Blacks and Hispanics Natural Allies?

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 09:10 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;31428 wrote:
I'm still looking for "Austalia"....(Q.2)

'Austalia' is an underground paradise located somewhere between Austria and Australia. It floats beneath the surface of the Earth, caughing up citizens of the aforementioned nations. That's why so many people confuse them. :p
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 11:15 am
@Crito,
Crito;31868 wrote:
Another myth I often hear is that illegal immigrants are doing jobs nobody else wants to do. If vacuuming airplanes paid $1000/hr Ph.Ds would be lining up to do it. It's really not that hard or grueling of a job. The truth is Illegal immigrants are the only ones willing to work for the slave wages the monopolists/oligopolists/cartels want to pay.

And as to Asians comprising the most grads, this may be true, yet they're still one of the poorest communities despite that fact. I could also cite a couple examples of Nobel prize winners who had to borrow money just to attend the ceremony, but I think I've made my point already.

Thanks, Crito, but you only reference the extremes. Fact is, a crew of 4 flew from Mexico to do concrete work for me. In 2 days they left with more than $40,000 of my money. Had I known the contractor was planning to bring in foreign workers, I would have made other arrangements. Another thing, yes, I earned money from those that worked for me but they were all paid higher that standard wages including health and life insurance, vacations and bonuses. But if I made wrong decisions, I and they would all be out. Besides, it was my money that funded my company, it was me that took the risks, it was me that employed them - Mexican Americans, African Americans, European Americans and even a dwarf. What have you done?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 11:21 am
@Drnaline,
Free enterprise, damn i love it. It's what makes us the envy of the world. To the point of hate, LOL.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 02:00 pm
@Drnaline,
Most Americans don't realize how critical market economics have always been to their very being. Most of our founders freely admitted our Declaration of Independence was almost pure John Locke, an Enlightenment forefather who taught that private property was the key to a healthy, enduring society. It works something like this: a property owner will vote, because he wants a government that will protect his property rights; a property owner will obey the law, because if he doesn't, he could lose his property; he will pay taxes, for the same reason; he will work hard, to own more property, and/or keep what he has; he will care about the quality of the social order to which he belongs, because he has a huge stake in it -- his property. He will defend that society, preserve it, contribute to its progress, so on and so forth, ALL BECAUSE HE LOVES AND WANTS TO KEEP HIS PRIVATE PROPERTY. Moreover, all people want to own property. That's a major way in which they celebrate, express and define FREEDOM. Sure......people can say anything, but it's their property that counts the most to them. If you don't believe me, think about losing your home, that which you busted hump you're entire life paying for. Without a place to live, that you can call your own, you're SOL, in a big way. Your attachment to your home speaks many times more about the way you feel about life in general than anything else. Property ownership is central to human happiness and the wellbeing of society, like it or not. Sorry, Marx, but, in the final analysis, people don't care that much about the welfare of their fellow Man, and are not motivated by moral incentives. It's all about property and personal wealth. That's our nature.
missdixy

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 03:46 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;31923 wrote:
Most Americans don't realize how critical market economics have always been to their very being. Most of our founders freely admitted our Constitution was almost pure John Locke, an Enlightenment forefather who taught that private property was the key to a healthy, enduring society. It works something like this: a property owner will vote, because he wants a government that will protect his property rights; a property owner will obey the law, because if he doesn't, he could lose his property; he will pay taxes, for the same reason; he will work hard, to own more property, and/or keep what he has; he will care about the quality of the social order to which he belongs, because he has a huge stake in it -- his property. He will defend that society, preserve it, contribute to its progress, so on and so forth, ALL BECAUSE HE LOVES AND WANTS TO KEEP HIS PRIVATE PROPERTY. Moreover, all people want to own property. That's a major way in which they celebrate, express and define FREEDOM. Sure......people can say anything, but it's their property that counts the most to them. If you don't believe me, think about losing your home, that which you busted hump you're entire life paying for. Without a place to live, that you can call your own, you're SOL, in a big way. Your attachment to your home speaks many times more about the way you feel about life in general than anything else. Property ownership is central to human happiness and the wellbeing of society, like it or not. Sorry, Marx, but, in the final analysis, people don't care that much about the welfare of their fellow Man, and are not motivated by moral incentives. It's all about property and personal wealth. That's our nature.

That's a little depressing to think about Pino man, but I think you may be right.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 04:29 pm
@missdixy,
missdixy;31929 wrote:
That's a little depressing to think about Pino man, but I think you may be right.

Yeah...it is sad, but explains not only our success as a nation, but the way most people think. It definitely explains the impossibility of realizing Communism, a psychology rooted in fantasy. :no: :no: :no:
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:41 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;31428 wrote:
I'm still looking for "Austalia"....(Q.2)

Typo......r
0 Replies

tvsej

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:46 pm
@Crito,
Crito;31848 wrote:
Education has nothing to do with it. We have a turnip with a Harvard MBA as president. But I'll humor you: lets say everyone in the world now has a Ph.D. Who do you think is going to pick your vegetables? An illegal Anglo-Saxon immigrant with a Ph.D or an illegal Mexican immigrant with a Ph.D?

Fact is the wealthy make their money off the hard work of others, not by using their brains. And they maintain their wealth by colluding with other wealthy people, not through free market competition. That's the true nature of capitalism.

Blacks and Hispanics are natural allies, therefore, because historically they've been the source of the slave labor that makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.

It is Yale he went to and he was a shoe -in. He is an idiot and could have never passed on his own. Of course I was not saying we should all be Harvard grads, just above kindergarden level intelligence would be nice.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 05:30 pm
@Drnaline,
He got through Yale, twice, academically. The guy is not dumb. He's just tired and beaten up right now. Truthfully, America is so mesmerized by the media today, I don't believe it matters much exactly what any President does. It's all about image, real or fake.That's a sorry state of affairs.
0 Replies