacture and use of biofuels such as ethanol.

In fact, the authors suggested that governments across the globe move away from biofuels as a global warming solution completely, and instead focus moneys and energies on reforestation and increasing the efficiencies involved with the burning of fossil fuels.

Of course you didn't hear about this because no major American press outlet thought it was newsworthy despite media's fascination with anthropogenic global warming.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,813 • Replies: 20
No top replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:16 am
@Drnaline,
And throw in the fact that it takes acres of crop land to produce a few gallons of biofuel and so price of food will sky rocket because farmers can make more $$$ planting crops for fuel instead of food.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:34 am
@Drnaline,
Solar, wind, clean coal. That's the future for America (BTW the USA is the persian gulf of coal)

Biofuels are useful but Electricity is the automobile energy of the future, why? cause it's universal
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:47 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;32189 wrote:
Solar, wind, clean coal. That's the future for America (BTW the USA is the persian gulf of coal)

Biofuels are useful but Electricity is the automobile energy of the future, why? cause it's universal

I don't understand why more people don't think like this? Instead of all this pro fossil fuel studies trying to debunk the latest liberal trend in enviromental awareness, how about doing something useful with that knowledge? I know the pay is better when the oil companies are footing you bills, but give me a ******* break, how long are we going to be Saudis whores?
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:02 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32191 wrote:
I don't understand why more people don't think like this?

I spend most of my day trying to figure out why more people don't think like me :cool:
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:42 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32191 wrote:
I don't understand why more people don't think like this? Instead of all this pro fossil fuel studies trying to debunk the latest liberal trend in enviromental awareness, how about doing something useful with that knowledge? I know the pay is better when the oil companies are footing you bills, but give me a ******* break, how long are we going to be Saudis whores?
Quote:
but give me a ******* break, how long are we going to be Saudis whores
As long as we decide to drive cars.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 02:51 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32262 wrote:
As long as we decide to drive cars.

As long as we are herded towards internal combustion engines, without being offered another viable alternative. Who killed the electric car?
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:07 pm
@Drnaline,
It doesn't matter to me, why are you till driving a petrol burning car?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:10 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32272 wrote:
It doesn't matter to me, why are you till driving a petrol burning car?

Because I want to, and don't have the money to buy a new one. Aligning yourself with our continued reliance on the House of Saud to prove how unPC you are is anti-American.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:11 pm
@Drnaline,
Part of the problem just like I. You too support the house of Saud, welcome into the fold.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:16 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32277 wrote:
Part of the problem just like I. You too support the house of Saud, welcome into the fold.

I never tried to deny that I use gasoline, at least I have the conscience to call into question our being whored, and no, Saudi isn't our bitch, other way around. If we stop giving them money in our current situation WE are fucked, not them. Off the nipple, and America will truely be on teh road to real independance.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:19 pm
@Drnaline,
Quote:
If we stop giving them money in our current situation WE are fucked, not them. Off the nipple, and America will truely be on teh road to real independance.
Seems to me the two statements contradict each other? So no matter what were fucked but on the road to indepentence? Your not willing to pay more to get off the fuel nipple?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:20 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32283 wrote:
Seems to me the two statements contradict each other? So no matter what were ***ed but on the road to indepentence?

We adjust fire on the things that are keeping us a slave to Saudi oil, retarget our industry to work for US. Encourage citizens to use alternative means to power their homes, less dependance on foreign oil, less ass we sell.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:24 pm
@Drnaline,
The first step to independence is getting ride of your car, but we all know the chance's of that don't we?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 04:24 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;32289 wrote:
The first step to independence is getting ride of your car, but we all know the chance's of that don't we?

Actually, it's not, but for your little mind trying to make some asinine argument, I'm sure you think it is.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 05:48 pm
@Drnaline,
The oil industry owns every idea that can be contrived to replace oil, negate their rights to own patents that would replace oil and we might see a product make it to market. As it is now, I can design a replacement for oil but I can't marketed because the Oil Industry owns the rights to it. So replacements like electric cars and other alternate fuel sources get bought up by the oil industry. We need to decide if we want to depend on the devil industry for a life time or take away some of their legal rights to ensure a future for our children's children. I'd pay twice what I do for gas and home heating fuel if the monies were to go to a Western Country and not one in the ME.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 09:06 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32191 wrote:
I don't understand why more people don't think like this? Instead of all this pro fossil fuel studies trying to debunk the latest liberal trend in enviromental awareness, how about doing something useful with that knowledge? I know the pay is better when the oil companies are footing you bills, but give me a ***ing break, how long are we going to be Saudis whores?

Drnaline, thanks for the post. It started a thread and people understand this new approach to better fuel is way more costly to produce than it is worth now. But Old man Bush is so tight with the Saudis and his son still follows their lead. So the answer to how long were going to be Saudis whores is as long as those in power deem. But worst is these people have placed other people in positions that make DC work the way those in power want. We are just pawns in these people eyes. Pay the tax and shut up is their answer.
I say it this way we have the best government Big Business owns.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 02:51 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32269 wrote:
As long as we are herded towards internal combustion engines, without being offered another viable alternative. Who killed the electric car?

I watched a documentary on the electric car and it turns out they were so well made that the company couldn't predict any profits from repairs once the warrenty expired. Thus no future earnings from maintanance so they scrapped the project. No long term profit gains but a green product equals no product.

We have windmills here, and frankly the noise is really annoying and for me painful (hyper hearing sensitivity). They need to be placed in areas where they won't upset daily life. We've had some real community issues with windmills, they make crappy neighbours.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 03:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
Good post silverchild.

What ever it takes to stop holding hands with saudi kings i am all for it.

Silverchild79;32189 wrote:

0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 03:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
:headbang:Very Happy :headbang:

Silverchild79;32203 wrote:
I spend most of my day trying to figure out why more people don't think like me :cool:
0 Replies