Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 04:11 pm
@Drnaline,
Have you ever seen the inside of a prison? Natural allies LOL
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 04:17 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;29903 wrote:
Have you ever seen the inside of a prison? Natural allies LOL

No way. They might unite at times against Whitie, but when in a jam, they fight each other like crazy. Also, Blacks don't consider White-Hispanic marriage to symbolize progress in the context of mult-culturalism. They split hairs in this regard. Hispanicism isn't part of their struggle against Whitie. Whitie can't earn koodos with Blacks by getting along with Hispanics. Blacks only care about Blacks, and that's unfortunate. Multi-culturalism shouldn't be about one race, no matter what race we're talking about.:dunno:
socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 06:03 pm
@Drnaline,
More like natural enemies. Truth is they are so provincial in their core that there is little room for outsiders of any other race. Both groups will tolerate each other when it comes to confrontation with the Caucasians, but generally, there is no real desire to warm up. I say this having grown up in East Oakland, California - multicultural to say the least. It appears that the more educated people are of all colors the more they get along. I would prefer any educated so-called minority to a racist redneck anytime.

I did not say redneck - I said RACIST redneck.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 06:41 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;29919 wrote:
More like natural enemies. Truth is they are so provincial in their core that there is little room for outsiders of any other race. Both groups will tolerate each other when it comes to confrontation with the Caucasians, but generally, there is no real desire to warm up. I say this having grown up in East Oakland, California - multicultural to say the least. It appears that the more educated people are of all colors the more they get along. I would prefer any educated so-called minority to a racist redneck anytime.

Down haar in south Texas there's a huge Anglo-Hispanic miscegination factor that tends to blur cultural and racial delineations between those communities. I know many, many people who are totally Anglo in appearance, with Spanish surnames. When they don't speak Spanish, they have no real sense of Hispanicism, but still have the surnames. I like it, because it wears away the lethally sharp-edged nationalism that often divides and harms society.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 01:38 pm
@Drnaline,
My mother is a Rodriguez. I look not the part
Drnaline

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 01:49 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;30047 wrote:
My mother is a Rodriguez. I look not the part

Except for when your on the pot, LOL.
missdixy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 10:10 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;29907 wrote:
No way. They might unite at times against Whitie, but when in a jam, they fight each other like crazy.

Sadly, that is way too true and I see it often around here.
tvsej

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:13 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;29919 wrote:

"It appears that the more educated people are of all colors the more they get along. I would prefer any educated so-called minority to a racist redneck anytime". Amen!

That is a fact, it is very sad that so many Americans of any nationality are poorly educated. Just for fun one time we did a "Word on the Street" question survey, it was the saddest, and most embarrassing mass display of stupidity I have ever seen.
Questions asked;
1. Can you name a country that begins with the letter U?
2. Can you locate Austalia on a map?
3. Who is Tony Blair?
4. What is the money in England called.
5. What religion is a Buddist Monk?
6. Does the sun revolve around the Earth?
7. Is the moon a planet?
8. How many planets are in our solar system? (this has changed recently)
9. What is the national bird of the United States?
10. Do you know the words to the Star Spangled Banner?
These questions were taken from a TV survey, it was not Jay Leno
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:55 am
@missdixy,
missdixy;30834 wrote:
Sadly, that is way too true and I see it often around here.

It's weird. I often see Blacks and Hispanics side against Whites, and then, moments later, Whites and Hispanics uniting against Blacks. In the end, though, most Hispanics I know criticize Blacks, rather bitterly.
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:57 am
@Drnaline,
if history is any indication the last group to be new and embattled are always the hardest on next group

this is why in America the Irish and Italians were once at odds. The only problem with this equation is the perceived common enemy "whitey"
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:22 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;30871 wrote:
if history is any indication the last group to be new and embattled are always the hardest on next group

this is why in America the Irish and Italians were once at odds. The only problem with this equation is the perceived common enemy "whitey"

Watched an MSNBC special on Salinas State Prison in CA, where overcrowding is so bad, they keep huge populations of cons locked up in the gym, which is full of bunkbeds stacked three-high. Holy chit. What a nightmare. The Southern Mexican gang rules, and racially based gang violence is out of control. Everybody in the place must join a gang, and take orders to hurt others and possibly stay locked up forever. Ya either join a gang, or die. Period. Bad, bad, very, very bad place.:eek: :no: :no: :no: :no: :eek:
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:24 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;30048 wrote:
Except for when your on the pot, LOL.

I look like a beaner on the john?
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:31 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;30981 wrote:
I look like a beaner on the john?

But do you smell like a beaner on the john??
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:18 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30866 wrote:
It's weird. I often see Blacks and Hispanics side against Whites, and then, moments later, Whites and Hispanics uniting against Blacks. In the end, though, most Hispanics I know criticize Blacks, rather bitterly.

Yeah, definitely. My own mother and aunts and uncles (I am hispanic) do it all the time. Fortunately, though, most of my cousins and myself are not that way at all.
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:19 pm
@tvsej,
tvsej;30847 wrote:
"It appears that the more educated people are of all colors the more they get along. I would prefer any educated so-called minority to a racist redneck anytime". Amen!

That is a fact, it is very sad that so many Americans of any nationality are poorly educated. Just for fun one time we did a "Word on the Street" question survey, it was the saddest, and most embarrassing mass display of stupidity I have ever seen.
Questions asked;
1. Can you name a country that begins with the letter U?
2. Can you locate Austalia on a map?
3. Who is Tony Blair?
4. What is the money in England called.
5. What religion is a Buddist Monk?
6. Does the sun revolve around the Earth?
7. Is the moon a planet?
8. How many planets are in our solar system? (this has changed recently)
9. What is the national bird of the United States?
10. Do you know the words to the Star Spangled Banner?
These questions were taken from a TV survey, it was not Jay Leno

Yay I passed the test lol =D 10/10
:cool:
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:40 pm
@Drnaline,
I'm still looking for "Austalia"....(Q.2)
missdixy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:45 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;31428 wrote:
I'm still looking for "Austalia"....(Q.2)

Lol Very Happy
0 Replies

Crito

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 01:38 am
@Drnaline,
Education has nothing to do with it. We have a turnip with a Harvard MBA as president. But I'll humor you: lets say everyone in the world now has a Ph.D. Who do you think is going to pick your vegetables? An illegal Anglo-Saxon immigrant with a Ph.D or an illegal Mexican immigrant with a Ph.D?

Fact is the wealthy make their money off the hard work of others, not by using their brains. And they maintain their wealth by colluding with other wealthy people, not through free market competition. That's the true nature of capitalism.

Blacks and Hispanics are natural allies, therefore, because historically they've been the source of the slave labor that makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.
Crito

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:24 am
@Drnaline,
Another myth I often hear is that illegal immigrants are doing jobs nobody else wants to do. If vacuuming airplanes paid $1000/hr Ph.Ds would be lining up to do it. It's really not that hard or grueling of a job. The truth is Illegal immigrants are the only ones willing to work for the slave wages the monopolists/oligopolists/cartels want to pay.

And as to Asians comprising the most grads, this may be true, yet they're still one of the poorest communities despite that fact. I could also cite a couple examples of Nobel prize winners who had to borrow money just to attend the ceremony, but I think I've made my point already.