Times Gives Lefties A Hefty Discount For 'betray Us' Ad

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 09:44 am
TIMES GIVES LEFTIES A HEFTY DISCOUNT FOR 'BETRAY US' AD | By CHARLES HURT Bureau Chief | National News | US News | Current National News

September 13, 2007 -- WASHINGTON - The New York Times dramatically slashed its normal rates for a full-page advertisement for MoveOn.org's ad questioning the integrity of Gen. David Petraeus, the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq.

Headlined "Cooking the Books for the White House," the ad which ran in Monday's Times says Petraeus is "a military man constantly at war with the facts" and concluded - even before he testified before Congress - that "General Petraeus is likely to become General Betray Us."

According to Abbe Serphos, director of public relations for the Times, "the open rate for an ad of that size and type is $181,692."

A spokesman for MoveOn.org confirmed to The Post that the liberal activist group had paid only $65,000 for the ad - a reduction of more than $116,000 from the stated rate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 656 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 02:46 pm
@Drnaline,
Well the New York times has printed articles letting terrorist explain why they are so angry, I'd say that paper is so far left the owner crawls sideways to work. I don't know why the reporters attended the conferance, they may as well wrote their article before they heard the General speak. They don't seem to care if they write the truth, they just like to feed leftards their usual pablum.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 04:19 pm
@Red cv,
Red;36875 wrote:
Well the New York times has printed articles letting terrorist explain why they are so angry, I'd say that paper is so far left the owner crawls sideways to work. I don't know why the reporters attended the conferance, they may as well wrote their article before they heard the General speak. They don't seem to care if they write the truth, they just like to feed leftards their usual pablum.

where do you get your quotes and propaganda from red ?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 04:22 pm
@Drnaline,
I thought it was pretty good.
0 Replies